• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fall chill ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The economy is near broke oil slump may be permanent and we spend 4 billion dollars to help a relatively small portion of farms?????
    And 4 billion is not the real cost this will be like 10 billion if they do what they say.

How about helping those farmers in the quill lakes area all
    That flooding and no plan no nothing

Comment

There are pipeline companies that could lay a 1600 mile pipeline for 4 billion until Trudeau got involved...

We are talking about a 60 mile canal for the Quappelle south ....if potash needs water it seems a pipeline is far easier and cheaper to build...

Where does a canal make sense when you figure out where the tile drains for that good land is going to go????

Comment

Gotcha. In my part of the world it is hardly necessary and quite sure it would take a lot of years to pay back if the pivot only runs 3-4 times a year at the most the majority of most years. Curious to hear from someone in that land catchment area what their actual costs are out of their pockets to set this up. I assume it would be a no brainer to jump on board if the water is running right past your property.
        I do agree a drainage plan for most of Sask would be better money well spent than this project. When u look at the drainage systems in the US Midwest it definitely benefits all the farmers if it’s done right.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          Bigzee, we’ve been hoofin her through the lentils through this heat. We are “working the bugs out” with a few glitches but today we should be done lentils. We always feel relief when the little sweethearts got pounded down with hail and are flat as a not quite pancake. 😂 We quit early, shower up, tip a fewback and turn up the air conditioner and thank God for another safe day. Take care Buddy. You getting help in this year? Tell him to give me a call and I’ll bring you guys some cool tidings of great joy.
          We are running two new combines this year ... well not brand new, have 290 hrs on them .... S780s. Have good help, one new guy and my two sons and brother. Hoping for a smooth harvest. One son will be going back to school on the 8th which he doesn’t want to do.
          Everyone take care this busy season.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
            The economy is near broke oil slump may be permanent and we spend 4 billion dollars to help a relatively small portion of farms?????
            And 4 billion is not the real cost this will be like 10 billion if they do what they say.

How about helping those farmers in the quill lakes area all
            That flooding and no plan no nothing
            How about twining the track to the BC coast for higher efficiency for all of us , grains , lumber , potash , oil .....
            be a benefit for all western Canada, not just a handful of political buddies .... like a page from Bill Boyd playbook ffs

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...