• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woodland View Post
    Does the hoe have a hyd thumb? We’re adding it to ours and it’s a hassle. Definitely necessary to make it way more useful for cleanup and such.
    I second that. Always easier and cheaper to buy a machine that is set up the way you want it, then to try to add or swap accessories after the fact. I use the Thumb on the track hoe almost all the time. Trees of course, but loading manure can almost double the size of the bucket same with frozen chunks of dirt or peat moss. Moving scrap metal Garbage old buildings etc .
    Same with a cat, if you need a ripper or a winch or hydraulic tilts or angle blade or sweeps / canopy, find a machine that has them to start with.

I tried to figure out who builds the JCB track hoes, since there are only a few manufacturers sold under lots of different paint jobs, but it appears JCB May build their own. That definitely could make parts availability an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      JHC saskfarmer has more construction equipment than my RM does.
      Not a big deal, nothing new Grandfather and Dad had a TD 9 in 1968, our farm was cleaned up and ditched after that in a few years. Way ahead of most farms then, 100% of bigger acres have equipment of all kinds here. Neighbors even have a Volvo Rock truck.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
        Not a big deal, nothing new Grandfather and Dad had a TD 9 in 1968, our farm was cleaned up and ditched after that in a few years. Way ahead of most farms then, 100% of bigger acres have equipment of all kinds here. Neighbors even have a Volvo Rock truck.
        A rock truck is next on my list. Quit abusing the tandem hauling dirt. Still trying to establish if I'm allowed to use it on the road though.

Comment

One more accessory that you definitely don't want to live without on any tracked machine, is the self-cleaning tracks option. Especially at this time of year.

Now if someone would just get busy and invent that it would be much appreciated.

Comment

The 7 has a new under carriage and motor has been done 450 hrs ago. Clean and no leaks crawled all over it.

The Track hoe was new Demo were now going with the Deere 240 it has a thumb and set up like we want.

Off to Manitoba for parts early this morning for our HD 11 1974. Parts are tough to find on these older machines.

Comment

Dad and his brother had a TD9 back when he started and then the 4010 and 4020 had blades that were clean-up tractors the 4010 got used lots I remember as a kid.

Comment

Oh on the Rock truck comment that is something that is a very good investment. Its on our list of things but maybe get the one that is pulled by a 4 wheel drive.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                  My old menonite grandfather who learned to farm in Kansas with horse power used to call it green manure. The roots go down deep into the soil profile and bring up all kinds of nutrients. We don't harvest or haul any of them off the field so they are there for following crops.
                  The difference is they used to "plow" them back in and they decomposed quickly. Now it's just standing there and takes more time. Will decompose but not qualified to say how much immediate benefits that will provide this year crop.

Not recomending tillage.
                  Low carbon plants like volunteer canola should return nutrients quickly. High carbon volunteer cereals will take longer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...