• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bricks and Mortar

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricks and Mortar

Average home price in Canada increased 20% to $816,000.00 from Feb 2021 to Feb 2022, according to CREA.

Real estate is still one of the best investments going.

Farmland increase 8% which is still a great return.

What would you invest in if you had $5-10 million kicking around?

Dirt ,
    housing will crash with inflation decimating the middle class income now .

Comment

That's part of the problem or not 15-20% homes bought on speculation and quite a few have made a living just flipping houses every year. So when it goes south it will likely go south fast. I think the Air B AND B thing has maxed out and hotel chains are going to fight back. Amazing how much people pay for them with no services really and poor security. Lots of highly overrated ones out there pumped up by made up reviews.

Comment

Sheep!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
          Sheep!
          Gutfield had a classic on Fox last night…

Biden… pounding his podium…. Shouting “I am not causing inflation with Spending 1.9T$”

With the world virtually doubling the amount of currency globally in 2 -3 years… why would not a reasonable person expect virtually every capital asset to double in value as well. Like there are only about 1400 books written on this in the last century…

Comment

Sheep!
            Sheep aren't much good unless you have a place to put them. What do you recommend to the average city dweller?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              Sheep aren't much good unless you have a place to put them. What do you recommend to the average city dweller?
              Sheep. Seriously. Can you buy a bred cow and have her produce three or four times her purchase price in eight months?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                Yeah the city dweller thing I get. Not many with a lot of land.

Maybe pigeons? Whoops, the pigeon king tried that one! Lol

Comment

Sheep. Seriously. Can you buy a bred cow and have her produce three or four times her purchase price in eight months?
                  I’m trying. Looking for another hundred or so open ewes now, got 100 ewe lambs coming in the fall already, should get me to 600

Comment

I would watch Canadian banks for a dip in stock price and buy them with some of the money as they could have a dividend payment between 4-7%. It's just a safe bet with no work involved.

I wouldn't buy any property in the USA as when it came to sell Uncle Sam would take a huge chunk as they are going to go hard taxing foreigners.

Buying vacant land with potential of development in years to come could work out okay as housing shortages seems to be a problem as of late. Lots of immigrants moving into Canada who need a place to live.

Never thought of sheep, don't see a lot of return on them just because they do a bit better than cattle which are in no way a huge money maker. So that's not much of a comparison to begin with. Besides had enough looking after animals 365 days a year.

Not dissing the cow calf guys on here but I just know they only pay you a fraction of what you should be paid for all your work and investment.

Just my thoughts on investing 5-10 million.

Comment

We Need to get back to 5 to 6% mortgages without that housing prices keep going up and up, yes there will be pain that’s the only real solution to fight inflation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                        We Need to get back to 5 to 6% mortgages without that housing prices keep going up and up, yes there will be pain that’s the only real solution to fight inflation.
                        Wait a couple of weeks. My daughter has her house on the market and when it sells, she and her husband will build on my land and start their sheep farm. So far, they've been offered 150% over what she paid 1.5 years ago. The world's gone mad.

Comment

Originally posted by farmboy1 View Post
                          Wait a couple of weeks. My daughter has her house on the market and when it sells, she and her husband will build on my land and start their sheep farm. So far, they've been offered 150% over what she paid 1.5 years ago. The world's gone mad.
                          Great timing IMO 👍

Something is going to give big time shortly
                          People have to eat , have to drive to work ... but don’t need the payments on an $800,000 house that’s worth $350,000 .

Comment

All those people making mortgage payments on a house that they bought for 400k and now ballooned up to 800k on their balance sheets probably think Justin Treudau is making them wealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                              Gutfield had a classic on Fox last night…

Biden… pounding his podium…. Shouting “I am not causing inflation with Spending 1.9T$”

With the world virtually doubling the amount of currency globally in 2 -3 years… why would not a reasonable person expect virtually every capital asset to double in value as well. Like there are only about 1400 books written on this in the last century…
                              Yes each individual political leader in each country says I did nothing to cause inflation. But their collective monetary printing combined with their policies of suppressing exploration and development of oil and gas with their ESG investment policies have lit an inflation fire that will be hard to put out.

As an answer to Forage’s question, that is tough in today’s environment. I have a tendency to lean towards farmland but in my area of late it’s value is reaching heights I can’t relate to or believe that land can continue to inflate at this rate. If interest rates go up to where they need to land and housing could take a temporary dip, just an opinion. Recent land auction in the Bentley area saw 7 quarters sell with prices ranging from $1.2 million to $1.8 million per quarter. Not development land near a city, just farmland.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...