• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking the law: How the state weaponizes an unjust criminal justice system

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite literally, the stupidest thing I've heard yet. Mob intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-the-state-is-kneeling-on-the-job/ https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-the-state-is-kneeling-on-the-job/

Breaking the law: How the state weaponizes an unjust criminal justice system
      Marie Henein
      Contributed to The Globe and Mail
      Published 4 hours ago
      Updated June 13, 2020

Marie Henein is a lawyer and senior partner with Henein Hutchison.

On June 6, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau took a knee during the Black Lives Matter demonstration on Parliament Hill. It was the correct show of support required of a political leader, acknowledging undeniable facts: a history, a present and – without change – a future of racism.

But if the Prime Minister is going to stop at a bended knee, then that is as ineffectual as sending out a “thoughts and prayers” tweet. To quote Shakespeare, it is sound and fury signifying nothing. A bended-knee photo-op is not enough. Not even close.

The history of racism, in the United States and Canada, manifests in an endless list of ways. I want to talk about the one I’ve known intimately: the criminal justice system. Its history and present is central to our understanding of how criminal justice, from police powers to sentencing, is part of the web that directly oppresses Black and Indigenous lives. Knowing this reveals the hollowness of Mr. Trudeau’s camera-ready genuflection.

Let’s start here. There is a rational reason that Black Lives Matter marches have been accompanied by demands to defund police, enforce police oversight and decrease the epidemic of mass incarceration. It is because the state’s weaponization of the criminal justice system for the purpose of racial marginalization has a long, well-documented history. Using the criminal law is a dependable and effective method to double down on marginalizing the marginalized and sidelining the racialized. Historically, criminalizing others, locking them up, is a weapon deployed to maintain social dominance. Drug laws, three-strikes rules, minimum sentences – much of it has been born from racism masquerading as law and order. That is just a plain, undeniable fact. It is and always has been the case.

Let me give you just one example of how this political three-card monte is played. One of the most notorious was U.S. president Richard Nixon’s declaration of a War on Drugs. While entrenched by president Ronald Reagan, it was in fact Mr. Nixon who first inspired it when, in 1971, he announced at a press conference that drug abuse was “public enemy number one in the United States.” But the declaration of war wasn’t really on drugs at all. John Ehrlichman, counsel and assistant to Mr. Nixon and a Watergate co-conspirator, later revealed the truth: “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the anti-war left and Black people. … We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or Blacks, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and Blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course, we did.”
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmny2DTvvqw

Comment

So are those guys racist chuck ???

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          You always find the smartest things to say.
          Reading between the lines, are you suggesting both parties are hostages? To documents and actions from generations ago, and policies still enacted and enforced ( or lack thereof) by inept and corrupt leaders on both sides?
          Darnit Farma, I responded to your really good post, and you deleted your post before I got this up, so now I have a completely out of context post missing the quote I was responding to.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            So are those guys racist chuck ???
            Couldn’t take the heat, and tucked tail and ran?

Or it was his turn for two days off and now he will be back tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
              Couldn’t take the heat, and tucked tail and ran?

Or it was his turn for two days off and now he will be back tomorrow?
              Simply will flip onto some other subject and or continue to label everyone else who does does not conform
              Like deniers , knuckle draggers , flat earthers and on and on and on and on .
              Would be a perfect Liberal party MP

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Simply will flip onto some other subject and or continue to label everyone else who does does not conform
                Like deniers , knuckle draggers , flat earthers and on and on and on and on .
                Would be a perfect Liberal party MP
                Or else he contracted Chinese flu at the antifa rally. And has been too sick to post for a few days now.

Or perhaps he went down and joined CHAZ.
                For started his own autonomous zone right here at home.

But more likely he's just on his scheduled days off, you know these union guys , Won't lift a finger once their shift is over.

Comment

How are Covid and the protesters linked? To justify this, which apparently Canada is considering joining. This Pikkety prick is Karl Marx jr. It's full blown asset tax paid annually, forcing you to eventually sell all to pay the tax.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/12/want-a-fairer-society-this-economist-says-he-has-the-answer/

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/02/global-wealth-inequality-piketty/
                  Last edited by macdon02; Jun 17, 2020, 22:53.

Comment

You guys missing me again! LMAO

I have made my points. And I know most of you you will never change your mind!

Have a great day!

Comment

You guys missing me again! LMAO

I have made my points. And I know most of you you will never change your mind!

Have a great day!
                      No you usually run away, like in the other thread, when you can't win.

Comment

Apparently I have influence. Premier Moe agrees with me, systemic racism is a problem! Now you can write Moe and tell him he is so wrong! So it looks like you lost again. LOL

Comment

Apparently I have influence. Premier Moe agrees with me, systemic racism is a problem! Now you can write Moe and tell him he is so wrong! So it looks like you lost again. LOL
                          When are you going to address peoples pointed statements to you, instead of trying to skirt around them?

Comment

Run little chucky, run!

Comment

Did you influence over his hand gun issue too ? Lol

Such an influential guy lol

Comment

Oh chuckykins! Still waiting for a response. Oh right, you are a self proclaimed wiener.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...