• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hammer Down

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Moe doesn’t over-react. Our numbers are coming down as fast as they went up. Saturday 400ish, this Tuesday 175.
    Last edited by sumdumguy; Nov 25, 2020, 05:02.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
      That's where you are wrong.

They will never see it.

When it ultimately fails - and it is and will because of its fundamentally wrong basis - they will blame you for its failure, even though it was the success of capitalism that made it work as long as it did.
      Does that mean capitalism is going to fail 😱😱

Comment

The extremes of both are no good.

Comment

Kenney and Moe haven't figured out that an out of control pandemic will also hurt the economy badly.

Depending on how this all unfolds their jobs are on the line.

Australia is just easing very stringent lockdowns with very few cases left in some areas. Its spring there so they are in good shape to open up.

Mallee has said the pushback against lockdowns has been very small. Freedom loving Australians saw the need and agreed to work together for the benefit of everybody and the economy.

Comment

Yea what Chuck their jobs are on the line.

we just had an election and yes Ryan got blown away.

The NDP isn't even on most peoples radar any more

So No I don't think the Let's lock sask down will work.

Jobs and work still need to get done.

But you stay home lock your self up in your basement and all is good for the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post

I hope Moe doesn’t over-react. Our numbers are coming down as fast as they went up. Saturday 400ish, this Tuesday 175.
              I could be wrong but I think the 400 was because of a delay in some reports from one day to the next then all being put in the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                Yea what Chuck their jobs are on the line.

we just had an election and yes Ryan got blown away.

The NDP isn't even on most peoples radar any more

So No I don't think the Let's lock sask down will work.

Jobs and work still need to get done.

But you stay home lock your self up in your basement and all is good for the rest of us.
                SF3 I am getting lots of farm work done in this nice weather. Only difference is I can't socialize with my friends and family. Life goes on.

What do you think of those Australians who bit the bullet on lockdowns and are now in way better shape that we are? I don't think Mallee was hiding in his basement.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                  What do you think of those Australians who bit the bullet on lockdowns and are now in way better shape that we are? I don't think Mallee was hiding in his basement.
                  How many bullets are we going to have to bite? Is this a six shooter? An ak with 30 shot magazine? Or gatling gun with unlimited ammo?
                  Been a couple of rounds fired already, and the friendly fire is adding up.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                    It is pretty well a given that there is a far higher infection rate than we realize.

From what we have seen of community spread in this part of the country, it's well known that there are many who get sick, almost always with very mild symptoms, and do not get tested and/or reported as positives.

So what is the true rate of infection in the general population? And if it's far higher than publicly released records show, what is the actual threat from the WuFlu?
                    That's my beef with all levels of government. They took the summer off. They told us to bear down and then took the summer off themselves. We should have a choice of self tests readily available. I should be able to walk into the local Co-op, appropriately masked and socially distanced of course, and take my pick of 4 or 5 home self tests. That's the only way we could have any handle on how prevalent the China Virus really is in our communities. So what if the home tests aren't 100% accurate? They're still a hell of a lot more accurate than what we've got now and they're available in some countries - just not in Canada. Thank you very much Skippy, Moe, et al.

Comment

Unless things change on the trajectory we are on we are probably going to end up in a lockdown anyway at some point, it's just a matter of time.

If Moe and Kenney don't have the where with all to do it themselves, then they will likely be forced into it unfortunately.

A tougher response in the fall as things started to escalate would have helped.

There is just no easy answer because a health care care crisis and an economic crisis at the same time will cause lasting harm to many.

Australia took a hard stand and it looks to have paid off. But their circumstances are different.

They also are farther away the influence of the USA and their chaos and lack of leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                        Australia took a hard stand,,,
                        yup, they did;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7BB8DCd3Cc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7BB8DCd3Cc

You know,,, you can lock yourself down and self isolate, you don't need the government to tell you.
                        You probably have enough goods in your pantry and defreeze to keep yourself in isolation for 3-4 months,,, just think how safe you'll be. Take responsibility for yourself and do the right thing,,, just lock down.

Comment

What kenny did here in ab.yesterday should have been done 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...