• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toyota's game-changing solid-state battery en route for 2021 debut

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might as well kill Canada’s oil industry,

It’s in a desolate corner of Saudi Arabia… 50 miles from the nearest town… surrounded by sand… tormented by dust storms… baked by some of the hottest temperatures on the planet…

It just opened for business.

The Jazan project is a project to build the world’s largest gas-fired power plant next to a mega oil refinery beside a monster petrochemical plant… all nestled up against an export terminal for super tankers.

When fully operational, this plant will process about 6% of Saudi Arabia’s crude oil production.

(It will turn Saudi Arabia’s heavy crude oil into environmentally friendly ultra-low sulfur diesel fuels, jet fuels, etc., which it will export.)

the Al-Zour refinery in Kuwait. Like Jazan, it's also a power plant, refinery, and port rolled into one… except this one’s even bigger than the Jazan project… by about 50%.

It’s going to be one of the largest refineries in the world when it’s complete, which should be in 2024.

And they aren’t just building refineries in the Middle East. China is getting into the refinery game in a big way, too…

China currently has at least four new mega projects under construction and many existing projects are being expanded.

According to World Oil Magazine, in 2021, China will overtake the USA as the world's largest refiner of crude oil.

Finally, India, the world’s third largest importer of crude oil, is also ramping up refinery capacity.

India is hoping to increase the size of its refining industry by 77% by 2030. And it just announced a big project… a giant refinery and petrochemical project in the state of Maharashtra.

At an estimated cost of $60 billion, this Saudi-owned project is going to be the world’s largest and most expensive refinery when it’s completed in six years…

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
      Might as well kill Canada’s oil industry,

It’s in a desolate corner of Saudi Arabia… 50 miles from the nearest town… surrounded by sand… tormented by dust storms… baked by some of the hottest temperatures on the planet…

It just opened for business.

The Jazan project is a project to build the world’s largest gas-fired power plant next to a mega oil refinery beside a monster petrochemical plant… all nestled up against an export terminal for super tankers.

When fully operational, this plant will process about 6% of Saudi Arabia’s crude oil production.

(It will turn Saudi Arabia’s heavy crude oil into environmentally friendly ultra-low sulfur diesel fuels, jet fuels, etc., which it will export.)

the Al-Zour refinery in Kuwait. Like Jazan, it's also a power plant, refinery, and port rolled into one… except this one’s even bigger than the Jazan project… by about 50%.

It’s going to be one of the largest refineries in the world when it’s complete, which should be in 2024.

And they aren’t just building refineries in the Middle East. China is getting into the refinery game in a big way, too…

China currently has at least four new mega projects under construction and many existing projects are being expanded.

According to World Oil Magazine, in 2021, China will overtake the USA as the world's largest refiner of crude oil.

Finally, India, the world’s third largest importer of crude oil, is also ramping up refinery capacity.

India is hoping to increase the size of its refining industry by 77% by 2030. And it just announced a big project… a giant refinery and petrochemical project in the state of Maharashtra.

At an estimated cost of $60 billion, this Saudi-owned project is going to be the world’s largest and most expensive refinery when it’s completed in six years…

Yep gonna be great buying diesel and gas from Saudia Arabia and China.

Comment

I find this EV design intriguing. Ultra light weight, ultra aerodynamic, 1000 mile range, up to 40 miles additional range per day by sun alone, will charge overnight on a standard 120v plug, under $30k.

Last edited by biglentil; Dec 12, 2020, 01:26.

Comment

Originally posted by pgluca View Post
          Chuckchuck
          I live in southern Alberta next to a huge wind farm that is constantly increasing in size and we have a number of solar sites in southern Alberta and are building some huge ones. Shows what you know.......
          And they were working overtime today. I checked a few times. Wind power was under 100 MW when I checked, that is around 5% of capacity.
          Solar peaked out at 4 MW out of supposedly 100 MW of capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
            I find this EV design intriguing. Ultra light weight, ultra aerodynamic, 1000 mile range, up to 40 miles additional range per day by sun alone, will charge overnight on a standard 120v plug, under $30k.

Looks like a "fair weather" car(?)!!!
            Do they build a family sedan model yet?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Looks like a "fair weather" car(?)!!!
              Do they build a family sedan model yet?
              Yes sure does, definetely outside the 📦.

Comment

So you’d freeze your ass off in this?
                And
                I think it would blow off our gravel roads

My negative thoughts for the day

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                  So you’d freeze your ass off in this?
                  And
                  I think it would blow off our gravel roads

My negative thoughts for the day
                  The turbulence after passing a Highway Tractor head on might make it spin like a top.

Like an empty Tim Horton's cup.
                  Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 12, 2020, 06:20.

Comment

Thank goodness. Using electricity produced from thin air to charge batteries is brilliant.

I love it when ppl exhort how great electric vehicles are. Being fuelled by electricity produced, for the most part, from coal.

Comment

Likely uses less power than my first cell phone. Where do you put the skid tank when you go to feed the thirsty versy?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                        Thank goodness. Using electricity produced from thin air to charge batteries is brilliant.

I love it when ppl exhort how great electric vehicles are. Being fuelled by electricity produced, for the most part, from coal.
                        They will really be able to puff out their chests when they are made completely of petroleum-hydrocarbon free materials and only green renewable energy was used to produce them!

I am not against new technology but don't portray the old dependable stuff as evil when it's still needed and used to produce the infrastructure, materials and products that make green energy viable and possible!!!
                        .....hypocrisy.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post

I wonder how it does on muddy gravel roads?

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                            I wonder how it does on muddy gravel roads?
                            I don't think it's the sole solution for here year round, but for a large portion of the world's commuters it might be. Without having a big radiator up front screwing up the aerodynamics, these things can get very efficient. Btw those pizza cutters may surprize in the snow, just found it interesting is all.
                            Last edited by biglentil; Dec 12, 2020, 11:01.

Comment

Back when roads were virtually non existent most places, cars were 2wd with no limited slip diffs (ie. 1 wheel drive) with pizza cutter tires, underpowered, poor brakes, terribly unreliable, and people managed( although they were parked for a good portion of the year).
                              Now when most miles travelled are on well maintained pavement, gravel roads are gravelled and snow plowed, and we carry cell phones for emergencies, yet we all drive super reliable 4wd vehicles with tires and tech that could have easily navigated the worst of the roads back in the day, in the worst weather.

It may be time for a rethink of what personal transportation looks like for most folks.

Comment

With the Great Reset underway 2 feet and heartbeat will be a luxurious ride.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...