• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drought Watch 2021

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    20 year cycle
    Can you count to 7 please

Comment

Originally posted by Bin Lurking View Post

Stop posting your homework here, nobody is gonna help you.

Comment

Right on cue. I was wondering when you were gonna identity yourself as the seventh member of the circle jerk troll club.

Comment

Right on cue. I was wondering when you were gonna identity yourself as the seventh member of the circle jerk troll club.
          Hard to believe Vancouver and Victoria will be 40C today!!!

A couple of days of heat won't kill the Canola crop... it is just speeding things up! Cheers

Comment

LOL you two jumped right on that .
            You can’t deny climate change , always been there
            Yes it has. Too bad you refuse to see that it is also possible man is impacting climate just as the sun, cycles, geology, etc. Amazing how similar Climate change denial is to Covid denial. Any excuse you can dream up is better than having to face the real possibility that man is contributing to the problem and it is easier to deny a problem even exists than consider the possibility much less take any action against it.
            Last edited by dmlfarmer; Jun 28, 2021, 05:46.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
              Yes it has. Too bad you refuse to see that it is also possible man is impacting climate just as the sun, cycles, geology, etc.
              I don’t refuse it , I have stated that
              What is refused is the other way around
              The impact of man is exaggerated to push the green agenda . That’s pretty much what I have said over and over . That’s the way I see it . Too many things don’t add up to be a one way street that’s being preached to the public

But go ahead and think you can continue to lecture everyone on here who challenges the status quoe on nearly everything non ag related .... I think it actually give your that power trip feeling .

Comment

How’s farmin in Australia? Or is it austrandia in Australia and Bin Lurkin in Canada ? Let us know again

Comment

I don’t refuse it , I have stated that
                  What is refused is the other way around
                  The impact of man is exaggerated to push the green agenda . That’s pretty much what I have said over and over . That’s the way I see it . Too many things don’t add up to be a one way street that’s being preached to the public

But go ahead and think you can continue to lecture everyone on here who challenges the status quoe on nearly everything non ag related .... I think it actually give your that power trip feeling .
                  Thanks for the analysis Dr Phil.
                  So you believe man is affecting climate but the problem is exaggerated. By how much is it exaggerated? Based on what evidence is the problem exaggerated? If man is affecting climate as you now say you believe, should man be doing anything about it? What? Or are you content to just list excuses like cycles and do nothing?

Comment

Thanks for the analysis Dr Phil.
                    So you believe man is affecting climate but the problem is exaggerated. By how much is it exaggerated? Based on what evidence is the problem exaggerated? If man is affecting climate as you now say you believe, should man be doing anything about it? What? Or are you content to just list excuses like cycles and do nothing?
                    Hopefully one day some of you will figure it out .
                    One small piece of evidence is the false presumption that growing seasons in western Canada are now longer ... that was being pushed two years ago
                    Absolutely not true , but it’s like beating a dead horse because the truth stood in the way of the narrative being pushed .
                    Yes we are getting a one week heat wave now and it will be all over every msm , social media .. everywhere
                    But not a word of the 5 frosts at the end of May , another 1 or 2 in June depending on location ... that’s just as extraordinary as this heat wave but will be ignored, just like the August frosts and early September snows that devastated crops in huge areas in western Canada the past few years . Why ? Cause it does not fit the narrative , but today sure does
                    DYODD .... there is much more to what’s going on than carbon , but majority of people can’t think for themselves anymore .

Comment

farmin in Australia? Or is it austrandia in Australia and Bin Lurkin in Canada ? Let us know again[/QUOTE]

Seems Australia is having issues with covid. Only 4 % vaxed . People cannot travel in or out. Lockdowns continue.

Comment

Yes it has. Too bad you refuse to see that it is also possible man is impacting climate just as the sun, cycles, geology, etc. Amazing how similar Climate change denial is to Covid denial. Any excuse you can dream up is better than having to face the real possibility that man is contributing to the problem and it is easier to deny a problem even exists than consider the possibility much less take any action against it.
                        Dml what do you consider to be action against it? What are you doing personally to take action against it?

My thought is this, if government actually believes what it says that, the amount of C02 in the atmosphere has already guaranteed that the climate will warm, should we not be spending money making the crops we grow more resilient to heat. Wheat and Barley are most productive at 20-25* celsius, flowering during a period over +30 greatly reduces yield. Wouldn’t money be better spend on adapting our food production to tolerate the change in climate? What about relocating peoples residences out of flood plains? The list goes on. But in reality the government is spending its money subsidizing electric car charging stations and subsidizing Chinese made solar panels. So attack our outlook all you want, I won’t support our present federal government’s policies!

Comment

Well this thread got derailed.

Here's an attempt to put it back on track.

Has anyone else punched soil cores? Drove around yesterday and all crops are suffering. It doesn't matter whether it's on chemfallow or stubble. There is still respectable moisture in the entire 12" soil profile with the exception of the top 1.5", but it seems that the crop is completely unable to keep up. Compaction certainly shows up this year!

How long do you guys think you can hold on? Yield most certainly has been taken off the table. Models do not seem to indicate any respite in the near or even medium term future.

Speaking for this area, some crops are done regardless of whether the heat breaks today, tomorrow, or two weeks from now. In another week it'll be approaching disaster across the board, and if meaningful rain doesnt show up until harvest time, combines will be rolling in the low spots on all crop types the last week of July to try and gather up seed for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                            Dml what do you consider to be action against it? What are you doing personally to take action against it?

My thought is this, if government actually believes what it says that, the amount of C02 in the atmosphere has already guaranteed that the climate will warm, should we not be spending money making the crops we grow more resilient to heat. Wheat and Barley are most productive at 20-25* celsius, flowering during a period over +30 greatly reduces yield. Wouldn’t money be better spend on adapting our food production to tolerate the change in climate? What about relocating peoples residences out of flood plains? The list goes on. But in reality the government is spending its money subsidizing electric car charging stations and subsidizing Chinese made solar panels. So attack our outlook all you want, I won’t support our present federal government’s policies!
                            He’s confused because you mentioned wheat and barley flowering.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                              Well this thread got derailed.

Here's an attempt to put it back on track.

Has anyone else punched soil cores? Drove around yesterday and all crops are suffering. It doesn't matter whether it's on chemfallow or stubble. There is still respectable moisture in the entire 12" soil profile with the exception of the top 1.5", but it seems that the crop is completely unable to keep up. Compaction certainly shows up this year!

How long do you guys think you can hold on? Yield most certainly has been taken off the table. Models do not seem to indicate any respite in the near or even medium term future.

Speaking for this area, some crops are done regardless of whether the heat breaks today, tomorrow, or two weeks from now. In another week it'll be approaching disaster across the board, and if meaningful rain doesnt show up until harvest time, combines will be rolling in the low spots on all crop types the last week of July to try and gather up seed for next year.
                              Guys with soil probs here are seeing a lose of 1/2 in of soil moisture per day
                              Crops are hanging on but we still have to make it through the next 5 days
                              Not sure what to expect but it won’t be good
                              Crop is using a lot of moisture right now

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                                Pulled some plants last night. lentils are rooted nice and deep but canola didnt seem rooted as well. It really needed a real shot of something before going into bolting. Usually end of June is pretty reliable for moisture.

Real lack of thunderstorms here too.

I think we can reasonably survive a week to 10 days. Coolish nights will help.

But the big crop is long gone now especially in canola. Wonder if the market experts will figure that out this time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...