• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attn CHUCK , Carbon tax on heating in a frozen land

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attn CHUCK , Carbon tax on heating in a frozen land

Here you go CHUCK
    Put your money where your mouth isClick image for larger version

Name:	B21BC1CF-A6E8-4153-9E91-8F7D0B63F7DD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	780224
    Last edited by Guest; Feb 18, 2022, 09:29.

post your pics of carbon tax everyone , please
    april fools coming soon
    Last edited by Guest; Feb 18, 2022, 09:33.

Comment

Antique phone won't get pic to site.
      $2.10259/GJ
      $68.85 last month.
      Roughly half again on top of the gas.

Comment

$49.98 carbon tax on NG for Dec. No garage just old bungalow.

Looked at the gauge on the propane yesterday for the shop. Likely make the winter on one fill. $164.10 carbon tax for the winter.

Comment

wonder if anyone knows how to compare cost of carbon tax on NG per BTU versus cost of carbon tax on propane per BTU
          I have no idea but bet its way cheaper on propane(quebec) compared to NG (western canada) ?

Comment

So here it is. 379.224 cubic meters of actual gas used from Nov 22 - Dec 22, 2021. House and shop. Carbon tax $.0783 / cubic meter

A whopping $31.17 in carbon tax GST Included for December!

2830.63 cubic meters of gas over the whole year for a total of $221.63 in carbon tax.

Now pay up CASE because you lost the bet!

Just like you didn't believe you could release your air brakes with a 3/4 inch wrench? You lost that battle too. LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-18 114445.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	773126

Comment

Not sure there was a declared loser on the air brake question. I'd have to go look myself. Never compressed a spring in 40 years. Playing with a bomb if you don't know. Mechanics these days don't even do it. Just R&R the whole pot.

Now, I'm just calculating how long to pay for a $20,000+ green array at $30/ month. Or $100 for that matter.

Comment

thanks chuck , are you heating with NG or electric ?
                if you are that is really really good !
                i remember your electricity was sky high at one time , thats why wondering if you have electric heat
                you cannot "cage" an air brake with a 3/4" wrench , has to be a deep socket , just to be clear, lol

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  thanks chuck , are you heating with NG or electric ?
                  if you are that is really really good !
                  i remember your electricity was sky high at one time , thats why wondering if you have electric heat
                  you cannot "cage" an air brake with a 3/4" wrench , has to be a deep socket , just to be clear, lol
                  Yes Gas. Lots of insulation and lots of south facing windows. And a high efficiency furnace and boiler. There is a lot of heat in a southern sun even in Febrauary.

And yes you can slip a boxend or ratchet wrench over the caging tool and compress the spring. Perhaps you haven's done this before? I hadn't either untill about 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                    Not sure there was a declared loser on the air brake question. I'd have to go look myself. Never compressed a spring in 40 years. Playing with a bomb if you don't know. Mechanics these days don't even do it. Just R&R the whole pot.

Now, I'm just calculating how long to pay for a $20,000+ green array at $30/ month. Or $100 for that matter.
                    I have only done it a few times. And you are probably right about the danger. Don't put your head anywhere near the pot.

Every time your supply line fills up isn't the air compressing the spring? So if they are going to blow apart they will likely do it then.

Comment

Fair enough you win this bet ,but
                      If you have to do it again
                      Just back the brakes off with a 9/16 or half inch
                      Way faster and safer plus you can set your brakes if need be at the same time

Comment

Back to carbon tax amounts on heating
                        Anyone ?

Comment

93.05 carbon tax with gst on our house for January in rural Sask We have an older furnace and gas water heater. Just two of us in house.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            So here it is. 379.224 cubic meters of actual gas used from Nov 22 - Dec 22, 2021. House and shop. Carbon tax $.0783 / cubic meter

A whopping $31.17 in carbon tax GST Included for December!

2830.63 cubic meters of gas over the whole year for a total of $221.63 in carbon tax.

Now pay up CASE because you lost the bet!

Just like you didn't believe you could release your air brakes with a 3/4 inch wrench? You lost that battle too. LOL

[ATTACH]10169[/ATTACH]
                            Kinda funny that you are paying carbon tax when you have solar panels.lol

Comment

January 34 gas, 21 C02 tax

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...