• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Market Bubbles: How Many Boats are We On?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwab
    Could Russia be the new “land of opportunity” ?
    Lower costs have propelled Russia while gaining massive influence in global grain markets. Black Sea wheat is now the dominant force.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
      Lower costs have propelled Russia while gaining massive influence in global grain markets. Black Sea wheat is now the dominant force.
      But Errol we ve heard that for years. And
      It may be a factor for sure but let’s face it
      As bad as our system is it’s not where near as
      Corrupt as Russia. And that’s what has been
      Holding them back. Good land cheap labor yes
      But the people watching what you do every
      Move has a large effect on what is what.
      Obviously the drought here and rhe USA has. Had
      A profound effect on prices. We ve been
      Conned and screwed over for years here by
      The sentiment what we grow doesn’t matter
      When it’s the opposite.
      Putin is not the favorite person other countries
      Like to deal
      With.

Comment

Also reminds me of a conversation with our
        Local conservative MP. When asked why a few years back
        They destroyed rhe ag programs rhe reply was
        Ukraine and Russia will dominate the market anyway
        That was quite a while back already. Yes they will dominate
        When our govs give up on certain industries. It’s
        The way the world works whether people like it
        Or not.

Comment

If you have the right job, it doesn't matter what happens in the real world:

"Government bureaucrats growing as job losses hit ordinary Canadians"

"There have been 257,400 government jobs added during the pandemic, including an extra 107,700 “public administration” employees added since February 2020.

There are 256,500 fewer jobs outside of government (private sector plus self-employed) than pre-pandemic.

There were 312,825 federal government employees who received at least one pay raise during the pandemic, according to an access to information request obtained by the CTF."

How soon until the Bastille hears the howl of the masses?

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
            If you have the right job, it doesn't matter what happens in the real world:

"Government bureaucrats growing as job losses hit ordinary Canadians"

"There have been 257,400 government jobs added during the pandemic, including an extra 107,700 “public administration” employees added since February 2020.

There are 256,500 fewer jobs outside of government (private sector plus self-employed) than pre-pandemic.

There were 312,825 federal government employees who received at least one pay raise during the pandemic, according to an access to information request obtained by the CTF."

How soon until the Bastille hears the howl of the masses?
            Zero jobs there that create wealth but is just recirculated money. Great way to collapse a national economy.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              Zero jobs there that create wealth but is just recirculated money. Great way to collapse a national economy.
              Recirculated money on which the ink is barely dry as it flies off the printer.

What we see is an entire artificial economy created of non-productive jobs paid with fake money. And not only are the jobs non-productive, they create an endless tsunami of regulatory burdens and taxes for the producing private sector, obstructions which slowly drown enterprise and innovation.

Comment

Keep eyes open folks. Job walkouts happening in many industries now over vaxx mandates. SW Airlines overnight, Air Traffic Controllers, ferries, truckers even health care workers etc. Restaurants empty, businesses being boycotted. Vaxxed locking themselves in the basement again. New lockdowns coming.

In the greater economy, shortages, shipping backlogs, covid shutting down ports, staff shortages, resignations, sick leaves, etc. Some factories cant afford to operate anymore with high input costs mainly energy. Gas to $2 per L in some Canadian cities.

This sucker is going to go down.

Interesting times. Protect yourself.
                Last edited by jazz; Oct 10, 2021, 18:39.

Comment

This is just testing our strength. 👍 what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.

Comment

Fairly broad-based commodity sell-off appears gaining momemtum. Even cryptos starting to get shredded.

Is this another ‘buy the dip’ or a break in cash spot markets genuine? Will likely make for heightened volatilty again (IMO) . . . .

Comment

Has the Dow lost any and all connection to the real world? (Rhetorical)

Comment

Has the Dow lost any and all connection to the real world? (Rhetorical)
                        U.S. Fed Motto: When the game isn't going your way, just change the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                          U.S. Fed Motto: When the game isn't going your way, just change the rules.
                          I can remember quite clearly the days when my banker didn't agree with that modus operandi on my part.

Very clearly.

Indelible.

Comment

I can remember quite clearly the days when my banker didn't agree with that modus operandi on my part.

Very clearly.

Indelible.
                            There is a saying that if you own the bank thousands and you don't pay, you have a problem, if you owe the bank Millions, and you don't pay, the bank has a problem.
                            I once asked my banker if we were reaching the point where if we don't make the payments it is the banks problems.
                            She normally has a really good sense of humour.
                            She was quite emphatic when she informed me that it will always be my problem.
                            So much for that idea.

Comment

Oh well, it was a fun thought while it lasted....

A nearby, long-established, 160 head dairy farmer just bought a turnkey, 150 ac dairy operation 120 kg quota, milking around 100 cows. Fairly new buildings, house.

He paid $12,000,000 for it.

An excellent operator, owned about 900 acres up until now, accumulated over the past 25 years.

Comment

Some bubbles have broken. Broad-based break in global commodity prices now in-progress. Energies, base commodities, grains all under pressure.

Buyers reverting to cheaper Black Sea supplies. Dropping flax values. Paris wheat under heavy selling. Realize the internet doesn't believe, but food prices could be lower in 2022 (IMO). Inflation now waning (IMO).

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...