• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Human influence has intensified extreme precipitation in North America

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those types of events never ever happened in the past. Just since humans came along. Christ sakes.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      Yup it does , it’s explained in very low sunspot activity. Has been proven through less particle forcing in the atmosphere. Also proven in past low sun spot activity.
      Do some research on Ben Davidson, I have shared links before . He explains this exact situation due very low sunspot activity , weak particle forcing and its effects on jet streams and weather blocking .
      Two sides to every story
      Davidson studied law primarily and has a you tube channel full of far out ideas, for example that he can predict earthquakes! He is into conspiracy theories and has no background in climate research. He is not a credible source of anything. How can you get suckered into believing this kind of crap rather than legitimate peer reviewed science? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
        Those types of events never ever happened in the past. Just since humans came along. Christ sakes.
        It’s the increased frequency! Warmer air holds more water vapour. Provide the science to back your denial up. Needs to more credible than the last example! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
          Chuck2 here is the problem, many times I have asked you how you think we can get to net zero by 2050, your like everybody else you really don’t know but we have to get there. You preach about the levels of C02 in the atmosphere and how they can’t go up any further but let’s be realistic if all the computer models(remember most prognostications are models not fact) are correct a good percentage of the warming is already locked in but you continue to beat us over the head! Why?! Electric machinery to replace all my equipment doesn’t exist and if it did I couldn’t afford to replace it all anyways, I am not going to stop using fertilizer or quit raising my cows. My friend in Manning last year had a killing front of -7 on June 7th and a killing frost again in late August, for most of us reality beats out all the plucking computer models! Enjoy your day.
          Hamloc one locationor region is irrelevant when it comes to global climate change. Weather is still variable. Climate is about long term trends.
          This is going to be a long transition to reduced carbon emissions. DOT and robotic Ag equipment already exist and are already being used. Electrification of equipment and trucking is already happening. I don’t expect those who grew up farming with horses or older technology to easily embrace new technology or thinking. You and I will be long dead. Change is continually happening. It doesn’t happen all at once. Did you dream of auto steer and sectional control when you were a kid? Cell phones and mobile internet? Nope! Enjoy your day!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            Davidson studied law primarily and has a you tube channel full of far out ideas, for example that he can predict earthquakes! He is into conspiracy theories and has no background in climate research. He is not a credible source of anything. How can you get suckered into believing this kind of crap rather than legitimate peer reviewed science? LOL
            Does that mean he’s wrong ?
            Conspiracy theorist , lol
            Many scientists are endorsing that .
            Have a good day
            Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 4, 2020, 10:55.

Comment

Who pays the scientists to do their studies? If I had a dime for every time I read a study by a scientist or doctor saying that this was good for u or that was going to make u healthier just to read the same shit 5 years later saying the opposite. It just proves to me that the studies and findings are dictated by the guys paying them to find the answer they wanna hear. If u can’t read between the lines chuck crawl out of the basement and get your Mom to explain it to u. I could spend all day finding cut and pastes like u but I’m a real farmer that has things to do.

Comment

Funding doesn't drive climate research outcomes.

Most of the climate scientists work for publicly funded organizations and institutions and their research is paid for by tax dollars which makes them accountable to the public good.

The issue of biased research is potentially more of a problem when corporations provide funding where profits are on the line.

Comment

Hamloc one locationor region is irrelevant when it comes to global climate change. Weather is still variable. Climate is about long term trends.
                  This is going to be a long transition to reduced carbon emissions. DOT and robotic Ag equipment already exist and are already being used. Electrification of equipment and trucking is already happening. I don’t expect those who grew up farming with horses or older technology to easily embrace new technology or thinking. You and I will be long dead. Change is continually happening. It doesn’t happen all at once. Did you dream of auto steer and sectional control when you were a kid? Cell phones and mobile internet? Nope! Enjoy your day!
                  I always find your responses so amusing. First off, yes my grandpa farmed with horses but I certainly didn’t lol. Yesterday my son was going to seed the field where we had wintered the cows. He discovered he forgot to turn the power disconnect switch off on the Versatile when we last were seeding almost 2 weeks ago. The batteries were very dead, the beauty of new technology is there is always something drawing electricity. So still charging the batteries and no seeding done. The other battery issue I had yesterday was my phone, when I first got it a year and a half ago it would last over 3 days between charges, yesterday it was going dead after just a day and a half. So why am I talking batteries? Because people like Chuck2 think we can run everything with them, I think that will not work.

