• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fall chill ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fall chill ...

After some warm weather, sooner or later fall is a comin

Plus 5 here just before sunrise

37 Degrees here yesterday - this morning at 5:30 it was 6 Degrees. Hope it doesn’t decide to dip a little lower.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
      37 Degrees here yesterday - this morning at 5:30 it was 6 Degrees. Hope it doesn’t decide to dip a little lower.
      “Should” be good till Sept 2-5 , full moon 🌕 time
      Will most likely be a light frost somewhere around here .
      Most crops should be ok by then around here

Comment

After being too hot to spray , now I have to wait for it to warm up lol

Comment

Boil tea on driveway by day, chip ice off bird bath by morning. 😳

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            After being too hot to spray , now I have to wait for it to warm up lol
            No kidding....this season when I was spraying flax, daytime temp were pretty warm so I called the company about BuctrilM....they said spray in evening to let the flax recover overnight....

Turns out the evening was too cold when I didn't get the results expected...sub 10c is too cold after a 27c day...

Who would have thunk it....

Then I see my neighbours spraying preharvest in 32c....and getting results although there isn't a weed in sight and I wonder how it can speed the crop up....but its not my money...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              No kidding....this season when I was spraying flax, daytime temp were pretty warm so I called the company about BuctrilM....they said spray in evening to let the flax recover overnight....

Turns out the evening was too cold when I didn't get the results expected...sub 10c is too cold after a 27c day...

Who would have thunk it....

Then I see my neighbours spraying preharvest in 32c....and getting results although there isn't a weed in sight and I wonder how it can speed the crop up....but its not my money...
              Well Jesus h Christ already they’re obviously spraying preharvest because the ag consultant scouting the fields making a big wage telling the farmer how to farm said so. Duhhh. Was it one of those irrigation bonus farmers? They have money to waste now that the government is subsidizing their farms. And it’s such a bumper crop nobody wants an income tax problem do they?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                Well Jesus h Christ already they’re obviously spraying preharvest because the ag consultant scouting the fields making a big wage telling the farmer how to farm said so. Duhhh. Was it one of those irrigation bonus farmers? They have money to waste now that the government is subsidizing their farms. And it’s such a bumper crop nobody wants an income tax problem do they?
                Hey big wheel.....did you read the story about the guy who was told by his agronomist that he was growing a 100bpa wheat crop....he was probably pouring the groceries to it with the sound advice as well....

Turns out to be a 25bpa crop....think he is making money...

It's in the western producer...

Pretty sure the agologist is paid ....with the caveat about mother nature stealing the crop....

Can't feel sorry for the guy....

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  It was 19 here yesterday, cloudy, spitting at times. We hit 30 once. I was down at Melville the other day,and couldn’t believe how dry it was! Little wonder, it was 26 here, and 35 there.

Comment

Ok I m sorry I said it was 100 bushel yield but mr. banker I had to say something you know because I can’t pay for last years inputs and needed a double crop this year............and
                    And and you would have foreclosed but now that I m being honest the 25 bushel yield well actually that’s the yield monitor but it’s on the 3 acres that are good in that field the rest is even less. Can I still get a loan for next year? Should I put more in to it this fall so it looks like I tried. Lmao!!

The irrigation farmers want the land and have money so don’t worry. Everything is ok can sellout just like everyone else and everyone will
                    Be happy. The bank, crop insurance, nutrien etc , consultants, the accountants,.......... we re all in this together

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                      Ok I m sorry I said it was 100 bushel yield but mr. banker I had to say something you know because I can’t pay for last years inputs and needed a double crop this year............and
                      And and you would have foreclosed but now that I m being honest the 25 bushel yield well actually that’s the yield monitor but it’s on the 3 acres that are good in that field the rest is even less. Can I still get a loan for next year? Should I put more in to it this fall so it looks like I tried. Lmao!!

The irrigation farmers want the land and have money so don’t worry. Everything is ok can sellout just like everyone else and everyone will
                      Be happy. The bank, crop insurance, nutrien etc , consultants, the accountants,.......... we re all in this together
                      The most money made on irrigation land are those that had the land and did SFA other than have a water pipeline buried across their land....money is certainly never made on irrigation by farming it...

