• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sales reporting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One other thing that was rarely mentioned was the massive flooding in a huge crop growing area in late summer in China
    But getting reliable info out of China is a mystery most times at best .

Regardless it leaves us in a much better position now than a year ago at this time .
    Have to look through muddy water at times to see a little more clear on our own. Sales reporting should help and most countries do .

Comment

STOP paying for market advise. Unpopular opinion I know. Use your head, read news, and live with your decisions. I don’t need to pay someone to make mistakes. I can do that all on my own.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        It sure would be nice to see our checkoff money spent on lobbying for this and carbon sequestering...

Considering that is what farmers asked for through resolutions at the AGMS.

What good does a new variety do for you if you lose 150 bucks an acre in lack of transparency in the market? ????

Thank you Mr. Weber for pushing this in media....farmers have to start being more engaged on this .

Call your MPS that are still patting themselves on the back for the open market...how about finishing the job.
        Please don't derail thread but.
        When you talk of getting paid on carbon sequestration. Don't expect to see any of that money on rented land.
        Can add more on new thread later.

Comment

Owned it will be paid.

Comment

Your China wheat sale got a mention here in commodity reports.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
              Your China wheat sale got a mention here in commodity reports.
              It is okay in Canada to have 40 gas stations in a 10 mile stretch and all charging $1.09/litre because you know they don't talk. The competition bureau failed in that. Hard not to feel empowered when no one has taken a run at corporate entities here like they have in the USA. And to make sure the American people never forget - they make a movie out of it.

Just fn once i'd like a grain company announce that they sold wheat to China - canola to China - peas to China...

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
                It is okay in Canada to have 40 gas stations in a 10 mile stretch and all charging $1.09/litre because you know they don't talk. The competition bureau failed in that. Hard not to feel empowered when no one has taken a run at corporate entities here like they have in the USA. And to make sure the American people never forget - they make a movie out of it.

Just fn once i'd like a grain company announce that they sold wheat to China - canola to China - peas to China...
                Remember when we used to get reports of multi bushel sales to countries over multi year sales.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                  Remember when we used to get reports of multi bushel sales to countries over multi year sales.
                  enlighten me please

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
                    enlighten me please
                    I just remember when the CWB used to make multi year contracts for sales over years and we would hear about it in papers and on radio. Not saying that was right just remember the reports that said Canada made sales. Now seems we never hear of sales.

Comment

I just remember when the CWB used to make multi year contracts for sales over years and we would hear about it in papers and on radio. Not saying that was right just remember the reports that said Canada made sales. Now seems we never hear of sales.
                      And were the sales also at the buyers (china) call and price?

Comment

You mean to the USSR on the never never plan?

Or to Syria or Iraq with kickbacks to the dictators?

Yea, I remember those.

Comment

I don't recall and we can't even look it up because all the records got destroyed.

Comment

I don't recall and we can't even look it up because all the records got destroyed.
                            Of course!

Comment

And what's the difference if you substitute (China) with MNP, P&H, Cargill, Richardson, etc etc in todays grain markets you sell to ?

Shortbox

Ritz Cracker made sure those records were destroyed when he gave the CWB to the Saudi's. What did you get from that deal?
                              Last edited by foragefarmer; Feb 9, 2021, 18:14.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                                Owned it will be paid.
                                This thread has turned into the usual vinegar so I'll add this. Sometimes attitudes like yours are part of the problem. The percentage of rented land is not going away soon and the credits go with title. Another program that becomes useless or a gift to non farmers.
                                On a similar note they postponed responsible grain till fall. Big f n surprise.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...