• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1600 bushel grain cart

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We start drying in august
    Every year except this last one
    Wouldn’t have it any other way

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
      I have a neco 1680. A little smaller dryer than what you have. Probably 500 bph at 5%. I guess I should utilize it more in early harvest like you say.

I just can’t bring myself to do it unless I absolutely have to. Always say in my head, in three days it will be dry. But I guess that is 3 days of combining!
      And here it rains on day 3... Have 3 days in bin, less bleach/sprout.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
        And here it rains on day 3... Have 3 days in bin, less bleach/sprout.
        Oh don't get me wrong. If rain is in the forecast, wet bins and all trucks get filled. Then spend the next day or two drying after the rain event, and then do it all over again. If we hit a prolonged dry spell, good to go. If it is gonna shower again, we fill the wet bins up again.

Comment

With money you are thinking of spending would a auto GPS tracking grain cart be the answer. Free up labour big time for trucking. Some guys are using these now for a few years so a lot of bugs would likely be out of the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
            With money you are thinking of spending would a auto GPS tracking grain cart be the answer. Free up labour big time for trucking. Some guys are using these now for a few years so a lot of bugs would likely be out of the system.
            Well possibly. I didn't realize that was out on the market already. Thought it was still in the testing stage.

I just see the grain cart driving into a bush on the way back to the gate! lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...