• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last of the 7 H series so yea has that.

New undercarriage from pads to rollers to rail.

Motor 500 hrs uses no oil so far.

New rad at the same time and water pump.

I was happy with what I see so far.

thanks for the heads up.

Comment

further south of Regina the less snow. Moosejaw river looks up but Wascana creek really isn't going yet. The melt is slower and it did rain a bit today!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
        Waiting for highs above two. Waiting to see a bare patch at the north end of the home quarter which peeks out first. Four foot unused gates barely visible, four foot fence is hit and miss visible.

With the forecast though, it’s going to take a while. So odd that in a province without much for physical features, things can be so different within a couple hours drive…
        The backroads still well plugged ..

This is actually a grid they tried to keep open till about 3 weeks ago then gave up

A few bare spots showing up and just off grid roads but with cool temps again till next week it will be a while yet here . Far less 5-6 miles south and still full snow 15-20 miles north ..

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post

I wish our speed limit was 80mph.

Comment

I have a rule of thumb for travel if the speed is 50 I go 60 if it’s 70 I go 80 and 80 I travel 90 never get stopped. Go over and watch they pick you out fast

Comment

I have a rule of thumb for travel if the speed is 50 I go 60 if it’s 70 I go 80 and 80 I travel 90 never get stopped. Go over and watch they pick you out fast
              My neighbor and then landlord thought you will never get stopped if you leave the bar before 8 pm, but then he hit a train and drug him a mile. Good thing his Ford fell off close to home and he didn't have far to crawl home.

Comment

So in Ukraine, they are predicting they will seed 17 mil acres and not the usual 37 mil that's a bit of a drop and i really don't think 17 will be achievable. Would you go seed if you knew the russians crossed your fields (landmines)

Comment

Wild snowstorm last night brought another couple inches. Now there is no forecast high above zero until next Friday. A bunch of snow in early week.

And then measly plus twos, threes and fours, up to April 8. Even for here that is deplorable.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
                    I wish our speed limit was 80mph.
                    Hell you would launch yourself into space on our roads.

Comment

Would you go seed if you knew the russians crossed your fields (landmines)
                      $25 canola nothing would stop me. I would just put her on autosteer and jump off, drive to the other end of the field and turn it around.

Comment

Starlink is up and running and I am sold average is 158 download all day did get to 206 for a while Xplornet was 11

Comment

Starlink is up and running and I am sold average is 158 download all day did get to 206 for a while Xplornet was 11
                          I am holding off till i see how it performs on low cloud or moderate to heavy rain. Keep us posted on how you like it. Thanks Saskfarmer
                          Last edited by twocentsworth; Mar 25, 2022, 15:43.

Comment

family member received their starlink a couple months ago-mine still waiting shipment even though we applied within a few hours and live a mile apart, and I applied first he's happy as hell through wind storms and various continuous NE sask blizzards. I'm really looking forward to it.

Comment

Nice Kitty Kat SF👍
                              Ours just got parked as it’s in need of some TLC. The equalizer bar bushings are pooched and it’s shoes are shot so I see some back breaking labour in my nearby future. 😉

Loaded out most of the canola and sold the last couple loads to be picked next week. Glad to see come out of the bins fine and be gone.

We were vaccinating and branding our bred heifers today away from home and the 20 lb bottle was freezing up so I had to keep it on top of the pot. At home we use a pig so it’s not an issue. A great crew makes a challenging day go a lot better.

Had a heifer calve while we we working them but it was premature and only lasted a few hours. Hopefully the rest go better. A little over two weeks till the mayhem starts here. Still trying to get a calving shed put up to make life easier.

The fields are starting to get a little soft.
                              The cows are out cleaning up the last field of stalks and I’m supplementing about a 1/3 of their diet with silage. Our yearlings will be moved to their last field of corn shortly which is going further than we expected.
                              My wife’s birthday present came in the mail the other day. Each letter is the beginning of a family member’s name. Won’t be an issue remembering the plate from now on🍀

Life is pretty good🍻

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                                $25 canola nothing would stop me. I would just put her on autosteer and jump off, drive to the other end of the field and turn it around.
                                $26 april even better

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...