• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China ... soybeans

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you errol.

The adage that if one could predict the weather, one could make a fortune every day continues to hold.

Rightly, or wrongly, I haven't sold a bushel of any grain, or oilseed. Question is, "what the hell is stopping me?". It goes back to the adage.

If I could just cash price, and pick the pleasant days to deliver, but oh, no, we have to pluck around with an elevator schedule that surely by design will call for it the day of a two foot snow dump, and a howling -30 wind chill.

So screw it, and I'll take my chances on May when daylight and conditions allow to get four times as much done, and your option #1 comes true.

Wiseguy, how did you delete farma's post?

Comment

I don't see a triple top forming, however I am looking for a pause right in here. 12.35-12.50 area basis March

Comment

Trader consensus is heavily bullish (80 percent plus) which means most traders leaning on one-side of this ship. Might be time to race to the other side of the boat soon (IMO). This rally has been heavily spec-driven.

Technically, March support $11.80 to $11.60 per bu range possible should funds bolt long positions ahead of year end. NOPA data indicated this past week, U.S. soyoil stocks for November are now at an eight (8) year high. Meal demand to produce pork in China had been the key fundamental driver this fall plus heavy fund activity key drivers (IMO).

Entering 1st quarter, traders will be focused on crop development in South America . . . .

Comment

$15 for canola around Saskatoon. Is this right Or is it off alittle?

Comment

Specialty canola is there or close to it.
            I don't see that anywhere with posted offers and it would be quite a bit more over posted prices to have some generic canola being picked up for 15 in the Saskatoon area.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
              $15 for canola around Saskatoon. Is this right Or is it off alittle?
              Cargill had a +11.50 basis or a $13.50nas a special early last week. If you just did the basis that might get you to $14. Most line companies are around the $13 mark, maybe a bit over now.

Comment

I thought most of the crushers are at $14

Comment

Cargill Clavet bids, self delivered.

Viterra Humboldt

P and H Quill Lake.

As you can see those of us in the price slum of the NE consistently take a 50 cent to a dollar hit in prices on most crops.

Comment

Seems only time to get a good price is when they have cars coming for that certain commodity. Their post price is a joke

Comment

farming 101 has his pause. One more trading day to blow through it?

Need a chicken comment.

A friend of ours, pre covid, took joy in regularly inviting his neighbours over for chicken dinners. He noted, and lamented that always he ran out of chicken legs first at his parties, and was determined to fix that problem.

He decided to use a modified technique to develop a three legged chicken to end his drumstick shortfall. His additional goal was to develop a more CHRISPR chicken leg.

Still pre covid, and months later, all the neighbours noticed the extensive flock of free range, three legged chickens foraging his property. No one, however, had been invited to supper.

Finally, I stopped at his yard and asked him how his new chicken tasted.

Immediately, his head went down and sheepishly admitted that he did not know as he had not been able to catch one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
                        farming 101 has his pause. One more trading day to blow through it?

Need a chicken comment.

A friend of ours, pre covid, took joy in regularly inviting his neighbours over for chicken dinners. He noted, and lamented that always he ran out of chicken legs first at his parties, and was determined to fix that problem.

He decided to use a modified technique to develop a three legged chicken to end his drumstick shortfall. His additional goal was to develop a more CHRISPR chicken leg.

Still pre covid, and months later, all the neighbours noticed the extensive flock of free range, three legged chickens foraging his property. No one, however, had been invited to supper.

Finally, I stopped at his yard and asked him how his new chicken tasted.

Immediately, his head went down and sheepishly admitted that he did not know as he had not been able to catch one yet.
                        Those things are faster than a cut cat!

Click image for larger version

Name:	3 legger.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	770558

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          May be something to pay attention to ..
                          https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-china-soybeans-cancellations-idUKKBN28510H
                          I wonder if the Chinese are phoning up the companies they cancelled shipments from and say, "On second thought..."?

Comment

Well, don't think I'd call the price advance today a pause. Maybe tomorrow

China US bean purchases continue. The cancellation news really didn't show up on weekly sales reports.
                            Cancellations will most definitely happen. Either that or agreements will get rolled into 2021

Comment

Yep, I like it, nice for a change,,,

ChiComs cancel orders, and price goes up, pay more instead of the usual drop in prices with them paying less.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                                Those things are faster than a cut cat!

[ATTACH]7264[/ATTACH]
                                Like, Like. I wanted to put three like, but only allowed one.

All things come in threes - such as good, bad, and ugly. A stutterer, like, like, like...

Furrows chart has three tops. I think it should be called in the trade an Anne Boleyn chart, but sadly that was fake news.

Thanks for the picture, burnt.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...