• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The biggest issues facing farmers ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest threat to this industry is right in front of your eyes example oil patch.

1. Marshall a public relation campaign against it, get useful idiots to carry the message, aka climate change.
    2. Add layer of layer of regulation on to it.
    3. Tie it up with court challenges with special interest groups UNDRIP
    4. Give it zero support, recognition, smear it with outrageous claims.
    5. Take profits from the regulation and share with everyone else but that industry
    7. Let it age out, encourage no development, let it cannabalize itself, discourage new blood.

then watch it die, force people into cities and turn them orange or red.

Comment

If public perception is one agriculture’s problems, never post pictures of livestock feeding on grass under powerlines, or living under power lines. It just doesn’t look good and or it’s not a “romantic” perception that the consumers have. Organic?

Comment

K, agree with much of the opening post, but what I think is the banking industry makes the decisions. They have not much interest in a million dollar loan. Start at 2 million and you have their attention if it cash flows. There are people financing vehicle loans but for most people it’s the finance company at 5 or 6%. That all likely gets bundled up and borrowed from a bank at a low rate. Of course I actually know very little, just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
          If public perception is one agriculture’s problems, never post pictures of livestock feeding on grass under powerlines, or living under power lines. It just doesn’t look good and or it’s not a “romantic” perception that the consumers have. Organic?
          Remember a few yrs ago when the patch just thought if they could tell their story, everyone would come on board. That didnt happen. In fact things got worse.

The best thing we can do is share nothing of this business with the general public including the ag more than ever crowd on twitter. Just going to attract unwanted attention.

Let people think this is all red barns and white silos and fences and hicks in overalls.
          Last edited by jazz; Oct 2, 2020, 13:32.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            remember a few yrs ago when the patch just thought if they could tell their story, everyone would come on board. That didnt happen. In fact things got worse.

The best thing we can do is share nothing of this business with the general public including the ag more than ever crowd on twitter. Just going to attract unwanted attention.

Let people think this is all red barns and white silos and fences and hicks in overalls.

Bingo!

"Our" farm groups believe that they will receive a rational response from the rabid crowd that is pushing agriculture into oblivion.

All they do is provoke and further empower the nihilism fiends.

For first-hand evidence, look at how much progress has been achieved by debating with the socially and intellectually challenged bunch of left-wing extremists on this site.
            Last edited by burnt; Oct 2, 2020, 15:09.

Comment

Somebody needs to tell the story of agcapital input capital and all these schemes deemed to be in farmers interest when in fact they were and are scams. By insiders to government.

Comment

The issue currently affecting me right now is parents.

Parents sure can be a soul sucking issue. Zap any enjoyment right out of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post

Parents sure can be a soul sucking issue. Zap any enjoyment right out of things.
                  Sick ? Or overbearing ?

Comment

Unfortunately you don't get to pick your relatives. There are a few who likely don't admit to being related to me and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                      Unfortunately you don't get to pick your relatives. There are a few who likely don't admit to being related to me and vice versa.
                      We re so surprised!!!! Lmao

Comment

What do you mean blaithin? Parents that still want to run the farm? or question what you are doing?

I dont think that ever stops.

Comment

That is so true I went through that with my folks miss them dearly but at times near the end it was emotionally a roller coaster.

So since you stated it can all us old boys figure this out for you?

Comment

Big issue ... getting done harvest..

May be offensive to some viewers .... LOL

Chuck will call me in .. lol
                            Last edited by furrowtickler; Oct 2, 2020, 17:50.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

Only issue is it’s not a cold cheelata. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

In the short term you never go wrong with Pilsner.

Does Pilsner make a cool-aid for chuck.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...