• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold out

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold out

Just hit -40, cant imagine what it would be without the carbon tax.

Originally posted by makar View Post
    Just hit -40, cant imagine what it would be without the carbon tax.
    3 weeks of this now is getting old.

Comment

Guys selling batterys will be having a very good Christmas. A bearable -27 here with another skiff of snow.

Comment

-36 here. -51 windchill predicted tonight.

But nice bright sun makes it a little easier to take.

Comment

Going through a lot of wood trying to avoid the stupid carbon tax.
          Trees soak up carbon but I have to cut them down and burn them releasing the carbon to avoid the tax that is suppose to lower the amount of carbon released. Not sure that makes sense but thats what we are doing.

Comment

Bloomberg reports this afternoon; numerous Canadian Tesla owners can't get their cars interior cabin temp above -23.5c in the past 2 weeks... speculation it is a 'software' problem... no fix offered by CDN Dealers...contact Tesla head office... who have 'no comment'.

That would really frost you off after just paying close to $100k for a new car!!!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
              Trees soak up carbon but I have to cut them down and burn them releasing the carbon to avoid the tax that is suppose to lower the amount of carbon released. Not sure that makes sense but thats what we are doing.
              If your trying to save the world from CO2 plant fertilizer, then you are obviously doing it wrong.
              You need to do it the same way they are over in Britain and Germany. You need to cut trees down in a different continent using fossil fuel powered machines. Chop it up into little pieces, dry it using fossil fuel natural gas, ship it across the ocean in a fossil fuel powered boat, truck it to a power plant using a fossil fuel powered truck, then burn it in the green renewable power plant.
              Only then is it carbon neutral.
              You probably split it by hand, that definitely doesn't count.
              Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jan 6, 2022, 15:16.

Comment

I had to bring my fire in to warm it up too.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                  Bloomberg reports this afternoon; numerous Canadian Tesla owners can't get their cars interior cabin temp above -23.5c in the past 2 weeks... speculation it is a 'software' problem... no fix offered by CDN Dealers...contact Tesla head office... who have 'no comment'.

That would really frost you off after just paying close to $100k for a new car!!!

Cheers
                  To be fair, my Jeep was struggling to warm the cab on the way to work this morning. Was still warmer than -23 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                    To be fair, my Jeep was struggling to warm the cab on the way to work this morning. Was still warmer than -23 though.
                    Buy a Ford..fantastic heaters.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      If your trying to save the world from CO2 plant fertilizer, then you are obviously doing it wrong.
                      You need to do it the same way they are over in Britain and Germany. You need to cut trees down in a different continent using fossil fuel powered machines. Chop it up into little pieces, dry it using fossil fuel natural gas, ship it across the ocean in a fossil fuel powered boat, truck it to a power plant using a fossil fuel powered truck, then burn it in the green renewable power plant.
                      Only then is it carbon neutral.
                      You probably split it by hand, that definitely doesn't count.
                      CAREFUL....chuck is fact checking...soon REBUTTLE!

To be GREEN it does not need to make Sense/Cents.

Oh and can't live WO seat/steering wheel heaters...

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                        If only the rest of the vehicle would work….

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                          Nah.

The fan motor crapped out today at -37 in my Louisville feed truck today. Had to kick the dog out since the windows were frosting up too much on the inside. Not much fun breezing around with its rusty drafty cab today……………

Next week sounds nicer at least………..🍀
                          Last edited by woodland; Jan 6, 2022, 17:23.

Comment

We use wood as an occasional backup but natural gas to heat our house, shop, water heater, cook top, and gas BBQ.

We used about 2830 cubic meters in 2021. Total gas bill was about $900 including the carbon tax at about $220.

I don't think it would be worth heating our shop and house with wood to avoid the carbon tax of $220 unless you don't put a value on your time and labour.

Plus Trudeau gave us about $800 Climate Action rebate on our taxes in 2020.
                            Last edited by chuckChuck; Jan 6, 2022, 17:41.

Comment

So what’s your plan to heat all your buildings when liberals ban fossil fuels altogether like they want ?
                              Or when they push the price of carbon to $170 or up to $250 like they are claiming ?
                              Just curious as 2030 is coming much faster than replacement for fossil fuels , especially in this Arctic environment we get for up to 3 months .
                              Like was said above by seldom seen , if they are truly concerned about CO2 , burning wood is just as evil if not worse for CO2 emissions.

I still see no plan from the liberals at all for options to heat our homes or even run heavy equipment on the farm , or the vast transportation system that is critical to this country that has one of the coldest environments on earth .

No doubt you have pointed out many times we still need fossil fuels as a base load , but that is not the liberal plan ... at all

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...