• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once the St Lawrence opens up in a couple of weeks, the bin bottom brooms will be worn out, and exports should increase?

At current export rate for canola (about 250,000 tons a week) Mike Jubinville says only 3 million tons are left to export ( if, if, if Stats Can numbers are right). That’s about 12 weeks.

There are 21 shipping weeks left in the year.

21 weeks left this year - 12 weeks at current export pace = 9 weeks with out canola (OVER TWO MONTHS)

Wonder what the carry over stocks will be?

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
      Once the St Lawrence opens up in a couple of weeks, the bin bottom brooms will be worn out, and exports should increase?

At current export rate for canola (about 250,000 tons a week) Mike Jubinville says only 3 million tons are left to export ( if, if, if Stats Can numbers are right). That’s about 12 weeks.

There are 21 shipping weeks left in the year.

21 weeks left this year - 12 weeks at current export pace = 9 weeks with out canola (OVER TWO MONTHS)

Wonder what the carry over stocks will be?
      If price keeps going in the right direction, they can probably even motivate me NOT to carry any over as I
      usually do.

Comment

They have been overinflating carry over stocks for at least two years ... they finally got caught .

Comment

Exports averaging 175 or so a week will take it till the end of the crop year. I doubt there will much of an export program for the whole month of August. Not unheard of

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
            A few years back I was talking with one of our local grainco input retailers, a good guy who is honest and likeable. I was commiserating to him about seeing the "posted" canola crush margins of $55-65/t, and suggesting they're taking too much from the farmer, as the basis was quite wide at the time. He kinda laughed at me and said the true margins were likely more than 3 times the amount I was speaking about.
            Slip up, cat outta the bag I don't know,,, I still don't know.
            I am trying to work this out...I'm not sure you can look at the basis offered farmers by Canola buyers and draw a straight line to the price of canola oil and meal

Comment

If I had a red crayon to write here, i would. R-E-N-E-W-A-B-L-E D-I-E-S-E-L

Comment

Hit my third target order for $18.65 today, now at 75% sold with one more target at around $19.50. Thinking we will get one more push past the $850 mark once March s finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                  Hit my third target order for $18.65 today, now at 75% sold with one more target at around $19.50. Thinking we will get one more push past the $850 mark once March s finished.
                  Good job. Like

Comment

Made my first sale yesterday. My $19.75 target hit. I turned over 150,000 bushels of canola over the last 2 months as I wasn't risking any of it heating this year. Hopefully I can average over $20 a bushel on last year's crop. Sure glad I seeded 2/3's of my acres to canola last year and we where blessed with another bumper crop. Lol to those who say canola on canola doesn't work, or that I'm risking disease.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJeremiah View Post
                      Made my first sale yesterday. My $19.75 target hit. I turned over 150,000 bushels of canola over the last 2 months as I wasn't risking any of it heating this year. Hopefully I can average over $20 a bushel on last year's crop. Sure glad I seeded 2/3's of my acres to canola last year and we where blessed with another bumper crop. Lol to those who say canola on canola doesn't work, or that I'm risking disease.
                      What area?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        What area?
                        North East

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJeremiah View Post
                          North East
                          would you take on clients for marketing advice? thats a compliment .

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            would you take on clients for marketing advice? thats a compliment .
                            No I'm full of shit. That was a dream I had. Like an idiot I sold most off the combine. I am so used to having to sell 3-4 months ahead for cashflow. Gone are the days of only selling a month ahead as the chances of the elevator taking it on time are slim, and it's not the elevator who has to explain to the banker why they won't take the contracted grain on time. I am so ****ing pissed at our system right now. They cost the farmer billions this year. Train them to sell 4 months ahead of time, plus another month before you need cashflow, as the chances of them taking it on time are slim.

I am just pissed at our grain marketing system we've been trained to accept in western Canada. If the line companies would be forced to pay for contracts when they are contracted, whether they take the grain or not, it would solve the issues of selling months ahead of time as you need to guarantee cashflow. Most years is may cost a few dollars a tonne. This year it cost hundreds and probably billions as an industry, all because we are the industries bitch.

Comment

Hey could be even worse if CWB was still here and had canola under its belt!

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
                                Hey could be even worse if CWB was still here and had canola under its belt!
                                OMG, please don’t even whisper any idea like that. You wanna see deflation and depression?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...