• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the Starter fertilizer is in place.

New to us Crawler should decide today.

New Trackhoe or used should decide today.

The flight changed again thanks to west jet.

The wild boar hunt starts Monday. Well, get the ****er.

No Ammonia price for Christmas yet thanks to no dealer since the completion Bureau turned down the deal last month and now has 3 new buyers just waiting and costing us farmers more every day.

Phoned Australia had a great chat $32.00 that's what friends are for.

Have a great Friday all.

Comment

Where is a good place to buy one of these in Sask or Alberta

Woodland will this work

What’s guys thoughts on JCB

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
        Well, the Starter fertilizer is in place.

New to us Crawler should decide today.

New Trackhoe or used should decide today.

The flight changed again thanks to west jet.

The wild boar hunt starts Monday. Well, get the ****er.

No Ammonia price for Christmas yet thanks to no dealer since the completion Bureau turned down the deal last month and now has 3 new buyers just waiting and costing us farmers more every day.

Phoned Australia had a great chat $32.00 that's what friends are for.

Have a great Friday all.
        Been going through my soil tests last couple days (I’m my own agrologist/agronomist), couldn’t imagine paying one of them after a drought. I’ve had all precision companies come to the farm to try and convince me to sign up, my comment was “if you can make it rain when I need it, where’s the dotted line”.

Anyway soil tests are not bad P is low on some. Least it’s cheaper then N. 🤣🤣
        Thankfully I’ve been pounding the nutrients down when fert was “cheaper”. The calculator needs an extra zero this go around. Lol.
        Funny how my retailer I support the most has the highest prices. Sorry boys it’s like Christmas shopping I’m looking around.
        Usually by now I know exactly what every quarter will get seeded to and fert is bought. I’m so far behind I think I’m ahead.

Comment

I get my soil tests done by a third party then have a program to run scenarios

The hail mary pass throws everything at it is off the table.

The crop insurance model yield is off the table.

somewhere in between will work this year.

Comment

https://www.producer.com/crops/last-seasons-drought-could-cause-unpredictable-soil-n/

With fertilizer prices through the roof and so much of the land in the three prairie provinces having huge levels in them, will fert actually be in shortage situation? Not many farmers need to apply much, and those that do are they going to go all in?
            I hope the above article will open. If not I will past the entire thing on.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
              https://www.producer.com/crops/last-seasons-drought-could-cause-unpredictable-soil-n/

With fertilizer prices through the roof and so much of the land in the three prairie provinces having huge levels in them, will fert actually be in shortage situation? Not many farmers need to apply much, and those that do are they going to go all in?
              I hope the above article will open. If not I will past the entire thing on.
              Very good article on residual N and the Birch effect with the microbe flush.
              The key is the 24 inch soil test. 6 inch test are good for minerals that don't move like P and K and maybe some micros.

The part about the fall regrowth you want to read carefully.

Comment

Start all.

Looks like COMAIRCO in Regina is a Saskatchewan dealer.

Comment

Woodland will this work

Check out Premium Power Packs, I didnt buy one yet but I talked to him at Agritrade and he talked a good game. Small light units easily charged and stay charged.

As for the JCB I don't have experience with their trackhoes but have a skidsteer, heads up is parts prices in NA make ag parts shops like dollar stores and availability is slow. I've gotten parts delivered to my door directly from UK dealer for less than half price. Also used an aftermarket supplier that deals in JCB stuff in Europe that has an Ontario dealer.

Comment

JHC saskfarmer has more construction equipment than my RM does.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                      Very good article on residual N and the Birch effect with the microbe flush.
                      The key is the 24 inch soil test. 6 inch test are good for minerals that don't move like P and K and maybe some micros.

The part about the fall regrowth you want to read carefully.
                      I found this statement interesting, and validating what I have been counting on as well:
                      Heard said in a wet environment regrowth could act as a cover crop and provide some benefits including reducing nitrogen losses to leaching or denitrification.

I'm more concerned about getting the nutrients back eventually, along with some additional organic matter and opportunity for the soil life to thrive.

Comment

My old menonite grandfather who learned to farm in Kansas with horse power used to call it green manure. The roots go down deep into the soil profile and bring up all kinds of nutrients. We don't harvest or haul any of them off the field so they are there for following crops.
                        The difference is they used to "plow" them back in and they decomposed quickly. Now it's just standing there and takes more time. Will decompose but not qualified to say how much immediate benefits that will provide this year crop.

Not recomending tillage.
                        Last edited by shtferbrains; Dec 3, 2021, 11:28.

Comment

Woodland will this work

Totally depends on the machine’s condition when buying that yellow iron. Ours was bought cheap knowing the motor was tired and the undercarriage was almost pooched. All new Cat undercarriage with swapping the pads over was around $50k two years ago. No labour as we did it ourselves. That has a 3306 which is a great common motor. Fits legally on a tridem for easy moves unlike our 8.

Any service records with it? Oil leaks?

JCB………. Don’t know nothing about them. Not sure about parts availability down the road if it’s sticking around a long time?

For me it better say Cat or Deere on it. I can still go get parts for my 3020 or D6C and those machines are wayyyyy older than me. Wreckers are helpful for common machines too. Blew a final drive on our Deere (made by hitachi) hoe and bought a set of used finals from BC for $3k compared to a new one at Brandt for $18k. Now there’s a spare in the shed.

Maybe I’m just bitter after getting burned on parts availability on Dresser (IH) wheel loader years ago.

Happy shopping 🍀

Comment

Pull the transmission dipstick, if its overfull finals are leaking into it, not a deal breaker. Narrow pad is better for farm use. High drives also carry oil in the track frame and like to crack up.
                            Last edited by makar; Dec 3, 2021, 11:45.

Comment

Does the hoe have a hyd thumb? We’re adding it to ours and it’s a hassle. Definitely necessary to make it way more useful for cleanup and such.

Comment

Can't pick anything up with no thumb!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...