• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Years resolutions...... No BS!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Years resolutions...... No BS!

For me it’s to brush my teeth better and try to be more positive. I think both items on my list suffer because of too much stress. Probably should work on that too..........

Anyone else?

Hopefully 2021 is a good one😉

Gonna try and make chuck , forage , Dml, Ag star and others laugh more often

Comment

To severely limit listening to the news and going down rabbit holes regarding covid, climate change and politics including my absolute disgust with the direction Canada is going.
      I am older semi retired and have only so many good years left time to try and enjoy life more and be less preoccupied with all this crap. Let the next generation deal with it.

Comment

I am going to be like Harry Potter and not mention the orange grifter by name. Let him fade into oblivion.

Comment

Better diet , improve marketing skills ( oh boy ) spend more time with grandkids.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            Gonna try and make chuck , forage , Dml, Ag star and others laugh more often
            I gotta say - I greatly admire a man who declares formidable targets!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ambition.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	770604

Comment

Put this '49 MH 44 in the shop yesterday, my goal for the year is to get it restored and rolling around the farm again. Was my grandfathers and he gave it to me 33 yrs ago when I was 10 but hasnt ran in 20yrs.

First day of the year, project number 1 underway, got the chief mechanic started.

Beyond that the sun is shining, I'm still kicking, just looking forward to doing it all over again, hopefully just one notch better than last year!

Woodland, you're right on them teeth. Wow, was just at the dentist and need some work done but didnt think I'd have to buy half of the office! Health in general, pretty easy to put on the backburner when a guy gets busy but guess that's not too smart.

Comment

Old people are such liars.

The entire time you’re growing up they’re always saying “wait until you’re my age” like 50s, 60s, 70s are awful. But they never tell you your body starts turning against you in your 30s.

Back problems. Corns on your toes. Your dentist becomes one of your Fab 5 (are those still around?)

Like, wth! I know obviously 50s are going to feel worse, but where was the warning for 30s?!!! I thought I had another couple decades before I needed to keep the wheat heat bags I was making and steal back the massage thingies I’d previously gifted and add Dr Ho to my wish list. And what are corns anyway, why are my toes all of sudden so mad with shoes after wearing them for years.

Bullshit. I’d have a New Years resolution to get rid of corns but I’d fail at that. Nobody say the word bunion, I don’t want to give my toes any more ideas.

I’ve got even odds on if my eyes or bladder can make it to 40.

Comment

Please nobody tell her that that post made me laugh. Cuz it really wasn't funny.

And why am I thinking about that Billy Ray Cyrus song?

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                    Please nobody tell her that that post made me laugh. Cuz it really wasn't funny.

And why am I thinking about that Billy Ray Cyrus song?
                    If you can’t laugh at your body falling apart, you may be doomed.

But it’s definitely much easier to laugh at somebody else’s falling apart.

No wonder all explorers who went hunting for the fountain of youth seemed to be in their 30s and 40s. They’d obviously realized the great lie as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post

The entire time you’re growing up they’re always saying “wait until you’re my age” like 50s, 60s, 70s are awful. But they never tell you your body starts turning against you in your 30s.

Back problems. Corns on your toes. Your dentist becomes one of your Fab 5 (are those still around?)

Like, wth! I know obviously 50s are going to feel worse, but where was the warning for 30s?!!! I thought I had another couple decades before I needed to keep the wheat heat bags I was making and steal back the massage thingies I’d previously gifted and add Dr Ho to my wish list. And what are corns anyway, why are my toes all of sudden so mad with shoes after wearing them for years.

Bullshit. I’d have a New Years resolution to get rid of corns but I’d fail at that. Nobody say the word bunion, I don’t want to give my toes any more ideas.

My dad always said I would understand when I get older! I have out lived him now and still don't know guess he never did either.

My Mom always said I would have to ask someone older well there isn't anyone left older now what?

Always herd that all good things come to them who wait! Nobody said how long we had to wait tho I'm just about out of wait time.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                        I am going to be like Harry Potter and not mention the orange grifter by name. Let him fade into oblivion.
                        Good idea. I treat my first ex as Voldemort for my sanity and it works.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post

Put this '49 MH 44 in the shop yesterday, my goal for the year is to get it restored and rolling around the farm again. Was my grandfathers and he gave it to me 33 yrs ago when I was 10 but hasnt ran in 20yrs.

First day of the year, project number 1 underway, got the chief mechanic started.

Beyond that the sun is shining, I'm still kicking, just looking forward to doing it all over again, hopefully just one notch better than last year!

Woodland, you're right on them teeth. Wow, was just at the dentist and need some work done but didnt think I'd have to buy half of the office! Health in general, pretty easy to put on the backburner when a guy gets busy but guess that's not too smart.
                          Good luck with the project🍀
                          Let us know how it goes for the two of you.

Comment

I dont do resolutions. But if i had to my first one would be better stress management. Doing that and a few other un healthy habits would fall away.
                            Course I'm always on the hunt for #3. That would ease some stress; for a short time. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post

I’ll second that. I’m an ‘83 model and my back is complaining after brisket tagging the bred heifers the other day. It involved lots of kneeling and pushing their heads to the side of the head gate.

Not quite into the heat pads and such yet but my wife is. Ironically Dr Ho just showed up on tv........

Nose and ear hair now get trimmed on regular basis too. I wonder what’s next.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...