• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard Red Spring Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minn wheat locked up 60 cents today, fireworks staring will see tomorrow where wheat jumps to. Wheat is finally getting some attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
      Minn wheat locked up 60 cents today, fireworks staring will see tomorrow where wheat jumps to. Wheat is finally getting some attention.
      Rain causing delays with corn and wheat planting/seeding in USA and NB/se sask.
      Could be a lot of corn/wheat acres switched to beans and some not planted at all.
      Also hot, windy and dry through most of the USA winter wheat areas.

I was thinking canola had a shot at $30, but the high may b in and past??

Comment

Sounds odd, but there's almost as much stress watching this year's markets as there is in a down year.

Comment

The stress is the potential of everything being a great year or disaster

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
            Could not agree more , like being on a knifes edge right now
            Last edited by furrowtickler; May 12, 2022, 15:06.

Comment

Might get my $20 for the last bin. Fun times average will be good

Comment

Wheat on the move again, up $.47 this morning. Looks like market is starting to price in Ukraine war and drought conditions in the US.

Comment

Wheat on the move again, up $.47 this morning. Looks like market is starting to price in Ukraine war and drought conditions in the US.
                  And drought conditions in Canada, and Argentina and Southern Brazil, and Europe and China, and now into Russia and FSU.

Comment

I'm not going to get greedy and sell incrementally on the way up. Learned last year on the fall from $17.25 to $11. Time to sell that carryover at least.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                      Looks like that’s the way it turned out for many
                      Not much in between. We ended up on that knifes edge , literally. Great crops just miles one way and drought hit crops just miles the other way .

Comment

Well, on Friday, 1RS 13.5 was around $12 locally, depending on the elevator. Feed mill put out a $12.40 for wheat over 58 lbs. 🤯

Comment

Originally posted by zeefarmer View Post
                          Well, on Friday, 1RS 13.5 was around $12 locally, depending on the elevator. Feed mill put out a $12.40 for wheat over 58 lbs. 🤯
                          What is the feed barley price then?

Comment

Probably could get $8.25-8.35 FOB. Feed mill uses mostly wheat and a little corn. SW Sask close to #1

Comment

whats the take on wheat. war in ukraine continues, russia still throwing bodies at the occupation. wheat continues to flow hard out of there from what i've heard, shipping open and free for now so russia can make a few bucks to support the cause i bet. I'm expecting at some point the taps will be shut off when a new major offensive is started or they run out of grain or some other disruption happens and wheat futures will pop back up.

but i'm just a fencepost in a field, forecasting in a fury of chaotic world political events and market manipulation

Comment

Originally posted by Marusko View Post
                                whats the take on wheat. war in ukraine continues, russia still throwing bodies at the occupation. wheat continues to flow hard out of there from what i've heard, shipping open and free for now so russia can make a few bucks to support the cause i bet. I'm expecting at some point the taps will be shut off when a new major offensive is started or they run out of grain or some other disruption happens and wheat futures will pop back up.

but i'm just a fencepost in a field, forecasting in a fury of chaotic world political events and market manipulation
                                Have been wondering the same thing

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...