• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday end of the Week Wrap up on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
    So....

How, specifically, has covid19 hurt your farm operation, so far?

For us, the farm is the only thing that has not been affected...

Good question....the point is...when shit hits the fan ...whether it be a shitty harvest or covid19 to businesses....

Shouldn't the help be the same?

Air Canada will receive billions....banks are making nothing but money on this...whether its by better spreads on interest or the backing of government to move their bad debts to in the process....

Bill Morneau is ensuring banks are not hurt ...he does not give a shit about the average person....because he is above all that...born and bred into money....he understands nothing of wealth building for a nation...

Agriculture should never be forgotten as the kickstarter of the economy....if Trudeau or Morneau understood basic economics....

You could fully fund farmers and the economy would make out like bandits for all the middleman involved and the economic driver it provides....

Comment

For edification, the screenshots I posted were an Edmonton Chamber of Commerce weekly survey of its members who took the survey. Could be seen as alarming. 25% of respondents feel they may not have cash for payroll next week. Of course if laid off less expense but still...
      That's the here and now.
      Our bs commission's become politically trained very quickly. Act a certain way or you don't get an audience in Ottawa.
      Facts of Life. Start pulling your check offs en masse. Go to as many meetings as you can stand. Be the high nail and get hammered.

Comment

So....

At this point in time not much , the rail blockades cost us millions already though
        If this Covid continues to wipe out financial markets everywhere and last another 6-8 months .... then it will be a train wreck as we all will have spent a fortune to put a crop in and potentially no buyers . Ag industry will be ok , they all will get paid ahead .
        Hopefully the world still needs to eat and somebody at the end can pay us for the massive amount of risk we are about to take here in a months time .

Comment

So....

Well for me lamb and mutton down 20% wool down 30 to 45%

Vaccine drenches very scarce and chemical which I’ve secured basically sold out.

Spare parts for any imported machine which is nearly all getting close to being exhausted common parts.

Even eartags impossible to get guessing plastic must come form. Hina

Comment

So....

Well, the local John Deere dealership is locked up tighter than a Jewish ghetto in 1941 Poland. A few isolate cheaters have already lied their way in though. Short line dealer in town all locked up. Parts set outside if you need something. Need an appointment to get office supplies.

Delivered wheat on Monday. I couldn't touch anything. Had to get after them to sweep the scale. They brought the cheque out to the driveway with tongs!

Trying to finish income tax but accountants are "working" from home. I guess when there's a couch, tv and refrigerator it's no wonder it takes 3 days to answer an email.

Has Covid affected our farm? Yeah , I think a little.

Comment

So....

Repairing machinery.

I can get parts shipped from Illinois, in my hands and through customs within 48 hours of ordering, IF the border is open without hassle.

I am waiting 2+ weeks through Canadian dealers and they tell me shipping on this side is going at 1/2 speed. **** me this country is pathetic.

Good luck getting parts this summer for any of your equipment.

Local grocery store is at 1/2 their employee base because a bunch are scared to even come to work and interact with public. Wait till that happens in dealerships.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                Delivered wheat on Monday. I couldn't touch anything. Had to get after them to sweep the scale. They brought the cheque out to the driveway with tongs!
                LOL....that’s crazy but its good they are being cautious.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
                  Repairing machinery.

I can get parts shipped from Illinois, in my hands and through customs within 48 hours of ordering, IF the border is open without hassle.

I am waiting 2+ weeks through Canadian dealers and they tell me shipping on this side is going at 1/2 speed. **** me this country is pathetic.

Good luck getting parts this summer for any of your equipment.

Local grocery store is at 1/2 their employee base because a bunch are scared to even come to work and interact with public. Wait till that happens in dealerships.
                  Trucking companies as well , it’s a matter of time

Comment

Yearling calves taking a beating this week.... I guess cbot figure the beef chain is worth sacrificing.Us homegrown backgrounders appear we’re going to take a thumping.

Comment

So....

No offence intended , but Is this a serious question , or merely sarcasm ?
                      But as I said before, nothing I would sooner be doing right here right now
                      Last edited by Guest; Apr 2, 2020, 19:03.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	150EBD4D-1FEE-4DB3-A2E3-948D72DF53A4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	769571

One world currency? What’s next and where will canada be with our .70 cent dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          No offence intended , but Is this a serious question , or merely sarcasm ?
                          But as I said before, nothing I would sooner be doing right here right now

I'm dead serious.

If we want to make a case for requiring aid in AG then we need a list of issues we are experiencing.

Mallee, sorry to hear but you guys in Oz are having a real tough go of it through this it sounds like. Thoughts and prayers with you.

Cattle prices dropping - there's a real issue...

Not being able to get parts fast? Not being able to get out of your truck unloading? Neither are currently a case for asking for funding /bailout imho.

We have been waiting on a load of steel from Germany for two weeks. Doesn't much matter because we're shut down anyway but the greater supply chain is basically no longer operating... That's a scary thing for the economy. It will take a long time to normalize everything.

Comment

Last time anyone swept the scale here was before I quit the awp in 1981.

Comment

So....

Well ....let's wait and find out....is that the better option?

Single biggest problem in agriculture is waiting for the disaster to happen knowing it will eventually.

Frost...wet years. ..dry years....closed markets....too cold in winter. ...

Let's wait for the disaster and still be ignored....

Meanwhile have 8 side businesses so playing in the dirt and feeding other nations is still a noble thing....

Or using your farm against 36 billion USD of the US treasury ....

How arrogant can a person be....
                              Last edited by bucket; Apr 3, 2020, 01:08.

Comment

I really have to say that Canadian farm Orangizations are the worst. We were flooded out and they said oh it's just a little area. **** water was all over it made some areas really rich and ours got bogged down in the mud for some 10 years. Prov and Fed did nothing, farm groups said its not me so to bad.

Then farming started to get good and we had two good years with almost min rain and wow things came back the money was made finally and then harvest from hell hit and rain every day.

Again gov and farm groups did sweet **** all.

So we have a virus that is going to wipe out about 3% of the world population and everyone is running around and Ag is an essential service blah blah blah.

We get more loans and debt and pay huge interest bills because we have to pay it all back and make money for banks.

Why arent input lines down to zero interest. Why.

But same as usual the farmers get the shaft and business and consumers get the bonus.

Yea if all these billion-dollar companies actually had some cash they wouldn't need help. Isn't that what farmers are told.

Thank you Feds, Thank you, Province, and thank you, farm groups, your all useless as wooden nickels

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...