• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pea yields

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delaro pea plot came off in southern Alberta, check was 74, 80 to 90 for treated. Not irrigation.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
      Not hard to understand over a buck loss it’s a fk job we have no clout over the buyers. This debate has been had what is the actual price that the buyers from us are getting? Nobody knows!!
      I do know the values at destination and there is so little money in trading peas i am hearing some line companies are moving what they contracted in winter and going to no bid on the prairies. These terminals make money turning the assets. They don't buy and hold because it "might" go up. I have no offer on peas today with my day job. Impossible to trade this product. It will change but not for a bit.

Again, i do think it will get better but its not that Canada is a "shit hole" (to be frank this is offensive) and no one wants to deal with us because of Trudeau. I don't like the guy either but he has nothing to do with this. marketing is about understanding what is happening around the world and reacting. India has not bought any product for a couple years because they have their own product. Not about tariffs. A few years ago 10 vessels would be waiting for peas in Vancouver. This drove price.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
        Not hard to understand over a buck loss it’s a fk job we have no clout over the buyers. This debate has been had what is the actual price that the buyers from us are getting? Nobody knows!!
        Remember....there is NO speculation between the farm gate and end user. Its all just margin based profit.

Oh how I would like to see some short positions struggle to get filled. Traders making a sale and assuming product will be there for a profit margin or farmers will sell no matter what price gets offered to them?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Remember....there is NO speculation between the farm gate and end user. Its all just margin based profit.

Oh how I would like to see some short positions struggle to get filled. Traders making a sale and assuming product will be there for a profit margin or farmers will sell no matter what price gets offered to them?
          Happens occasionally maybe often in here.

Trader bang up $25 from day before need x amount of wheat in 7 days Check shipping schedule and cargo tendered price and join the dots.

Usually when this occurs filled within a matter of hours

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

No obviously there is some speculation in the market. Without that you would not have a functioning market. Speculators drive the markets in both directions. It is a zero sum game though.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
              No obviously there is some speculation in the market. Without that you would not have a functioning market. Speculators drive the markets in both directions. It is a zero sum game though.
              Speculators best friend or worst enemy depends on market dir3ction.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...