• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toger Lilies have started blooming here, a full 3 weeks early. What do you make of that?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Canola not waiting for a rain. This will be bolting inside of 10d I expect. Sure could use a shot.

Invigour L345PC seeded at 5.5lbs per acre with antique BG5710 into unharrowed foot tall durum stubble.
      No spring glyphosate preburn, just 1.62L heavy rate Liberty + Centurion plus Golden Harvest Micro bundle.

[ATTACH]8134[/ATTACH]
      jazz just THINK of the crop you could have had with a $500,000 drill! Not 10 cents 5710 like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
        Toger Lilies have started blooming here, a full 3 weeks early. What do you make of that?
        Climate change. Check yer inbox, dude.

Comment

Check your inbox sheep dude.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            canola on lentil stubble looks patchy , could it by solo residual????
            That and no moisture on the hills.

Comment

Dry land canola is turning blue. Forecast shows 5 of next 7 days over 30 degrees.

Comment

The farm cheque books will be closing due to a outbreak of common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
                  The farm cheque books will be closing due to a outbreak of common sense.
                  Kinda wish I could get back some of the money I allready spent. It seemed like common sense when I spent it. Still hoping for the canola but some of the cereals have gone from COMBINE mode to DISKBINE because the hay crop don't look so good.

Comment

Those are some nice looking canola fields, good jog guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                      Awesome stand Caseih, I have a field of P506l, have you tried it? Two questions what do you use for a seed drill and what do you do for pre seeding soil preparation?
                      just an old 16 yr old mxim 2 with 1.5" atom jet side band double shoot
                      have gone as high as 200 lbs product with canola
                      300 with cereals , all at seeding
                      but in canola we try to put 85lbs NH3 and float 150 lbs fines in fall plus 25-37-0-0 through the drill , 3/4 " from seed , none directly with seed
                      this looks better than normal as we worked up 1000 ac from hail last summer
                      was stressful watching it try to blow this spring , but sure grows good
                      FWIW, I will never leave land exposed again , some here that were in the same boat , harrowed this spring and have a wind blown mess, sickening site
                      we have 501, 506, 502 & 508, all looks excellent
                      even that shrivelled up BASF (A) shit at 42 lbs a bag looks good , works out to $16.50/lb for 255 L , pod shatter. they will never **** me again with those half full bags , what a *** joke.
                      pioneer seed was all very good quality , 5.7-6.2 TKW and $4 a pound cheaper
                      and brevant , well , it didn't grow at all!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ALBERTAFARMER4 View Post
                        Dry land canola is turning blue. Forecast shows 5 of next 7 days over 30 degrees.
                        Where approximately are you at? Southern Alberta somewhere.

Comment

-5 NE of NB yesterday morning

Comment

and brevant , well , it didn't grow at all!!!

Interesting. Last year great. This year slow, but so are a lot of fields here.

Comment

Random frost here. Will lose a few hollows. Pretilled hollows fine. It was that close

Click image for larger version

Name:	Foze.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	771222

Click image for larger version

Name:	Foze 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	771223

Comment

Looks to be wide spread frost.