• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CEBA

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
    Word at CIBC is its getting expanded to 60k and 20k is forgiven on repayment. Stay tuned
    https://betakit.com/government-expands-criteria-of-40000-small-business-ceba-loan-program/ https://betakit.com/government-expands-criteria-of-40000-small-business-ceba-loan-program/

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
      Never applied, should have as I know I
      Will be paying for it for years to come.
      Just bad business on my part I guess

Remember Devines free money
      For your house , to get elected.
      We paid a lot for those renos in the end .
      My daughter applied for her salon/spa
      Businesses, which really did take a hit.
      Gets everything in , and the site crashes.
      Never did get it in the end either.
      I hate programs like these.
      But Trump does the same thing , 46 billion for ag in the last
      Now that will buy some fancy trucks
      ceba extended to oct 31, not too late sawfly

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        ceba extended to oct 31, not too late sawfly
        Take the ceba, ship the kids to South dakota or Florida, so they don't have to pay for it. A "parts run" will get you in, they can buy new stuff with the Canadian govt grant when they get to the new country.

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post
          Just make sure you include a few extra cases of ammo in your CEBA spending
          And a gas mask.

Comment

I think CEBA was extended to December 31st....in that same announcement as the extra $20000.

Comment

For those that have already applied for your $40,000, will you have to apply again for the extra $20,000? Was going to apply today, but my bank's limit is still at $40,000 so I think I will wait until the application states $60,000. From what I've heard from my accountant the easiest way is to use employment expenses , using fertilizer or other inputs is much harder, what expenses have you used that has been approved?

Comment

There’s no details yet. Just speculation but my bank email said they wouldn’t know much until govt got everything ironed out

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                  There’s no details yet. Just speculation but my bank email said they wouldn’t know much until govt got everything ironed out
                  Credit union got info today.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                    For those that have already applied for your $40,000, will you have to apply again for the extra $20,000? Was going to apply today, but my bank's limit is still at $40,000 so I think I will wait until the application states $60,000. From what I've heard from my accountant the easiest way is to use employment expenses , using fertilizer or other inputs is much harder, what expenses have you used that has been approved?
                    Any loan or lease payments before covid.
                    Over the 40k amount.
                    Approved quickly.

Comment

This program is such a joke and complete disgrace of our gov’t if all these amounts are forgiven to farms and businesses that have experienced almost no impact to date from covid

Comment

I know of retired people getting the CEBA because when they sold the farm they had formed a company....they don't need it and really shouldn't qualify.

Meanwhile young farmers using personal accounts get SFA ....

Think about this ....a farm with a business account can use the 10000 free money to double it by making their agriinvest deposit....

Government money extracting more government money...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                          I know of retired people getting the CEBA because when they sold the farm they had formed a company....they don't need it and really shouldn't qualify.

Meanwhile young farmers using personal accounts get SFA ....

Think about this ....a farm with a business account can use the 10000 free money to double it by making their agriinvest deposit....

Government money extracting more government money...
                          Color me Schtoopid, but I'm a relatively *young guy*, and refuse to sign myself up for this program out of principle... Free money... There's never any "free money".

Also, *my farm* hasn't really seen any significant covid impacts aside from some difficulty sourcing parts for my antique lineup. Anyone got a line on brake pads for C7000 GMC with hydraulic brakes? Good god, they're IMPOSSIBLE to find! Thinking I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and peel them off and send them to Calgary to get the old ones resurfaced.

At certain points of the year, bearings of particular sizes were difficult to source.

Currently on back order for a set of chrome rub bars on a 1688. Case wants $6000 for them, but any of the aftermarket dealers that will part with them for $2000 have NO ETA. Guess i give them till July of next year then I'll have to put a set of regular steels in for the season.

Comment

Well now you are using your farms equity to compete against your neighbors that are using the Canadian treasury. ...the US treasury etc etc....

Good for you for holding the moral high ground....many of your neighbors are taking the 10000 grant multiple times..

And by neighbors I mean farmers in general...

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                              Color me Schtoopid, but I'm a relatively *young guy*, and refuse to sign myself up for this program out of principle... Free money... There's never any "free money".

Also, *my farm* hasn't really seen any significant covid impacts aside from some difficulty sourcing parts for my antique lineup. Anyone got a line on brake pads for C7000 GMC with hydraulic brakes? Good god, they're IMPOSSIBLE to find! Thinking I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and peel them off and send them to Calgary to get the old ones resurfaced.

At certain points of the year, bearings of particular sizes were difficult to source.

Currently on back order for a set of chrome rub bars on a 1688. Case wants $6000 for them, but any of the aftermarket dealers that will part with them for $2000 have NO ETA. Guess i give them till July of next year then I'll have to put a set of regular steels in for the season.
                              Did you try Saskatoon used truck parts? Maybe no longer in business but have got parts for those trucks in the past. I have a front right side set that was bought a long time ago when i changed the left ones while doing other things.

I also refuse to go through the process to take this loan and it drives me nuts when people talk thoughts of “sense of entitlement” or “get your share since the gov’t will be nailing us later”.

Comment

Don't you think this piss ass government owes farmers anything?
                                20 k free is probably all we will ever get.
                                Covid cost us a buck a bushel or more last yr.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...