• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola Fuel plant Regina

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
    but there's a limit... do we want to eat or drive?
    True, even a moderate change in diet worldwide would free up a lot of veg oil.
    Edible veg oil is not mandatory for human health. It's a convenience.
    Plenty of times I'd rather go hungry and just keep driving....

Comment

Given the amount of restaurants closed in the last year around the world vegetable oil demand is amazing. The way things change in this world the more options for canola seed the better. Can it stay as no.1 crop forever I don't think so but it has had a good run in western Canada that's for sure.

Comment

I'm all for this and Diesel isn't dead if we just tweak it a bit. Need a Liberal to get a slush fund from it and were off to the races.

Comment

Can't seem to find anything on True North Renewable Fuels...anyone have there company info?

Comment

I'm making some calls I think I might know a few who are heading this up.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
              I'm making some calls I think I might know a few who are heading this up.
              Did I read this is associated with the super cluster? Will that be co located on AGTs site then?

Comment

The demand for bio-fuels is being driven by climate change policies which in turn are increasing demand for crops. And you guys all said there was no upside to reducing carbon emissions and fighting climate change?

https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/services/managing-pollution/energy-production/fuel-regulations/clean-fuel-standard/about.html https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/services/managing-pollution/energy-production/fuel-regulations/clean-fuel-standard/about.html

5.) Which other countries and jurisdictions currently have low carbon fuel policies, such as renewable fuel mandate or a clean fuel standards?

Alberta: the Renewable Fuels Standard (RFS) requires a minimum annual average of 5% renewable alcohol in gasoline and 2% renewable diesel in diesel fuel sold in Alberta by fuel suppliers. To meet the RFS, renewable fuels must demonstrate at least 25% fewer GHG emissions than the equivalent petroleum fuel.

Manitoba: Manitoba’s Ethanol Mandate requires fuel suppliers in Manitoba to blend at least 8.5% of ethanol in their gasoline. The Biodiesel Mandate requires fuel suppliers to blend 2% renewable content in on- and off-road diesel fuel. Under the recently released Made-in-Manitoba Climate and Green Plan, ethanol content in gasoline will rise to 10% from 8.5%, and the biodiesel content in diesel will rise to 5% from 2%.

Ontario: As of 2017, 4% of the total volume of diesel fuel must be bio-based. The bio-based diesel component must have 70% lower GHG emissions than standard petroleum diesel. Ethanol must also account for 10% of the total volume of gasoline by 2020 for Southern Ontario and by 2023 for northern regions. The ethanol blend must also lower GHG emissions by 45%. Consultations are underway to increase the ethanol content to 15% by as early as 2025.

Saskatchewan: the Renewable Diesel Act requires fuel distributors to include 2% renewable diesel content. The province also has a 7.5% ethanol mandate.

British Columbia: the Renewable and Low Carbon Fuel Requirement mandates a 5% ethanol content in gasoline and 4% in diesel fuel. In addition, the province has a Low Carbon Fuel Standard which aims to achieve a 20% reduction in fuel carbon intensity by 2030.

Quebec: there is no mandate in effect, but the province is currently consulting on establishing a proposed mandate of 10% ethanol by 2021 and 15% by 2025, with benefits for cellulosic ethanol. The province is also proposing a renewable diesel mandate of 2% by 2021 and 4% by 2025.

United States: The Renewable Fuel Standard is a federal program that requires transportation fuel sold in the country to contain 36 billion gallons of renewable fuel blended into gasoline or diesel by 2022.

California: The Low Carbon Fuel Standard is a state regulation that requires a 20% reduction in transportation fuel carbon intensity by 2030.

Oregon: The Clean Fuels Program (CFP) is a state law that requires a 10% reduction in transportation fuel carbon intensity in 10 years. Phase I of the CFP was adopted in 2009 to study the impact of such a reduction. In 2015, it was fully implemented.

European Union: fuel suppliers are required to reduce carbon-intensity by 6% for transportation fuels supplied to the EU. This requirement is integrated with the EU’s Renewable Energy Directive. Both policies require Member States to enforce targets.

Comment

Guess lentils are no longer Cinderella crop for this area.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                    I listened to a guy on the radio earlier this winter from High River area that is almost in production mode, but waiting for government permits to make diesel from garbage. He says he can virtually eliminate landfills and can take pretty well any material other than contaminated soil. He said his cost of production is less than competing bio diesel from veg oil production. Now that would be a game changer if it were to be achieved on a large scale
                    Wish him luck with permits in Alberta. Kenney has a 30 million war room against guys like him and Bigfoot cartoons. Besides all Alberta $ are going into O&G no green enegy here.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                      Wish him luck with permits in Alberta. Kenney has a 30 million war room against guys like him and Bigfoot cartoons. Besides all Alberta $ are going into O&G no green enegy here.
                      Likely right but it sounded more like an obstacle at the county level.

Comment

Gotta say, “I’ll believe it when I see it.” All those pasta plants that we heard about are so successful. (sarcasm)

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          Gotta say, “I’ll believe it when I see it.” All those pasta plants that we heard about are so successful. (sarcasm)
                          Everytime govt has to get involved with something, it gets fcked right up.

Maybe they can locate the pasta plant and the pulse protein plant and the biodiesel plant all at the fake GTH.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...