• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon Tax efficiencies...?????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Fertilizer usage. Its the largest single fossil energy input into crop production.

Nutrient management will undergo scrutiny and research to reduce usage and losses and minimize nitrous oxide emissions while still maintaining yield. According to the scientists there is room for substantial improvement.
    Chuck2 just looked it up in 2005 agriculture contributed 60 mega tonnes of emissions to Canada’s ghg emissions, in 2018 we contributed 59 mega tonnes, in both years roughly 8% of Canada’s total. I asked you this question before, no response so I will ask again do you support Justin Trudeau’s carbon tax with it's planned yearly rise reaching $170 a tonne by 2030?!

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      Lucky a grain dryer is optional for you
      Sure as hell isn’t around here
      Just asking, nothing more, but have you always needed a grain dryer or just recent years weather, or just since farms have gotten bigger?

Only was 2 dryers anywhere around here 20 yrs ago, the last 5 years lots are going in, still would be fairly low percentage of guys who got them. Still mostly smaller farms and lots of mixed farms here. September has traditionally been a wet month but until the last few years October usually straightens out.

Comment

I hear Quebec has cap and trade [c02] with California at 17$/t... exempted from the Feds tax. 170$/t is 10x the Quebec rate is costing... Liberals mean to stick a finger in eye of Premier Doug Ford... for cancelling Ontario's previous cap and trade program...

It will be very interesting to see what Biden does with cap and trade... or carbon tax? This US decision will set the likely standard for Canada.

Oil and NG are strategic national security issues... North American NATO self sufficiency for energy will drive an alliance for long term national security for energy. Without energy security... no national security policy can work.

Comment

When there is no rational explanation for carrying out a destructive action

I may have posted this JBP clip before, but it becomes even more relevant in relation to the imminent destruction of agriculture in Canada resulting from this Liberal government's determined course.

From the clip - "If you can't figure out what someone is doing, or why, look at the outcome and infer the motivation. If it produces mayhem, perhaps it was aiming at mayhem."

Peterson's analysis (3:05) of why people support and/or engage in overtly harmful and anti-social behaviors (i.e. -Nazi prison guards) gives a horrific glimpse into the potential of some who are committed to their destructive thinking ("...whatever element of Cain is deeply embedded in you..."). From there, one can deduce why even engaging with such is worse than a mere waste of time - it can actually draw one into their sphere of evil influence.

It is a severely drastic assumption to underestimate the existence and commitment of the forces of evil at work in this world in our day, as further evidenced in the "...city council..." thread by rumrocks.

Why would someone in power pursue this path, knowing the probable outcome? Drug-induced brain damage? Satanic influence or possession? FAS? I once had a young woman who was affected by FAS tell me in perfect calm, her boyfriend sitting beside her, that if she were to come to my house, she would likely steal from me because of her uncontrollable compulsion resulting from FAS. She knew it, and said that she couldn't help herself.

With this understanding, is there a name and policy that comes to mind that could replace the historical illustration provided?

I just hope and pray to God that we are not entering into the dawning of another period of genocide that is even worse than the previous ones that the fascist leftists visited on the people of this world.
          Last edited by burnt; Dec 20, 2020, 02:08.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
            Beadle has an oil loading that they don’t seem to use. Could build it like a co-op to get more cars.
            Railways have defined the level of service they are willing to provide the captive grain business. They are unwilling to enhance it in any way. I asked about getting producer cars delivered to a siding that had in the past received service. I was told to hell would freeze over before I ever got cars there. Kinda shocked as it was a civil conversation up until that point.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...