Comment

If there are people who endorse and fantasize with far-out theories its the Gore religion. Talk about fiction!

Comment

I guess I will throw my smart phone and dewalt electric 1/2 inch impact wrench in the garbage! LOL

There are Teslas that go 600 km per charge, there are electric city buses operating across NA. Are batteries the solution for tractors? Probably not at the moment but there are some models already of smaller electric tractors. Maybe hydrogen is an option.

You don't even recognize what already exists and is working well. All you do is grouse about batteries. You gotta do better than that Hamloc!

Comment

I guess I will throw my smart phone and dewalt electric 1/2 inch impact wrench in the garbage! LOL

There are Teslas that go 600 km per charge, there are electric city buses operating across NA. Are batteries the solution for tractors? Probably not at the moment but there are some models already of smaller electric tractors. Maybe hydrogen is an option.

You don't even recognize what already exists and is working well. All you do is grouse about batteries. You gotta do better than that Hamloc!

And when manufacturers make replacement batteries for a ten year old impact gun...I will buy into your nonsense. ..

I have a 10 year old or longer snap on impact....battery clips are broke from use....can't get a new battery pack or fixed at battery Depot. ...or the snap on dealer...

Hope you like finding out your electric tractor is obsolete because of a battery design change.

And yes I end up throwing away a 600 dollar snap on impact away because of it....phuck you can piss a guy off with stupidity.
                        Last edited by bucket; Jun 5, 2020, 08:18.

Comment

Bucket, I am surprised you even use an electric impact. Why did you switch when pulling a hand wrench works just as well! LOL My Dewalts are great and half the price! Used many times a day.

Lots of manufacturers have a plan for built in obsolescence. Its a marketing strategy.

Phone batteries are better now, but they have a limited life span on purpose so you buy a new phone.

Auto manufacturers are putting in higher quality batteries for many recharging cycles with some warranty guarantees.

The cost of operating an electric vehicle is often much cheaper. Low recharging costs, no oil changes, simple electric drives etc..

Hydrogen electric will be an option as well

You guys got a come up with better excuses about why all the new technology is worse than the older technology. I am betting most of you have stopped using a party line and have smart phones? Why? if they are so bad and the batteries are no good. Try a string and 2 tin cans then. LOL

It's the ultra negative "Canada is a shit hole club" on Sillyville.

Its a good thing the negative cavemen died off otherwise we would still be still sitting in a damp cave freezing our asses off.

Nork said "fire bad.. too much smoke and have to haul wood and all my food is burnt... fire no good!" Nork paints "fire is no good" on obscure section of rock meeting wall called rockville. " Chief thinks fire is good! Chief is Liberal. Liberal no good" There are a few likes painted as well.

Rest of clan don't see Nork's rockville post. Too busy collecting firewood.

Bring back the good ole days!
                          Last edited by chuckChuck; Jun 5, 2020, 10:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                            I always find your responses so amusing. First off, yes my grandpa farmed with horses but I certainly didn’t lol. Yesterday my son was going to seed the field where we had wintered the cows. He discovered he forgot to turn the power disconnect switch off on the Versatile when we last were seeding almost 2 weeks ago. The batteries were very dead, the beauty of new technology is there is always something drawing electricity. So still charging the batteries and no seeding done. The other battery issue I had yesterday was my phone, when I first got it a year and a half ago it would last over 3 days between charges, yesterday it was going dead after just a day and a half. So why am I talking batteries? Because people like Chuck2 think we can run everything with them, I think that will not work.
                            and none of the dumb *****s can tell you how you will charge all their electric shit???????????

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              and none of the dumb *****s can tell you how you will charge all their electric shit???????????
                              Plug it in? And when you run out of electricity supply and a grid system you build more!

If your senior parent in a long term care home calls you up and says the TV is not working. The first thing you do is ask " Is it plugged in, did you turn it on"? "Oh yah I forgot." Which is the on button?
                              Last edited by chuckChuck; Jun 5, 2020, 11:39.

Comment

Chuck if this is a shit-hole club on sillyville why do you come here? You must enjoy Silly-shit!

I the warmer air has more water vapor why am i always shivering?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...