• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seasonal Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no one at all, including the paid experts
    all everyone knew was that there was a huge, huge crop on the prairies

Comment

I went to 45% sold this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        I went to 45% sold this morning.
        Why? Just curious as to your reasons. Not snooping about your price...dont care...but the logic of the decision is the interest.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Why? Just curious as to your reasons. Not snooping about your price...dont care...but the logic of the decision is the interest.
          I used to sell "all or nothing". So I'm selling smaller quantities on the way up.
          Getting nervous that there could be a reversal. We've had a good run.
          Beans are red this morning. Even with all the recent sales announcements.
          What if technicals(funds)want to start profit taking? Seems fundamentals get thrown out the window then. I hate when technical chart moves ignore fundaments.
          Too many times I've dug in my heels on the way down.
          I want to participate in the rally not the decline.

Someone tell me where the top is and I'll do the right thing.

Wheat might be all or nothing
          Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 21, 2020, 08:35.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            I used to sell "all or nothing". So I'm selling smaller quantities on the way up.
            Getting nervous that there could be a reversal. We've had a good run.
            Beans are red this morning. Even with all the recent sales announcements.
            What if technicals(funds)want to start profit taking? Seems fundamentals get thrown out the window then. I hate when technical chart moves ignore fundaments.
            Too many times I've dug in my heels on the way down.
            I want to participate in the rally not the decline.

Someone tell me where the top is and I'll do the right thing.

Wheat might be all or nothing
            Can't argue that logic.....maybe Townsend could give you a recommendation. ..hahahaha...

Although to be fair I wouldn't trust Townsend's plan for a two man rush on a three hole shitter....
            Last edited by bucket; Sep 21, 2020, 08:40.

Comment

Kenny Rogers - You gotta know when to hold em....

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                Kenny Rogers - You gotta know when to hold em....
                I'm not sold out, still carrying pricing risk on half my canola crop.

I took some of the cars off the "roller coaster" ride.
                Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 21, 2020, 09:17.

Comment

Can someone highlight a downside to canola prices?...Somehow I think the carryover was overstated and they are waiting for canola in too many places....

Like wiseguy said ....10 dollar contracts haven't been delivered while 11.50 spot price??????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    Can someone highlight a downside to canola prices?...Somehow I think the carryover was overstated and they are waiting for canola in too many places....

Like wiseguy said ....10 dollar contracts haven't been delivered while 11.50 spot price??????
                    No one wants to be wrong.....
                    .....or quoted.

Comment

Very few farms have a use for canola seed on their farm.
                      Change it into something you can use.

Now keep that stuff in shape till it gets hauled away.

Start planning on what to do with the worthless paper they will give you when you go to settle up

Comment

Down 31 cents at viterra this morning after 11.50 premium on Friday.
                        Things change fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                          Down 31 cents at viterra this morning after 11.50 premium on Friday.
                          Things change fast.
                          Just wait it will go higher.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                            Just wait it will go higher.
                            I think we will see $12 commodity canola yet, maybe more. It's early but who knows. Factors other than supply could knock wind from the "sales".

Comment

Discounts for nearby delivery increasing....futures and basis

Click image for larger version

Name:	RSX20RSN21.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	770138

Comment

I am with you farma sold some last week at 11.50 maybe about 20 percent. Nice to ship some earlier if you have storing issues you can ship your poorest canola. Nobody knows for sure where the price is going otherwise we be all rich playing the futurs market

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...