• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard Red Spring Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    Definitely a couple bins of 19 crop left. Most of the 20, and most of the 21. All with temp cables and aeration. Dried to beyond dry, since the 19 and 20 started out at closer to 20%.
    To say I've got experience with storing grain at dangerous levels would be an understatement.
    did ya empty your bins?

Comment

So hearing today(which I'm sure is old news) Russia selling wheat to Egypt big time, and to Europe(Gee I thought they all hated Russia and were putting trade sanctions against Russia)
      Russia selling $30-60/t under market price.(otherwise, global price)
      When will they run out, or maybe better, when will Russians run out of Ukraine wheat to sell?

Comment

sounds like our AWB now as privacy timelines has elapsed and AWB books opening from way back when.

Single desk usedto under cut market by huge amount to make sales and was often covered with cash market sales following year which then had to be covered next year and so on and so on

Your CWB was above such shenanigans

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
          sounds like our AWB now as privacy timelines has elapsed and AWB books opening from way back when.

Single desk usedto under cut market by huge amount to make sales and was often covered with cash market sales following year which then had to be covered next year and so on and so on

Your CWB was above such shenanigans
          Not…

Stalin stole the Ukrainian grain in the 1930’s…. Starving the farmers to death…

Putin stealing Ukraine grain in 2023…. Killing Ukrainian farmers, destroying their infrastructure and farms….

Nothing changed… Putin no better than Stalin.
          Stalin caused the collapse of global grain markets in the 1930’s….

What will Putin do in the end?????

Praying for wisdom….

Comment

Originally posted by Marusko View Post
            did ya empty your bins?
            or watched it go up and watched it go down?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              Definitely a couple bins of 19 crop left. Most of the 20, and most of the 21. All with temp cables and aeration. Dried to beyond dry, since the 19 and 20 started out at closer to 20%.
              To say I've got experience with storing grain at dangerous levels would be an understatement.
              Ever hear of the time value of money?

Comment

Best NOT calculate.

Comment

Pretty sad when CPSR is nearly worth as much as good #1 HRSW

Comment

quality means nothing anymore , look at our politicians
                    30 years ago they woulda been done away with

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      Pretty sad when CPSR is nearly worth as much as good #1 HRSW
                      New varieties of CPSR … if like ours at 13% px… is every bit as good for most milling applications as CWRS… if we have decent harvest conditions… falling numbers well over 350.

With dry Aug… 65lb/bu… looks like toffee…

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                        New varieties of CPSR … if like ours at 13% px… is every bit as good for most milling applications as CWRS… if we have decent harvest conditions… falling numbers well over 350.

With dry Aug… 65lb/bu… looks like toffee…

Cheers
                        Do you still see a cps yield increase over the newer hrs varieties?
                        On my farm the price premium for hrs is almost gone but the cps yield bump isnt enough to be sure it wasn't just a 1/4" shower at a critical time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronski View Post
                          Do you still see a cps yield increase over the newer hrs varieties?
                          On my farm the price premium for hrs is almost gone but the cps yield bump isnt enough to be sure it wasn't just a 1/4" shower at a critical time.
                          A toss up… no doubt…

Risk splitting… like most marketing… which will make more net… depends on global wheat markets… Hard Red Winter had more drought than Spring Wheat… then the spread decreases between the classes.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                            Ever hear of the time value of money?
                            When interest has been nearly free(past tense), and actually free on cash advance? And the only thing I want to spend the money on is land, and there is none for sale at any price. I would say doubling the value in the bins beats the time value in the bank quite handily. But I certainly do take that into account.

Comment

Originally posted by Marusko View Post
                              did ya empty your bins?
                              I have sold about half of total canola this winter. Will sit on the rest till late spring/summer. Most barley sold. About 1/4 of wheat sold, no hurry to move the rest.

Edit, I just checked the date of the original post, April, about the time I should have been selling instead of bragging...

I was trickling some out all spring. But not nearly enough, held a lot for the usual early summer time frame. Swallowed my pride and sold a couple times on the way down. Then hauled a lot out last summer on basis contract. Eventually priced in end of October, could have done slightly better later, but was far better than the price while I was hauling it. Built a few more bins, and carried over quite a bit.
                              Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Feb 10, 2023, 22:19.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                                or watched it go up and watched it go down?
                                That was last summer... Thanks for the reminder. I was trying to forget.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...