• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Violence by far-right is among US’s most dangerous terrorist threats, study finds

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    The Atlanta cop was charged with murder under Georgia law and fired. Do you Still think He did nothing wrong? And Do you think that we shouldn’t be concerned About how cops treat black and indigenous people? Because neither of you seem very concerned and are siding with the cops at every chance. I guess from this we know what your views on this issue you are. The cops can do no wrong and the blacks and indigenous people are to blame! If that’s not the case let us know.
    Even if he did do wrong, which based on the evidence provided in the other thread I don’t think he did, does that automatically make it about race like you are trying to make it out to be? The cop got called to the scene because he was passed out in his car in a drive through. The guy got combative while being put under arrest for failing the sobriety tests, and stole a taser and pointed it at the cop. Nothing to do with race. And I can’t say for sure weather he will get convicted or not. The jury will decide that. Based on the way Georgia laws are written, he shouldn’t be convicted in my mind.

Same with the Allan Adam story. His wife got pulled over for expired plates. No need to get combative there. He is the one that escalated the situation to where it went. All he had to do was sit and let his wife take the ticket. But again spun as racism.

I side with George floyd on that case. But again I don’t believe it was about race. Cops were called for forgery I believe it was? Owner pointed him out across the street and it took off from there. He scuffled with police and ended up being taken down. Cop was over zealous and kept his hold on him and suffocated him. Horrible to watch, but again I don’t believe that was about race.

Ask forage what I think about cops. Definitely don’t side with them every time. But keep twisting to push mistruths. Maybe one day you will get one to stick. God knows you try enough.

Comment

Yeah he was fired and facing murder charges because he was just defending himself! Hahhahaha Really? The cops can do no wrong? Then we know whose side you are on and what you think of black people.

And we shouldn't be concerned about what happened to George Floyd and the several other cases of cops killing black people without a good reason?

And you are sure there is no systemic racism in the police departments either in Canada or the US?

Keep digging yourself a hole there flea.
      If they didn’t fire him, there would be a few more buildings torched. Hard to have an unbiased review when they have you tied to the stake and are holding the flame to it to light it on fire. They had no choice but to fire him to keep the peace. Again according to Georgia law, he followed protocol the way I read it.

And again you are making this about race when there isn’t anything there. All of a sudden I hate black people because I point out that the guy pointed a taser at a cop and that is why he got shot. You are quite the melodramatic. The only real outright forthcoming racism promoter here is you.

There is racism everywhere you go, but you have failed to show that these cases are based on racism. Any of those events could have happened to any race.

No hole here, you can try pass the buck all you want though.
      Last edited by flea beetle; Jul 1, 2020, 18:56.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
        Everybody is so bloody angry. What is any of this accomplishing?
        We are not accomplishing much on Agrisilly but in the real world more people are aware of how cops treat indigenous people and black people and race relations and racism are under the microscope. This is leading to positive change and awareness.

And we know that far right groups, white supremacist and neo nazis are an increasing threat and pushing back and downplaying and denying that racism is an issue.

Comment

Nice try. But You missed the mark. The thread is about the increase in the far right terrorist threat in the US if you haven’t noticed. You have said nothing about the CSIS report. Try to stay focused.

And when you are not too busy tell us how you are negatively affected by all this attention to racism. Or are you going to keep hiding. Don't be shy. Flea came forth now its your turn.
          Maybe if you would answer the questions put forth to you in their respective threads, we wouldn’t have to chase you around for answers in other ones? When you lose an argument you run away with your tail tucked firmly between your legs. And it has happened a lot lately.

I told you I am not affected negatively by attention to racism. I am however pointing out that you are fabricating racism in places where there is none.

Haven’t hid once from you. Have answered all of your questions. Can’t say the same about you though.
          Last edited by flea beetle; Jul 1, 2020, 14:26.

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
            If they didn’t fire him, there would be a few more buildings torched. Hard to have an unbiased review when they have you tied to the steak and are holding the flame to it to light it on fire. They had no choice but to fire him to keep the peace. Again according to Georgia law, he followed protocol the way I read it.

And again you are making this about race when there isn’t anything there. All of a sudden I hate black people because I point out that the guy pointed a taser at a cop and that is why he got shot. You are quite the melodramatic. The only real outright forethcoming racism promoter here is you.

There is racism everywhere you go, but you have failed to show that these cases are based on racism. Any of those events could have happened to any race.