FFS Lyle Stewart/stupid doesnt realize farmers are not going to grow all the crops he talks about without a substantial increase in foreign workers.....maybe thats why the saskparty is allowing evictions so they have room for the TFW eventually...

There is already 100000 acres of irrigation that isn't growing any higher value crops....

This irrigation is just beyond stupid....it ranks up there with SPudco and the stadium....and CCS...all costing the taxpayers....

And until that money comes back there is no ROI on these projects....

BTW ...farmers are not suppose to own land...we don't know what to do with it....we are suppose to buy depreciating equipment for rented land and then have an auction sale when someone offers the landlord 10 cents more....

Comment

We are going to get going to tomorrow, nice to the temps drop a little. The heat has been good to push crops, take a little less bu for better grade. There’s been a lot of combine fires already with the dryness and heat, little cool down might help prevent a few more.
                        I switched combines and don’t want to see one go up in flames.

Comment

Bigzee, we’ve been hoofin her through the lentils through this heat. We are “working the bugs out” with a few glitches but today we should be done lentils. We always feel relief when the little sweethearts got pounded down with hail and are flat as a not quite pancake. 😂 We quit early, shower up, tip a fewback and turn up the air conditioner and thank God for another safe day. Take care Buddy. You getting help in this year? Tell him to give me a call and I’ll bring you guys some cool tidings of great joy.

Comment

Bucket I’ve been listening to u bitch and moan about all the free irrigation money so just wondering when u say there is no money in adding extra water to increase yields what is the point? Not being a douche about this but just wondering why there would be no benefit if u get the water and setup for free. When I say free I assume the trenching and water fees are free. Assume that the guy still has to buy the pivot or is that free to and just the up keep would be the overhead?
                            We have a neighbour who put in a pivot and all the additional costs were his and he claims he is definitely making more money and that is growing just wheat and Canola. This land is sandier and struggles on a dry year so that being said are the guys in the Lookout area not getting way better yields in these drier conditions this year?
                            I assume there is money in it just the overall fact that they won the lottery just because of location location location. I would whole heartedly agree they definitely shouldn’t benefit on the tax payers backs. I’d like to be so lucky. Just asking not poking the bear.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                              Bucket I’ve been listening to u bitch and moan about all the free irrigation money so just wondering when u say there is no money in adding extra water to increase yields what is the point? Not being a douche about this but just wondering why there would be no benefit if u get the water and setup for free. When I say free I assume the trenching and water fees are free. Assume that the guy still has to buy the pivot or is that free to and just the up keep would be the overhead?
                              We have a neighbour who put in a pivot and all the additional costs were his and he claims he is definitely making more money and that is growing just wheat and Canola. This land is sandier and struggles on a dry year so that being said are the guys in the Lookout area not getting way better yields in these drier conditions this year?
                              I assume there is money in it just the overall fact that they won the lottery just because of location location location. I would whole heartedly agree they definitely shouldn’t benefit on the tax payers backs. I’d like to be so lucky. Just asking not poking the bear.
                              To get that extra water on a quarter is going to cost $7500 per acre of taxpayer money....if irrigators are getting the capital costs for free shouldn't dryland farmers receive the same benefit ....

The problem is the amount of money the taxpayer is on the hook for...If irrigation was paid for by the guy benefitting ..OK then let him mortgage out...

There are guys that can set up irrigation cheaper than these large projects but receive no money to help them get there....

The funding model is flawed for it all....if you can get land certified for irrigation and have the available water source ...It can be done for substantially less than the 7500 per acre these large projects cost.

The massive projects never put a performance standard on the taxpayer money spent....maybe the higher value crops they talk about this creating should be grown on 75 percent of the existing acre the taxpayer is on the hook for now before investing more to be thrown down the drain...

FFS the existing projects are receiving 40 bucks an acre for 5 years ....that 200 dollars that is not coming out of those who benefit's pocket...

You are talking millions for some guys and yet they grow low value crops....

I would like the government to buy my farm the equivalent of a new sprayer or tractor...

And the saskparty wasn't smart enough to call it a taxable benefit
                              Last edited by bucket; Aug 23, 2020, 17:32.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...