• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AAFC 2005 Corn Imports?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crusher

Don't know how to answer your question. The malt market for the most part is out of western Canada's control with the better crop in Australia this past six months and unknowns around this summer's crop in Northern hemisphere regions.

There is a 75 % chance the current PRO is low. Having said that, I am moving to the point where I put more weight on what the market will pay versus what someone forecasts it will be. I know from a birdie that new crop malt barley asking prices are in the $195 to $225/tonne range (port) versus a PRO of $176 (2 row special select). I would a lot rather be talking about a committed malt barley defered delivery contract of $3.25 to $3.75/bushel versus a promised PRO of $2.85/bushel. Then I could help you with your question.

Comment

Hey Charlie we can do $2.80 FOB Bin new crop feed barley. I bet if producers started selling malt barley for feed in Southern AB the PRO would increase. As a matter of fact I know it would.

Comment

Looking for people's thoughts on feed grains. As a hedger, I would encourage starting the process of scale up selling feed grains. Unless I was in an area that achieved the higher grades of hard red spring wheat/durum and malt barley 4 years out of 5, I would grow higher yielding mid quality wheats/feed barley. Finally, I don't think I would grow malt barley on spec. but would rather be visiting maltsters/grain companies to check out their commitment/programs they are willing to offer.

Others thoughts.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...