• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Market Bubbles: How Many Boats are We On?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its all putins fault.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220519-121740_CEOca.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	773395

Comment

Maybe Evraz and Versatile tractors?

Comment

Group, believe we are heading for a fairly serious recession. Stock markets now clearly in bear country. Buy the dippers may get washed out as frustration mounts for investors. My opinion . . . . .

Comment

Here we go . . . . If you have cash on the sidelines to purchase as property STRATEGY Wait,

U.S. new home sales plunged in April, down a massive 27%. A quickly souring economy and heavy investor losses recently in the stock market are blamed for the sudden plunge in new home demand. Builders may come under stress despite so-called housing shortage.

Overpriced real estate may get a whole lot cheaper over the next 1 to 2 years . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
            Here we go . . . . If you have cash on the sidelines to purchase as property STRATEGY Wait,

U.S. new home sales plunged in April, down a massive 27%. A quickly souring economy and heavy investor losses recently in the stock market are blamed for the sudden plunge in new home demand. Builders may come under stress despite so-called housing shortage.

Overpriced real estate may get a whole lot cheaper over the next 1 to 2 years . . . .

It's all russia's fault

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post

Said that housing would be the first to go down after useless stocks .
              When middle class disposable income disappears this was inevitable. Same will happen here besides the hype recently.
              The average person is running out of money . Inflation is the absolute killer for the middle class and the economy. For the lower class , poverty is is bad for sure as well but what kills the economy is the middle class without money .
              Sad part is Biden , Trudeau and their supporters are cheerleaders behind it all
              Last edited by furrowtickler; May 25, 2022, 12:57.

Comment

Lumber futures in a big slide.. That alone will make new houses more affordable. Although I'm not sure what percent of the cost of a new house in lumber.

Comment

Basically I'm trying hard not to buy a damn thing for as long as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                    Basically I'm trying hard not to buy a damn thing for as long as I can.
                    And That is exactly the reason why all markets swing way further than they should each direction every time.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      And That is exactly the reason why all markets swing way further than they should each direction every time.
                      Risk, never has our risks been more!

Reward, if we manage our risks effectively, the opportunities for the rewards [we can earn] are exponentially greater than before the pandemic. Double the opportunity!

Got a quote on hay/machine shed. Surprisingly when lumber drops in half... the cost drops by perhaps 7-10%... but need to wait till inventories clear... UFA special 50x100x18 galvalume open one end hayshed=$95,810 was $110,560 built.
                      Last edited by TOM4CWB; May 25, 2022, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post

Reward, if we manage our risks effectively, the opportunities for the rewards [we can earn] are exponentially greater than before the pandemic. Double the opportunity!

Got a quote on hay/machine shed. Surprisingly when lumber drops in half... the cost drops by perhaps 7-10%... but need to wait till inventories clear... UFA special 50x100x18 galvalume open one end hayshed=$95,810 was $110,560 built.

Was told the side lean too was $20k-someting more...
                        Last edited by TOM4CWB; May 25, 2022, 19:41.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post

Rewards always seem just out reach.
                          Never count a nickel till it’s in your pocket
                          Last edited by furrowtickler; May 26, 2022, 06:09.

Comment

Like serious question, if next year all the prices are where they are at now or higher, are we just going to plow ahead and do the same thing all over again.

This is not a comfortable year at all. Even with higher grain prices. All prices are 2 standard deviations out of their mean.

Comment

I think people will wait untill after harvest to make next year decisions, kick the can until then. Its about cash flow.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                                Rewards always seem just out reach.
                                Never count a nickel till it’s in your pocket
                                I’m pinching that nickel so hard these days that I’m making the beaver squeal haha.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.