• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bricks and Mortar

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
    All those people making mortgage payments on a house that they bought for 400k and now ballooned up to 800k on their balance sheets probably think Justin Treudau is making them wealthy.
    Just wondering if the same could be said about farmland, or are these current values justified with regard to commodity prices?

Also heard beef prices in the store up 12% from last year. Does seem to be on the low side from what the stores are selling it for currently.

Question to the cattle guys on here, have you received a 12% increase on what you receive year over year at the markets?

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
      Just wondering if the same could be said about farmland, or are these current values justified with regard to commodity prices?

Also heard beef prices in the store up 12% from last year. Does seem to be on the low side from what the stores are selling it for currently.

Question to the cattle guys on here, have you received a 12% increase on what you receive year over year at the markets?
      More than twelve % for me.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
        Average home price in Canada increased 20% to $816,000.00 from Feb 2021 to Feb 2022, according to CREA.
        So the average value of a house in Canada seems to be fairly close to the average value of a quarter of land in central alberta, and it seems to me that that has held true for about as long as I can remember.
        Does that correlation seem reasonable to anyone else? What about going back before my time?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          So the average value of a house in Canada seems to be fairly close to the average value of a quarter of land in central alberta, and it seems to me that that has held true for about as long as I can remember.
          Does that correlation seem reasonable to anyone else? What about going back before my time?
          The US Fed is holding a 8.9 Trillion Dollar Balance Sheet.

And the Fed thinks that they can stop inflation?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...