• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats so sad to see. Another indignity to an terrible season.

Here it appears its just going to cook us right out to end the season. No relief of any kind. Not that it would matter at this point. Regina had a inch of rain last week and you would hardly know it.

Season needs a reset.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	771333

Comment

haven't had a half inch in the swamp since the end of may
      luckily these new high priced canolas don't need water****

Comment

I am hoping for enough rain to grow another 2 weeks to a month of grass.
        I think I can make early September but anything grazed mid june on only has deep rooted alfalfa and maybe some trefoil or cicer.Grass is producing very little regrowth. More leftover than new growth.
        Last yr had at least 1/3 carry over when water froze up with maybe best grass ever.
        This yr no banked at early sept.

Comment

Crops are taking it in the chin again in this heat. Walked out into the barley, lots of empty heads.
          Walked out into the canola 75% blank pods.
          Walked into the shop way too hot to work on the combines.
          Walked home to enjoy the A/C and a cold beer.
          Can’t wait to clean up this dismal crop and get on with winter.

Comment

Cutting dried slough bottoms we used to farm. Get the cattails off and work them ready for spring. Not much moisture left in the sub now and it’ll maybe be those sloughs are all that’ll grow next year. I’ve seen it like this before and am old enough to remember what worked. Any of these experts today if not old enough would have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
              Crops are taking it in the chin again in this heat. Walked out into the barley, lots of empty heads.
              Yes and back to the reef finally

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                The way the world is now a sailboat might be the way to go. I’m not a sea type, but in order to travel the world it might be a great option.
                You might be interested in some of this fellows experiences.

https://sailpatience.com/
                Friend of mine bought one a couple of years ago. The picked it up in Figi or somewhere down in the South Pacific.I saw her last winter and they had been sailing around in the South Pacific full time.
                Said they loved it. She for sure had a deep water tan.
                Maybe to adventurous for me.
                Watched to many movies about storms,huge fish, and pirates,and nar do well hustlers.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                  Ya was getting a bit hard too watch
                  Very happy just to leave and do some hiking and site seeing in Banff / Lake Louise area
                  Agnes Lake was a good climb but well worth it

Was a needed mental break

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Ya was getting a bit hard too watch
                    Very happy just to leave and do some hiking and site seeing in Banff / Lake Louise area
                    Agnes Lake was a good climb but well worth it

Was a needed mental break
                    there's a trout in there with your name on it ...

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
                      there's a trout in there with your name on it ...
                      I should have looked into that , but was taking in scenery and trying to catch my breath from the climb lol

Comment

A 100% hail would be welcomed here. But don’t get more than a half assed dew.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                          A 100% hail would be welcomed here. But don’t get more than a half assed dew.
                          Ya not looking forward to going home tomorrow, but it is what it is now . Take our lumps yet again and hopefully have a smooth harvest of whatever is there .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            Ya not looking forward to going home tomorrow, but it is what it is now . Take our lumps yet again and hopefully have a smooth harvest of whatever is there .
                            So optimistic...you know full well mother nature is not done punishing us yet. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                              I’m on your way, feel free to drop a line. Maybe share a story or two about fishing on Murray lake.
                              If you come home via hwy 11, you are welcome to stop in here too, about 1/2 hour SE of Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                                So optimistic...you know full well mother nature is not done punishing us yet. lol.
                                Ya like 2002 , was a drought early harvest ..... then it was not for two months. Finished in the snow in November. Hopefully not this year , that would be disastrous. None of us need that crap after a year like this already

Ahhh farming is so easy 🥸

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...