• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sales reporting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
    This thread has turned into the usual vinegar so I'll add this. Sometimes attitudes like yours are part of the problem. The percentage of rented land is not going away soon and the credits go with title. Another program that becomes useless or a gift to non farmers.
    On a similar note they postponed responsible grain till fall. Big f n surprise.
    bump

you cant let this die - or it will...

Comment

Without knowing how much grain has been locked up for export there is no food security.
      That as much as anything is what was behind the start of sales reporting in the US.
      Second was that the real value of that food stock was not accounted for and it was gone.

It is not the job of the importer to put a real value on what they want to import. They just want to get it as cheap as the can for as long as they need to.
      So, it is the job of the exporting entity to put a value on that product for export. Otherwise they will not have a domestic industry for long or it will be a very sick one.
      It's just basic accounting. You cannot account for what you don't count in the first place. And the best time to start counting is when it is signed up to go.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
        Does anyone (Tom) have the exact wording of the “sales reporting resolution”?
        Found the ASG AGM Resolution that passed with over 90% in favour:

Resolution #3 – Compiled Weekly Export Sales Report
        Background: The U.S. Department of Agriculture mandates the grain buying corporations to
        report their grain sales over a certain set minimum tonnage to be reported daily and compiled
        weekly. The structure of this system in the USA allows for a transparent marketplace so that
        farmers have the ability to better gauge market conditions and execute their grain marketing
        decisions by being more informed and therefore giving them a more strategic advantage.
        WHEREAS, we as seed growers are directly affected by the current marketing disadvantage in
        Canada, because it does not allow us the opportunity to be more proactive towards planning
        our next years seed production based on current global exports;
        WHEREAS, our pedigreed seed pricing is all relative to the commercial market of grain, so if the
        commercial producers can gain the advantage of having the export data on a daily basis versus
        every 6 weeks, the output of greater commercial grain profits will directly reflect positively on
        our pedigreed seed business;
        WHEREAS, several of the Saskatchewan Grain Councils have already put forward a resolution at
        their 2021 AGM’s with respect to this requirement of more transparent and timely reporting of
        crop exports in Canada. Alberta Seed Growers supporting and lobbying for this movement will
        add value to our crop business and benefit all Pedigreed Seed Growers across Canada;
        THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that it be mandated for Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and the
        Canada Grains Council to establish a compiled weekly export sales report from all grain buying
        commodity companies that must provide data on the amount of their export grain sales, and
        this information be made public data on a more frequent basis every day.
        Moved by: Stephen Sendziak Seconded by: Don Sendziak Passed Feb 2021

There was a small revision adding imports as well that because of the Virtual Meeting format was not in this original Resolution.

Thanks,
        Tom4cwb

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
          bump

you cant let this die - or it will...
          Not sure what you mean Larry.
          As long as carbon credits are assigned to title they will be a gift to non resident landowners. Especially if they someday go higher under some new scheme.
          I've had landlords salivate over and specifically word leases ensuring they receive their "fair share" (all) should they ever increase.
          With the antipathy of some and the arrogance of others, anything carbon will be structured unfavorably for half the industry. This past program may have been a joke. Is it the last????
          I can bet I'm in the minority to be calling BS on this one.
          What would you suggest be done?

Comment

Cancellations get reported quick........

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              Not sure what you mean Larry.
              As long as carbon credits are assigned to title they will be a gift to non resident landowners. Especially if they someday go higher under some new scheme.
              I've had landlords salivate over and specifically word leases ensuring they receive their "fair share" (all) should they ever increase.
              With the antipathy of some and the arrogance of others, anything carbon will be structured unfavorably for half the industry. This past program may have been a joke. Is it the last????
              I can bet I'm in the minority to be calling BS on this one.
              What would you suggest be done?
              Sorry Big Fella...

I was in Export Sales Reporting mode...
              just picked last post top bump...

Best,

L

Comment

No harm done. Not the thread for that bone.
                Hopefully we can modernize this area of our industry.
                It can't be that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
                  Sorry Big Fella...

I was in Export Sales Reporting mode...
                  just picked last post top bump...

Best,

L
                  Why don’t you make it a “arm” of you bussiness Larry.

Be a feather in your cap farmers would love it.

Your reply could well be why should it be up to me

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                    Why don’t you make it a “arm” of you bussiness Larry.

Be a feather in your cap farmers would love it.

Your reply could well be why should it be up to me
                    I think the issue is that the information isn't mandated to be made publicly available by the trade. Since the Government of Canada is reviewing the Canada Grains Act now is the time to get it into legislation.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                      I think the issue is that the information isn't mandated to be made publicly available by the trade. Since the Government of Canada is reviewing the Canada Grains Act now is the time to get it into legislation.
                      Bump to top

Comment

It would be nice to know what the ships are getting loaded with,what they paid and where it’s going.

Comment

Anything happening on this file?
                          Who should we be sendin email requests for progress?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                            Anything happening on this file?
                            Who should we be sendin email requests for progress?
                            Like was pointed out either on this thread or another, every commission knows the amount of grain sold to the bushel because that is how they collect their checkoffs...

Now the fact the commissions don't want to go a step further and have forward sales reporting is one to ask the commissions why?

Farmers have asked the commissions to take this on....will they????

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...