• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally caught up spraying. Up early get 2 to 3 quarters then a hurricane wind all day till about 11 at night. Not fun.

Today clean the sprayer and switch to wheat, yes had to go with a different plan than I was going to use but plants are growing too fast, spray if I can because it might rain. HAHAHAH

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      Finally caught up spraying. Up early get 2 to 3 quarters then a hurricane wind all day till about 11 at night. Not fun.

Today clean the sprayer and switch to wheat, yes had to go with a different plan than I was going to use but plants are growing too fast, spray if I can because it might rain. HAHAHAH
      I think a lot of plans got changed , 5 days of straight wind , now calm but showers around
      Its stop , go , stop , go ... wait , watch a shitty radar , watch clouds then try again LOL

Peak growing season as crops are growing nearly 24/7 . A lot changes even within a few days eh ?
      Good thing the crops are trying to make up time just makes it a challenge for weed control as well .

Comment

This morning great example
        Radar shows rain , but nothing happening
        Yesterday radar showed nothing but showers off and on most of the day
        Makes farming easy 🙄

Comment

I went out early this morning got a section of liberty and centurion second app. Nice crop on the heavy ground. Have another section to spray before I switch to wheat and the radar showed a system coming at us and the wind picked up.

Sat and did other things spit on and off.

Wasted a afternoon not spraying because of shitty radar. Seems yellow is rain green is piss all and red and purple is take cover.

Fun times.

Comment

Winds starting to come up again and this time from the North to the south.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
              Winds starting to come up again and this time from the North to the south.
              Going to bring in cool air
              Plus 5 here
              Hopefully not cooler tomorrow

This wind map shows the set up tonight
              Should be ok but ...

We were Center of that last trough that brought T storms and hail in area last week

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                [ATTACH]8117[/ATTACH]
                Good old P501L
                Awesome stand Caseih, I have a field of P506l, have you tried it? Two questions what do you use for a seed drill and what do you do for pre seeding soil preparation?

Comment

2nd pass on brevant 3158 CM.

Comment

Found a section of Dekalb not bad

Comment

Which number of Dekalb?
                      We have 99sc that's looks awesome.

Comment

Canola not waiting for a rain. This will be bolting inside of 10d I expect. Sure could use a shot.

Invigour L345PC seeded at 5.5lbs per acre with antique BG5710 into unharrowed foot tall durum stubble.
                        No spring glyphosate preburn, just 1.62L heavy rate Liberty + Centurion plus Golden Harvest Micro bundle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	canola.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	771220

Comment

Pretty snazzy Jazzy😂

Comment

Do you think 15 will cover your costs ? It is looking pretty iffy around here. Lots of problems bugs frost wind and drought.

Comment

Lots of very poor canola around here.
                              Canola on canola looking like half a crop so far...
                              Neighbors going to need a high price to break even.

Comment

canola on lentil stubble looks patchy , could it by solo residual????

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...