• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian prairie weather next 10 days

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got between 4/10 and 6/10 east of Regina. Heard a full inch near Neudorf. Lentil stubbles were a walk in the park but what’s ahead with another inch on the way? Might be pretty relaxing harvest. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
      Moisture an inch down and maybe 9 to 12 inches further, but that's it ,nothing below that , unless it's under a big boulder.
      RAIN damit , so I can lock in some new crop
      Much the same here

Comment

Waded out to the gauge. An inch. Gross.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          Yep , that looks an awful lot like all of our dirt over here where we farm. No complaining about too much rain over in my neck of the woods. I'll take 2 inches now , with another 6 in June. Then we will have something to put in the bins , instead of frickking air!

Comment

Drew just said we could get a special 2” this Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Tone View Post
              Drew just said we could get a special 2” this Friday.
              Yikes. Getting close to an inch here since it started up this morning. Might be glad I still use obsolete air seeder with harrows this year.

Comment

1.5" since this morning. A zero week here. And Friday -Saturday rain better be elsewhere, where those need it, or we are looking at late seeding. A 180 degree OPPOSITE of dusty 2021.

Comment

2/10 total here for May. Seeding into moisture for now but its drying out fast. The 2" they are calling for this weekend would be much welcomed.

Comment

Have moisture in the soil but this wind is drying things out. Lucky it’s frigid enough to slow evaporation. I see we might be in for 5mm if we’re lucky. Won’t poo poo it but we need inches of moisture to put us right at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                      1.5" since this morning. A zero week here. And Friday -Saturday rain better be elsewhere, where those need it, or we are looking at late seeding. A 180 degree OPPOSITE of dusty 2021.
                      Its scary time.

Comment

rinker, we are at 2.5 " May, you are welcome to the next 2.5". or else SCARY!

Comment

For those remaining silent... is there anybody that's in the "sweet spot"?

I feel bad for the guys that are drowning, and bad for dust bowl guys. Someone please give us some good news!

Going back and forth stuffing a crop in, but if it doesnt get serious here in the next 2 weeks, this is going to be one monumentally expensive venture into "cover crops"! Packers are shiny, and I'm going to need another box of carbide points to get done as they're wearing aggressively.

What a way to make a living... "Livin the Dream!"™️

Comment

We are hoping to fert some hay ground without rutting. Crop seeding a few more days yet and no more rain needed at this time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...