• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekend Precip.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
    Did you stop at the grocery store for some baking? Good stuff.
    Actually great store 👍
    Hopefully her paint project turns out later this week . Should give it a great face lift

Comment

Hopefully those who need rain get something
      Forecast changes hourly here , the only thing they can sort of forecast is wind it seems lol

Hey Wilton , next time your in Maidstone check out the mini Mall and store . My Daughter and her crew got the painting job done last night
      Looks like a new building now

Comment

What's with the FÃœCKEN wind already?

Please stop.

Probably ruin our chances of getting any meaningful rain tomorrow.

Comment

Noticed this morning we are “officially” in the rain zone for tomorrows BIG event.
          We were scheduled to get 2mm, now it’s up to 5.
          Least they don’t say 20, then lower it to 5, it’s going in the right direction. 🤣
          The dry areas are shrinking, we are soon to be the red dot on the map.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
            Noticed this morning we are “officially” in the rain zone for tomorrows BIG event.
            We were scheduled to get 2mm, now it’s up to 5.
            Least they don’t say 20, then lower it to 5, it’s going in the right direction. 🤣
            The dry areas are shrinking, we are soon to be the red dot on the map.
            That was us the past 4 years .. got enough to get crop but it was late coming
            Never did get er at all in 2001/2001
            Not a good feeling

Comment

Sad thing is we have enough weeds coming to warrant spraying. No rain in 3 wks the next in crop could be glyphosate. Lentils are in the 5-6 node and an inch tall or short (which ever way you want to look at it)

Comment

Heard of heavy rain and hail south of me. Doesn’t sound good. Just got a monsoon with sideways rain for half an hour here. Hopefully tomorrow is a bit gentler.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                  Sad thing is we have enough weeds coming to warrant spraying. No rain in 3 wks the next in crop could be glyphosate. Lentils are in the 5-6 node and an inch tall or short (which ever way you want to look at it)
                  Yes, PITA for sure
                  Had to respray a couple times over the past few years . Not much growing , staging ready , then 10 days later get a decent rain and then a wild flush come .
                  Not fun on a below average crop potential

Comment

Looks like we’re going to get it again today. This is what happens when crops look good. If they were crappy the storms would be all noise, not even rain.

Comment

3/10 overnight last night and 2/10 night before. Seeding not done in this area about 85% total. I am done with seeding but will have too wet to seed acres. Crops mediocre at best due to copious amount of flood damage especially peas. Tried spraying on the high spots of one field and wet enough crop you drive on is a goner but given the forecast it could get worse before it gets better. Can't believe all the complaining about a bit of dryness. You get more from from a seeded field in a dry year than a flooded unseeded field.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                        3/10 overnight last night and 2/10 night before. Seeding not done in this area about 85% total. I am done with seeding but will have too wet to seed acres. Crops mediocre at best due to copious amount of flood damage especially peas. Tried spraying on the high spots of one field and wet enough crop you drive on is a goner but given the forecast it could get worse before it gets better. Can't believe all the complaining about a bit of dryness. You get more from from a seeded field in a dry year than a flooded unseeded field.
                        It’s very wet north of here as well but not nearly as bad as your area .
                        I think this wind is driving everyone batty too
                        Fun times this farming .... can be extremely challenging

Comment

Holy schmolly we are up to 10-15 mm tomorrow.
                          Started building the arc in the shop.

Comment

Actually I’m at the lake drinking spiced rum. 🥃🥃🥃

Comment

On my knees drinking rum and holy water. 🙏🏼

Comment

Had this conversation today with a neighbour about whether it’s better too wet or too dry. We both agreed a bit on the dry side is better but not dust bowl conditions. Could use a good 3 day rain now. Sister lives in Sherwood Park and she said she’s sick of the rain and shitty weather. If I could I would take it for a few weeks. Not like what they have been having for more than a month tho. Gotta love mother bitchy nature

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...