• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightmares

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flightmares

Anybody traveling over the holidays?

Sounds like the problems encountered with airline travel make the bad trips of pre covid seem like status quo.

Seriously considering doing tourist type auto based trip.

Even that wouldn't avoid all the issues.

Any reports?

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
    Any reports?
    No personal reports but a couple days driving US interstate to some sunny destination isnt a great alternative. Maybe getting to Vegas or AZ might be tolerable. 4 days to FL though...

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
      Anybody traveling over the holidays?
      Any reports?
      This is today out of Saskatoon...its been a s@itshow all holidays
      West Jet is not the same airline since buyout.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	YXE JAN 03.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	772174

Comment

We have a daughter, son in law and five month old baby that were supposed to fly from Saskatoon to Calgary today. Son in law is supposed to be at work tomorrow morning.
        Flight was canceled this morning, so airline offered to fly them to Winnipeg with an 8 hour layover there then flying them to Calgary!
        They opted to rent a car and drive back instead.
        Last edited by seldomseen; Jan 3, 2022, 12:24.

Comment

The 7am leaves at 545pm.

Might miss your connection?

Been looking at going to same place we always go north of LA. Flights, rental cars, and accommodation that we often book all double price. Must be the 5% inflation.

Hotels that normaly host conventions in that location are 25% cheaper booking direct than on the so called discounter sites like Expidia?

Haven't look a lot but thats what I see so far.

Looks like VRBO types have really pushed the price.

Comment

My boys flew home yesterday flight out of Orlando hour delayed to Toronto. Long line at airport check In because of stupid PCR test. Then in Toronto a shit show. Airport made flight in do check in again after customs.

Then last flight had them arriving in Regina 11:30 they landed at 2:30.

I agree something is wrong at west jet I’m worried.

Air canada last flight a couple weeks ago you get nothing on the flight couldn’t even charge my phone.

Flying has changed

Driving is fun but need to add a week for travel there and back can do on three and three from Regina to Orlando. Deer are out big time

Comment

Didn't used to mind driving. No hurry. Lots to see along the way if you stay off the interstates.

Some days if it's good I only make 200 miles.

Guess I'm a tourist.

Comment

If westjet folds, you can bet air service will suffer in the west big time.

AC will connect everything through TO and 8 hr lay overs will be the norm. There used to be once a month charters from every western city to FL, AZ and NV on a nice big 737. Now its turbo prop to Calgary.

Comment

Our direct Toronto to Roatan with Sunwing in March is now an American Airlines flight with a stop in Miami
                  Prob say to hell with it

Comment

We're booked on Sunwing out of Saskatoon to Maz at the end of January - watching and biting our nails. Initially we booked 2 weeks but bumped it out to 3 weeks just because. With a bit of luck we'll fail the China flu test on the return and be forced to stay in the warm for an extra couple weeks. We would have preferred to drive but the prospect of arriving northbound at Nogales the day that sleepy Joe changes the rules didn't seem like fun. Plus there's no testing to fly into Mexico. Driving is nice because I get my own bed every night but getting in and out of the US is nowhere near what it used to be. The days of "Hi, where ya goin'? Have a nice trip." are long gone. LONG LONG gone.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                      If westjet folds, you can bet air service will suffer in the west big time.

AC will connect everything through TO and 8 hr lay overs will be the norm. There used to be once a month charters from every western city to FL, AZ and NV on a nice big 737. Now its turbo prop to Calgary.
                      This is what they (liberals) want

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        This is what they (liberals) want
                        Correction I just looked back at some of the trips we took out of regina. From November to April there used to be 2 direct flights a week to Vegas, FL and AZ and Mexico. Those were awesome times. Hopefully WJ can rise from the ashes. We know Trudeau would never extend a hand.

Comment

Something about a travel advisory. Travelling now till March is like Russian roulette.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                            Something about a travel advisory. Travelling now till March is like Russian roulette.
                            Cause it's all the dirty people when you leave the land protected by Justin Treudau?

What changes when you cross the border?

Comment

We got on WestJet’s Dreamliner on the 31st down to Mexico, sat at the front. Unbelievable flight and service. Westjet has been struggling since the sellout or takeover but knocked it out of the park on our trip. Lots of staff calling in sick, etc.People wearing masks here but very few cases so far according to our doctor friend. We are north of PV and had thousands of Mexico City tourists here in our little town over the weekend but all gone now. Life is good here again.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...