• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Herbicide Resistance

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bin Lurking View Post
    Do you "dislike" all the other chemical companies you fund? What else do you have no clue about?
    People who claim to be something to be they are not have no clue . I have no clue if you still live or farm in Australia like you claim or if you are simply here to be an agitator. But don’t really care . But i do know way more than you think. Have a good evening.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      People who claim to be something to be they are not have no clue . I have no clue if you still live or farm in Australia like you claim or if you are simply here to be an agitator. But don’t really care . But i do know way more than you think. Have a good evening.
      OK one question at a time. Do you "dislike" all the other chemical companies you fund ?

Comment

Some are I agree , so don’t leave us in suspense. There were several different options given by several posters here . But zero from you .
        Is there something new coming out or you just playing games here ?
        There isn't. Companies aren't investing in chemistry they are investing in traits, germplasm, and your data harvesting. There is no solution for the weed problem.

So the question right from the first post, since this is a primary production problem, it is a farmer problem and since no one else is really working on the problem, what are farmers going to do about it?

Do you understand now?

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
          There isn't. Companies aren't investing in chemistry they are investing in traits, germplasm, and your data harvesting. There is no solution for the weed problem.

So the question right from the first post, since this is a primary production problem, it is a farmer problem and since no one else is really working on the problem, what are farmers going to do about it?

Do you understand now?
          Understood a long time ago , that’s why I asked if there was something new .
          Farmers are doing what is stated above in many posts .

Comment

Understood a long time ago , that’s why I asked if there was something new .
            Farmers are doing what is stated above in many posts .
            Which is nothing but rotating 30 year old groups becoming more and more resistant.

So, you still don't get it. What steps are farmers taking to deal with this problem? How many $$$ are you investing in research of new technologies and new methods? Hope isn't an effective management strategy.

Comment

Which is nothing but rotating 30 year old groups becoming more and more resistant.

So, you still don't get it. What steps are farmers taking to deal with this problem? How many $$$ are you investing in research of new technologies and new methods? Hope isn't an effective management strategy.
              Yup I get , what should we be doing ?
              Don’t have a chem lab here or any farm actually to make new herbicides .
              Ration of crops and herbicides seem to be working well here. But yes it is an issue in many areas .
              What do you propose ?
              Not exactly much money left at the end of the day on most farms . Regardless of what some may think to continue to invest in much else .
              Profit margins have been skinned to the bone already by the ag industry so not sure where all this new money will come from
              Add in the doubling or more on carbon tax and coming seed tax’s and the cookie jar will be empty for any kind investment by the vast majority of farms .

Comment

Yup I get , what should we be doing ?
                Don’t have a chem lab here or any farm actually to make new herbicides .
                Ration of crops and herbicides seem to be working well here. But yes it is an issue in many areas .
                What do you propose ?
                Not exactly much money left at the end of the day on most farms . Regardless of what some may think to continue to invest in much else .
                Profit margins have been skinned to the bone already by the ag industry so not sure where all this new money will come from
                Add in the doubling or more on carbon tax and coming seed tax’s and the cookie jar will be empty for any kind investment by the vast majority of farms .
                First of all, the problem rests with more then just you.

Perhaps give a hint to the millions collected by the commissions that a potentially devastating problem is creeping up on farmers.

If farmers don't start doing something, nothing will happen till its way too late.

Comment

First of all, the problem rests with more then just you.

Perhaps give a hint to the millions collected by the commissions that a potentially devastating problem is creeping up on farmers.

If farmers don't start doing something, nothing will happen till its way too late.
                  Of course the issue is widespread, who said is lt was not ?
                  What are you doing about it on your farm ? What’s your plan ? You claimed you farmed at one time no ?
                  Looking for answers just like you and everyone else .

Comment

Hmmm, herbicide "resistance". Are you referring to the general consumer population or plant's ability to mutate and have herbicide "tolerance"

Herbicide:

......Resistance,
                    ......Tolerance,
                    ......Acceptance.
                    Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 15, 2020, 22:11.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Hmmm, herbicide "resistance". Are you referring to the general consumer population or plant's ability to mutate and have herbicide "tolerance"

Herbicide:

......Resistance,
                      ......Tolerance,
                      ......Acceptance.
                      Resistance refers to a herbicide that had a target site on a plant and controlled it, but no longer does. Just like drug resistance, fungicide resistance etc. Worked before, doesn't work now.

Special interest lobbying could result in the loss of a herbicide - like glyphosate. Even sadder/worse then resistance.

Comment

Well there goes my theory of you trying to get us talking about the "other" herbicide resistance.

Comment

" the loss of a herbicide - like glyphosate. "

The "grainco families" will suffer as much as primary producers. What are they doing?

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                            " the loss of a herbicide - like glyphosate. "

The "grainco families" will suffer as much as primary producers. What are they doing?
                            oh no you don't, farmers have been passing the buck far too long. There isn't much profit margin left in products long off patent.

More importantly, what are you doing? What are your commissions doing? What are you doing to advocate to consumers you're not trying to kill them? What are farm orgs doing to directly deal with upcoming resistance issues?

And the "you" is farmers, not beaverdam specifically.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              Well there goes my theory of you trying to get us talking about the "other" herbicide resistance.
                              Please stay on topic.

Comment

I thought you were the ‘policy’ guy/girl. What do you want, what a waste of time you are.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...