No hole here, you can try pass the buck all you want though.
            So you are still standing by your argument that there is no systemic racism in police departments? Because the RCMP and several police forces have admitted to systemic racism. So why are you in denial when the actual police forces admit some of their officers are racist and there is systemic racism?

Comment

So you are still standing by your argument that there is no systemic racism in police departments? Because the RCMP and several police forces have admitted to systemic racism. So why are you in denial when the actual police forces admit some of their officers are racist and there is systemic racism?
              Where have I denied that there is racism in police departments? I just finished saying that there is racism everywhere you go.

I however pointed out that you failed to show that racism was part of the examples you provided.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-07-01 Ayaan Hirsi Ali ( Ayaan) Twitter.png
Views:	1
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	769899. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiAVIEyA7UQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiAVIEyA7UQ .
                Last edited by A990; Jul 1, 2020, 14:57.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                  Everybody is so bloody angry. What is any of this accomplishing?
                  What does any of the bantering on Agriville accomplish?
                  Last I checked, no one in the business of public policy was consulting any of us.

This topic, and COVID, are the two that most perplex me as to why a bunch of farmers( and supposed farmers) would take it so personally. We are the least affected group in both cases, yet the most passionate about our respective positions.

I don't hold a firm position on either of these topics, I just thoroughly enjoy picking on self-righteous know-it-all ideologues, regardless of topic. I assume Chuck must enjoy being on the receiving end of that, since he keeps coming back for more.

I learn lots along the way, hopefully other posters and lurkers do the same, Chuck is becoming a more effective debater(even while kicking and screaming in protest every step of the way). And Agriville keeps enough customers to keep the advertising dollars coming in to provide this forum to us free of charge. Which is convenient for the odd occasion when we discuss something productive such as marketing or agronomy or machinery.
                  Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jul 2, 2020, 00:27.

Comment

There are a few exceptions, but on Agriville and in public a large majority of people recognize racism is a problem and people are changing their views based on the last few weeks.

When you see police chiefs, rank and file officers, mayors, politicians, the NFL, NASCAR on their knees and admitting that systemic racism is real, you know we have made progress.

Whether we disagree about the details of one case or another is not that important. The majority of cops are going to be very careful in how they do their job.

Overt racism has become socially unacceptable, except among a very small group of people.

There is absolutely no downside to treating everyone with respect regardless of their skin colour, and ethnic origin, religion etc.

We still have a long way to go but these last few weeks have made a difference.

Comment

Agree, just wondering who this "we" is you're referring to.

Comment

chuck is one of "we", he has a long way to go. Rest of us are just fine, get along with all but AZZHOLES, crooks and losers.

Comment

There are a few exceptions, but on Agriville and in public a large majority of people recognize racism is a problem and people are changing their views based on the last few weeks.

When you see police chiefs, rank and file officers, mayors, politicians, the NFL, NASCAR on their knees and admitting that systemic racism is real, you know we have made progress.

Whether we disagree about the details of one case or another is not that important. The majority of cops are going to be very careful in how they do their job.

Overt racism has become socially unacceptable, except among a very small group of people.

There is absolutely no downside to treating everyone with respect regardless of their skin colour, and ethnic origin, religion etc.

We still have a long way to go but these last few weeks have made a difference.
                          Why does the word oblivious come to mind, When I read your posts in context to the post you are Possibly responding to.

Comment

A5 we are still waiting for you and others to tell us how all this increased awareness and action against racism is affecting you negatively?

Since you have said nothing about negative affects I guess we can assume that you have experienced no negative effects?

I don't see anybody standing up and saying racism is good.

So its time to move on.

Comment

A5 we are still waiting for you and others to tell us how all this increased awareness and action against racism is affecting you negatively?

Since you have said nothing about negative affects I guess we can assume that you have experienced no negative effects?

I don't see anybody standing up and saying racism is good.

So its time to move on.
                              I’m still waiting for you to show how there was racism in the examples you provided. Or do you just want to stir up racism where there is none?

Comment

Two words George Floyd. Unarmed, presented no threat with 4 cops at the scene. Ended up dead because of excessive force.

Black and indigenous people have been telling us for decades they have been the targets of police harassment, violence and in some cases murder. Video doesn't lie. How many more videos do you need to see? Whether you think it is racism doesn't matter.

You have already told us racism is everywhere so why wouldn't there be cases of racism in the police?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...