• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beautiful little rain here last night and this morning
    spring smells nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      beautiful little rain here last night and this morning
      spring smells nice!!
      How did you get the lottery#'s? Gee we must be in purgatory.

Prairie North Coop Archerwill delivered ALL our seed/chem yesterday. Fuel filled, just waiting for drying up.
      Last edited by fjlip; Apr 29, 2022, 13:02.

Comment

Busy playing with calves here. Looks like spring weather may be returning next week after winter took back most of April here.

Burned up more straw the last three weeks than all winter but the newborns are handling it better than I expected. Got a few scours showing up now but that’s normal for us.

Had to buy an old pull type sprayer as backup for our nice spray coupe that agco doesn’t really support anymore. I guess 14 years old is too old. Perkins only has timing gears in England and a rush order means they “might” get here in two weeks instead of two months. They failed (along with the injection pump) at 1700 hrs and apparently it’s very common. Ready to dump it and go green since I have better luck getting parts for my 3020. I long for the good ole days of overnight parts and dealers with inventory………… Any suggestions for a good green sprayer for under $100k??

Trying to get some of our shrapnel ready for playing in the dirt but the cows seem to be hogging all the time here. Maybe next week 🍀

Decided to sell our yearling steers last week instead of grassing them. Just found out we’re losing a bunch of rental ground this fall and with how dry it is we needed to shake things up. That is the most enjoyable part of having cows is watching them graze and just keeping the fences up and water flowing. I guess someone else gets that pleasure this summer. We’ve learned after the last couple droughts fighting Ma Nature is far too stressful. Much easier to press the “easy” button and sometimes even more profitable.

Fun times in the neighbourhood waiting on spring 🍀

Comment

We are getting close to being ready. Maybe have everything hooked up and tested by Tuesday. Most rigs will be rolling here next week. NE Edmonton. I don't know about anybody else but I've sure spent a pile of loot the last six months. I was a little taken aback by the decline in the markets today (except diesel) but am comforted by the knowledge that has been shared here that grain/oilseeds have only one way to go -UP!! Have a great weekend. Chill abit, it's about to get hectic.

Comment

15” of extremely wet heavy snow here, game changer. Ground was extremely dry and thawed out prior, should just slurp it up. Forecast for 16-18C next week.
            Maybe two weeks ready to go if dry enough.

Comment

snow banks are starting to go down. Drill 2 is almost ready to go drill one is getting new discs and sc****rs for anhydrous and a bigger tank arrived.

maybe planting by next Monday like I said.

Comment

Forecast 27 here on thursday.
                Couple of guys that don't wait to see what the neighborhood is doing will be going me thinks.

Only takes one good field.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                  Forecast 27 here on thursday.
                  Couple of guys that don't wait to see what the neighborhood is doing will be going me thinks.

Only takes one good field.
                  They dropped it to 24 now
                  Probably end up single digits

Comment

A guy was out spraying today in the mud and snow.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      Treflan or 28 maybe?

Comment

Roundup and express they seed only two crops.

Comment

Neighbours starting seeding last Friday, we started yesterday. Descents soil moisture, no very many sloughs. Weather forecast yesterday showed one day of showers in the next 14. The weather forecast today shows rain showers on about 9 of the next 14 days. Hard to believe forecasts can change that much in one day.

One quick brain fart story. Went to my cousins up the road on Sunday to get my sprayer, had it stored in his Quonset. We had disconnected the ground wires as it has no power shut off. So hooked them up, battery needed a bit of a boost, away we went. Yesterday I put water in it, turn on the Raven 4600 scs monitor, it isn’t communicating with 2 of the can nodes, fml. Phone local service manager, says to check the plugs. So took them off cleaned them, hooked back up no difference. So I start following the wiring harness, take off the battery box cover, fml, missed hooking 2 wires back up to the ground posts on the battery. Hook them up back in business. So I go out to the field to run a test with water. Fricking gps won’t talk to the the capstan monitor. My fault again, I had done a gps test the day before. In setting the gps I had hit the return to defaults button, as it turned out this changed my nmea settings. Thankfully was able to get ahold of my favourite tech guy, he walked me through it, took about 3 minutes. My conclusion was, as I age(I am 57), I find electronic problems cause more stoppages than mechanical problems do and it is only going to get worse.

Comment

You not alone Hamloc, some days it’s one step forward and two back lol

Comment

LOL drill still not hooked on....just finishing cleaning seed, getting inputs into the yard.

So I only booked half my fert requirements in the fall, just enough for the bin we have, ended up having to pay spring pricing for the rest. Wow. A full double on my fertility costs this yr. Hope the economy can hold it together until harvest.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                                And the annual free-for-all assault on the environment begins. Clearly off label. Labels are legal documents. Notice to User states that it is an offence under the Pest Control Products Act to use a product in a way that is inconsistent with the directions on the label. Trouble is those farmers know they can get away with it. You never hear of fines or warnings even. Year after year. The farmers that "do the right thing" according to furrow, should be shutting this guy down but this is not an isolated case as some would lead you to believe. The price of chemicals has doubled and tripled and these guys still waste whilst polluting. What you do to the environment, you do to yourself because we are part of the environment, not separate from it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...