• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markets betting on big crops ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might be big ... feed quality big if the rains continue.
    Wheat is on another rally for some reason. Lock the bins with any high quality stuff.
    Lentils could be getting hurt also.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
      It's not in the bin yet.
      Absolutely. Target is always try to finish by Xmas. We're going into summer so days are getting longer, drier, and hotter. That will last till April actually. Biggest threat to yield loss now is fire so that is small and localized. Harvest bans occasionally. You legally must have a fire fighting unit in the field for every combine and firebreaks maintained around the perimeter. You could still get a freak widespread rain with followup hot humid which downgrades quality PFQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
        I was right and the crop is even better than expected
        Does Neil do yield projections there too ????

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          Does Neil do yield projections there too ????
          Who's Neil. You might be embarrassed when I post the final numbers. I see circle jerk troll liked your post. Cmon ft don't join the circle you're better than that

Comment

Who's Neil. You might be embarrassed when I post the final numbers. I see circle jerk troll liked your post. Cmon ft don't join the circle you're better than that
            Why would I be embarrassed? I could care less , was just pointing out that when they call for huge crops months before harvest , many times they are wrong .
            Western Canada was a perfect example this year .
            Some may get a big crop there , good on them 👍.
            I see a lot of rain in areas again . Hopefully it’s all dries out before quality deteriorates
            I was just passing on info . , let us know when it’s In the bin ..... all of it .
            Being a pretend farmer you should have lots of time to get all the info .

Is binlurkin there too helping ??

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              Why would I be embarrassed? I could care less , was just pointing out that when they call for huge crops months before harvest , many times they are wrong .
              Western Canada was a perfect example this year .
              Some may get a big crop there , good on them 👍.
              I see a lot of rain in areas again . Hopefully it’s all dries out before quality deteriorates
              I was just passing on info . , let us know when it’s In the bin ..... all of it .
              Being a pretend farmer you should have lots of time to get all the info .

Is binlurkin there too helping ??
              Oh you do care, you started the thread after all. And WTF is this bnlurkin thing? Who's Neil by the way

Comment

Now that the administrators have proven that they will actually enforce their own rules, perhaps they will put Austranada and his multiple personalities back in the penalty box again. Not quite clear how he escaped. It certainly wasn't due to the good behavior of his alter ego during his forced absence.

Comment

Yields continue to exceed expectations. We were looking at 20.5 million tonnes in Western Australia. From what I'm seeing we could hit 22

Comment

More rain mid week in the lentil growing areas this week and temps in the low 30’s, saw some twitter pics of canola sprouting in the pods. Challenging for sure.

Comment

Stay tuned
                      Watch this space
                      https://thewest.com.au/business/agriculture/grain-piling-up-in-the-paddock-as-demand-for-trucks-and-drivers-soars-during-was-record-grain-harvest--c-4846955

Same for the country as a whole despite heavy rain in eastern states
                      https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/dec/07/australias-bumper-crop-record-agricultural-production-forecast-to-total-78bn
                      Last edited by Guest; Dec 7, 2021, 01:49.

Comment

I have to ask AStrand where do you actually farm in Australia?

Comment

Yields continue to exceed expectations. We were looking at 20.5 million tonnes in Western Australia. From what I'm seeing we could hit 22
                          Looking good. About 2-3 weeks to go
                          https://www.graincentral.com/news/wa-harvest-continues-to-set-records/

Comment

Good to see a decent crop after the fact
                            It’s unfortunate that some got hit drastically with yeild loss due to that early frost and some lost a lot to severe water damage .
                            Overall, some did very well , but some lost there ass
                            End of the day , point is always for those of us in the game , never ever counts your chickens before they hatch
                            Some of well , some get severe burns
                            But if your have never been solely invested, you never really know

Comment

More proof I was right. Will easily hit 20.5 mt. And we're not done yet

Comment

Yeah aust can is correct. But so sad for the guys that had possibly worst harvest ever. Frost.

Know a guy at a place called salmon gums marginal country has harvested 4 years worth of crop this year.

Canola yields in the stratosphere for some.

Our area in south aust some had worst year in 40.

The breeders trying to work out how to get the temperature tolerant gene out of arctic wheat grass and put in wheat.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...