• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inflation’s Collapse

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
    The slowdown in consumer spending right now is amazing. This is already a deep recession. It will take the government 6 months to figure this out and central bankers . . . good grief!

But retailers are already sensing this storm and in-preparation. There will be layoffs as consumer spending is now in stall mode.

Academia decision makers can't match the speed or react correctly to avoid this fallout. And the brunt of this economic storm is apt to hit in 2023 (in my view). Inflation will be in real trouble, long before then. Big discounts ahead.

Apologies for sounding so pissy right now, but this fallout can be seen from a mile away . . . and the damage is already done from poor central bank policy creating this mess . . . .
    Your right , and that is a direct result of the runaway inflation that is decimating the average persons income

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Canada has had wide open immigration for 20 yrs and it has done nothing to stop the slide.

New immigrants land in our big over priced cities, start living multiple generations and multiple jobs to keep up with our insane inflation rate, over regulation and poor productivity. They have no time or resources to upgrade themselves and fall into the service sector and stay there.

Then they stop having kids as soon as they start tallying up the costs to educate them. You see many new immigrants with more than 2 kids.

The costs in Canada and our govt run by childish fools is our biggest impediment.
      Exactly Sir. How many immigrants here with good educations and potential to fill highly skilled job vacancies but their qualifications aren’t equivalent and process to get to equivalency not worth it so they drive cab or sell furniture at the brick. There are lots of philipinos here and I’ve met lots with good educations and work experience from back home working in kfc.

Comment

Comment

There are still people seeding around here.
          There are fields with no emergence yet.
          Mine are only partial emergence, very uneven due to moisture (nothing in the wet spots, it won’t dry).
          Purchases are on a must have basis only. Food and fuel and critical repairs. Everything else is being pushed off.
          If we get an early fall/winter it will be extremely painful for many.
          Lucky to have $9 nat gas here and oilfield activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
            There are still people seeding around here.
            There are fields with no emergence yet.
            Mine are only partial emergence, very uneven due to moisture (nothing in the wet spots, it won’t dry).
            Purchases are on a must have basis only. Food and fuel and critical repairs. Everything else is being pushed off.
            If we get an early fall/winter it will be extremely painful for many.
            Lucky to have $9 nat gas here and oilfield activity.
            Been there, done that enough times that I can empathize. Can you remind me again where you are at? Peace country somewhere correct?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              Been there, done that enough times that I can empathize. Can you remind me again where you are at? Peace country somewhere correct?
              Western Peace, NW of GP

Regarding people wanting to work, was looking for unskilled bodies to fill a pair of coveralls for $450/day, camp provided. Zero local applicants. Closest I got was a guy from southern SK and a guy from southern BC.
              The BC guy quit as soon as he banked enough hours to qualify for EI.
              Last edited by Taiga; Jun 11, 2022, 15:29.

Comment

My Prediction : Putin is having severe medical issues. Pretty soon he’ll be Putin a box. Oila down with Putsky.

Comment

I’m hoping we don’t start talking about the “Putin price hike” Biden likes that talk, he really should be embarrassed even mentioning this. .

Comment

Don’t need any central bankers to battle inflation. Just kill the market and throttle credit . . . Presto!

Comment

Banks will squeal big-time. Their shareholders like it much better when they are pumping free money and collecting the spread.

Comment

Housing correction/ swoon/ crash underway. Some real estate markets already reported down 20 per cent or more. This housing fallout could rival 2008.

Fed is totally out-of-step. Talk of 1/2 to 3/4 percent further hike ASAP with consumer now throwing in-the-towel. Now more bizarre talk from Yellen that U.S. Congress should allow the Fed to buy stocks as a rescue plan.

Folks, we are heading into serious financial turmoil and heavy deflationary pressures with this stoned leadership of Peter pays Paul . . . .

Comment

well , hey, wait now............
                          who in **** in their right mind could make any sense outta buying a $1.6M knockdown on a small lot in hongcouver???????
                          this is exactly what is needed
                          farmland will never go down either ...............*****

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                            What get me is the labour shortages.

Every business in saskatoon is looking, advertising, hiring. Every where i look the usa, china, europe there are labour and manufacturing labour shortages.
                            Did global population growth stop?
                            Or demographics where every one globally retired, died, etc?

Every one needs labour, businesses must pay and compete to buy labour or close shop. Wages will go higher, housing will still be in demand, quality of life goes up, debt goes up, inflation will stay up, slowing very slowly.

It aint over yet
                            This billboard speaks a “billion” words …

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                              Western Peace, NW of GP

Regarding people wanting to work, was looking for unskilled bodies to fill a pair of coveralls for $450/day, camp provided. Zero local applicants. Closest I got was a guy from southern SK and a guy from southern BC.
                              The BC guy quit as soon as he banked enough hours to qualify for EI.
                              I thought you don't get EI if you quit a job. Only if you're laid off.

Comment

I am surprised McDonald’s isn’t fully automated yet. That assembly line ‘food’ is perfect match for this.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...