• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Violence by far-right is among US’s most dangerous terrorist threats, study finds

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come I never heard you advocating and screaming racism for Tony Timpa then? Killed the same way and not a peep from you. Oh that’s right. He is white, so doesn’t fit the narrative.

And again, I didn’t say there wasn’t racism in the police force. I pointed out that you failed to prove that there was racism in any of your examples. And you still have failed to do so. Simply stating that something is this or that, doesn’t make it fact.
    Last edited by flea beetle; Jul 3, 2020, 10:34.

Comment

Never heard of the case. No doubt there are cases of excessive force regardless of race.

But you have admitted racism is everywhere. And obviously it is in police ranks as well. So why do we need to dissect every case to your satisfaction?

Is the problem that you don't think it is a serious issue or that it is important? Why are you pushing back so hard when reducing racism and improving black and indigenous lives has no negative impact on you?

The worldwide size and the scope of the Black Lives Matter Protests suggest that most people do think it is a serious issue and a big problem. Even many Agriville posts couldn't believe what happened to George Floyd.

Black and indigenous people and other minorities are reporting lots of racist incidents in their lives involving police and just living their lives. That should be enough to convince anyone that there is a big issue.

Just because you don't believe every case of police intervention may or may not be influenced by race doesn't matter.

Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
        Never heard of the case. No doubt there are cases of excessive force regardless of race.

But you have admitted racism is everywhere. And obviously it is in police ranks as well. So why do we need to dissect every case to your satisfaction?

Is the problem that you don't think it is a serious issue or that it is important? Why are you pushing back so hard when reducing racism and improving black and indigenous lives has no negative impact on you?

The worldwide size and the scope of the Black Lives Matter Protests suggest that most people do think it is a serious issue and a big problem. Even many Agriville posts couldn't believe what happened to George Floyd.

Black and indigenous people and other minorities are reporting lots of racist incidents in their lives involving police and just living their lives. That should be enough to convince anyone that there is a big issue.

Just because you don't believe every case of police intervention may or may not be influenced by race doesn't matter.

Enough said.
        The difference between you and me is I have provided evidence suggesting why it isn’t racist. You have provided none. Because there is none in those cases.

Comment

Never heard of the case.
          Have you considered WHY you've never heard of the case? Do you think that the WHY might just be the most important part of the story? Did you go looking? Did you have to go looking for the George Floyd case?

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
            The difference between you and me is I have provided evidence suggesting why it isn’t racist. You have provided none. Because there is none in those cases.
            Your evidence is proof? And all the first hand accounts and videos are not? LOL

Black and indigenous people and other minorities are reporting lots of racist incidents in their lives involving police and in just living their lives. That should be enough to convince anyone that there is a big issue.

But Flea you don't seem to care because its not your problem apparently.

Have a great weekend.

Comment

Reckon chuck was being sarcastic ,I reckon saying he hadn’t heard of it, was about this time last year equally as bad a mr Floyd

Comment

Tony Timpa is another case of poorly trained police officers. There have been thousands of cases of people in mental distress who have been aggressively handled by police who should be assisted by mental health and crisis intervention personnel when ever possible in an effort to deescalate first.

Comment

Your evidence is proof? And all the first hand accounts and videos are not? LOL

Black and indigenous people and other minorities are reporting lots of racist incidents in their lives involving police and in just living their lives. That should be enough to convince anyone that there is a big issue.

But Flea you don't seem to care because its not your problem apparently.

Have a great weekend.
                  If my evidence isn't enough proof, then refute it with evidence that proves there was racism in the examples we have talked about. SIMPLE. But you haven't done that.

So me talking to various indigenous people and being told that a lot of their plight is from within doesn't count, but various accounts from black and indigenous people should be enough to convince anyone that there is a big issue? Albertafarmer lives a few hundred miles away from me, and has heard the same account as I have. Yet you won't acknowledge that there is something there. Sounds like cherry picking accounts of a situation to me!

And again, I am not saying that there isn't racism in the world as you are trying to make it sound like. I am saying that in the examples we have talked about, you have not proven that there is racism there. I am not arguing with you because I don't care about black or indigenous people. I am arguing with you because you are blindly saying that this event was racist or that event was racist. Yet you provide no argument at all as to why it was racist. You are promoting racism where there is none. And that is why you are getting pushback from me.
                  Last edited by flea beetle; Jul 4, 2020, 12:39.

Comment

Tony Timpa is another case of poorly trained police officers. There have been thousands of cases of people in mental distress who have been aggressively handled by police who should be assisted by mental health and crisis intervention personnel when ever possible in an effort to deescalate first.
                    But there was a black cop on scene and he did nothing. Therefore it must have been a racist act.*

You see where I am going here. These are the baseless arguments you use to promote racism.

Comment

Our local policeman, I grew up with him over school holidays he visited his grandparents here.

Returned locally about 15 yrs ago t a one policeman police station.

He drops by occasionally.

Told me last week if I was getting bashed by white crims he could lay into them with his baton capsicum spray last resort weapon.

If I was getting bashed by indigenous he has to reason with them , call for assistanc3 48 kms away just act rationally and dont make a scene. If force is needed It’s last resort and weapons errr no no unless they are armed.

So much for white privileged here.

Don’t go anywere I could get into such a situation by the way.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...