• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Well, another week is gone and the month of April is coming to a close. Yes the SE is now wet not dry anymore and Manitoba is well it's wet for sure with more on its way. Right now our weather stations are showing an average of plus 1 with -3 with wind chill. Warms my heart Trudeau and your Global warming bullshit. Total Rainfall for the month was not great at all for us at 4/10 rain and whatever snow we got. Snowbanks on back roads that I'm not sure when they will open up.

So here is the crop report.

Did drive from Regina down to Weyburn Estevan and Indian head home back to Regina. Were all in the same boat snow in yards and treelines and low areas and muddy fields no one in that area is seeding or even working on Drills. See one finally at Balcarres getting put together but that was all. Maybe these new big farm shops are full of drills getting done?

Nothing has changed in the last week cold night temps freeze the ground and then day temps don't get much over 3 or 5 so melting is min. I'm thinking the 9th of May to get started some are now saying the 13th of May. For us, the panic will start if we're not going by the 16th of May.

To the guys that were seeding in southern Alberta in March how is that working out? Great growing conditions I guess.

Most are getting done with cleaning the grain and now moving drills to the yard once it drys out to start getting them ready for the long run.

We did dig out the combines that are sold and have them ready to go and parked outside.

I still can't get a heavy harrow or kelly out of the snowbank.

I still can't get to the water truck and burrow pit because of snow banks.

Land rent I am hearing in some places in Sask is now in the $120 plus an acre area and Land sales are still strong with $500,000 a quarter and up. I have come to the point in my life I am not going to chase the crazy train. I'll sit back and watch from the Golf course or lake or Florida unless something comes up that suits my liking.

Most don't get the concept of farm what size you want that's ok find your size and when it's a totally enjoyable size you know your there. Trying to be like the BTO is not a game plan. Studies still prove that 5000 acres make the most money.

This spring will be a rush as some guys that have to be the first in the field and then first done to tell us all how well it went are stuck sitting with muddy fields or dry cold fields. These eager beavers are now going to be full-out stressed so watch out and be safe.

Packers are now in stock with limited supply so if you can find some get them. Drills are arriving and guys will have their new for spring and maybe this late spring is a blessing. So now trades will get to the next guy and next guy.

Stuff is going up and up and up in price trailer I picked up yesterday was the last of stock on hand and replacement is now 20% higher.

Fuel big load arrived it was lower than the beginning of April and is summer diesel. Double.

Round up I am hearing weird prices from 12 to 15 and no one wants to be holding expensive products if it comes down.

Our guy with Pioneer quit so now we have to break in a new one. No, he retired and good for him enjoy your retirement. Funny some Chem salesman don't even stop in at the farm just look at smaller clients I guess that's a thing.

Trudeau is going to be coming after farm Cattle and Sheep next thing because to save the planet were all supposed to eat grass and enjoy it.

But wait MR grain farmer Boboo has been quiet but papers are coming out that Fert has to drop by over 30% to meet our goals and Cereal production in the prairie region is the problem.

I'm not a liberal that is a known fact but isn't it kind of insane in a time of shortage in the world rising prices that one's own government is going to now create food shortages. For what ****ing Reason?

Interesting times ahead.

Also who is locking in prices for 2023 fall for Canola, I have been hearing reports but the grain companies arent giving you a basis. So what -500 a ton come 2023. It's a big game going on in Canada and I wouldn't fall for some of it.

So take care watch out for the eager beavers and stay safe it's almost spring and the most amazing project in Western Canada is just days away. Those seeding nice.

Some say I don’t know what I’m talking about well stats canada said canola flat or down wheat up but mostly durum and oats huge acres with min barley and peas.

Ah out canola is flat we’re probably dropping peas and barley and wheat is replacement not canola.

Western farmers that were dry it’s east durum lentils flax and mustard.

Seed costs Fert and they thought canola acres would be up huge?

South Regina

Estevan

Stoughton

Back road at home should be open by June

Comment

Canola did hit $28 at some crushers for July and Elevators are $27.50 and over.

Wheat did almost hit 15 and is sitting between 14 and 15.

So does anyone believe the market isn't fixed to help the grain companies with a delay in info last fall on how bad the drought of 2021 really was?

They are running out of products to sell and yes the war did do some things but drought in South America and USA and Canada and probably other places led to this.

Hey, they are making money at these prices just imagine how much they made at 12 Canola and 6 wheat.

Comment

You can pay for crush plants in just a few years thank a Farmer.

Comment

Have wheat contracted for july, they called last week wanting it.Crusher calls every week looking for canola, yep theres a shortage.Brokers calling daily looking for old and new crop.Not locking in a bushel after last years fiasco.

Comment

Not pre-booking any canola.

With acres cut back and I am betting on a repeat of the 2021 summer.

Comment

I’m not selling any wheat until it’s over $15, eventually the market has to take notice of all the the events that have happened so far in 2022.

We have some canola hedged for 2022 on paper, would like to do more but when your making margin calls and not sure how high this market will go I will just sit patiently patiently until this market settles down.
              Last edited by Sodbuster; Apr 28, 2022, 08:35.

Comment

Back roads used lots

Fence lines are full.

I guess this corner we’re not going to seed

Comment

Not locking anything in, will sleep like a baby all summer if its dry and not have to worry about filling contracts. I was surprised walking into one of my fields yesterday at how fast the snow is disappearing considering the weather we have had, the shallow sloughs that are forming are only there because the frost hasn't disappeared, this water will all disappear quickly over the next few warm days, it could easily turn into a repeat of 2021 if the taps shut off now and we don't get timely rains.

Comment

During all the drought years of the eighties, we never had 2 droughts back-to-back.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                      80,81,84,88,01,02,17,21 extreme drought out here !

85 hail, 04 frost, 05-10 wet, 10-14 flooded, 16 sept snow, 19 spring canola harvest !

2022 2 tenths so far and extreme retailer price setting and gouging !

Good luck to all Farmers and Ranchers !
                      That pretty much sums it up yup 👍

Comment

Almost done cleaning wheat then barley for this year if it gets late or 2023.

Comment

Last night was the first night in a long time it never froze, oh it's almost May 1st.

Was nice to see our main Burrow pit fill to the brim and actually use the spillway like it was designed for. This is the first time since we added onto it that it filled over without pumping any water at all.

I do like Drews's forecast for our area Wet in June moves from Manitoba to our area. Could be very interesting if too much water comes but that's normal.

Heading out have seed deliveries today and then the Chemical starts arriving next week along with oil and DEF.

Spring is in the air.

Comment

We got to plus ten here. First double digit temp of the year on April 28th! Lambing going hard and fun.

Comment

Zero here and snow and rain last 3 days, no early spring here. Was drying nicely just too cold.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...