• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theresa Tam

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Correction, still are.

Trudeau banned interprovincial travel yesterday yet daily flights from china still land here.
    I will ask again....are those re-patriation flights?

Maybe bringing more Canadians home from abroad can't be justified. I don't know.

If those are " random" flights.....someone needs their head examined if it isn't already too late....which it probably is.

By why potentially add to the infection source load?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      I will ask again....are those re-patriation flights?
      Just another series of questions our govt refuses to answer. Including the circumstances around what community transmission really means and the nature and condition of the people succumbing to this. All secret.

When my kids have to walk past a playground with police crime scene tape around it, what does that say?

We lock down with zero information and just live with it? Sorry that doesn't fly. You will see mass revolt against these measures in a few weeks unless the information is released.

Comment

The virus was exported all over the world, but not in the rest of c h i n a.

Comment

She JUST SAID, on CTV, 5878 positive cases in Canada, and 305,000 tests done. Well that is 2% positives, again NOBODY asks WTF are the other 98% sick with that is undistinguishable from this VIRUS? Anyone ever hear?

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
            She JUST SAID, on CTV, 5878 positive cases in Canada, and 305,000 tests done. Well that is 2% positives, again NOBODY asks WTF are the other 98% sick with that is undistinguishable from this VIRUS? Anyone ever hear?

Probably sick from fear mongering 24-7 by our govt and MSM. Think of the stress put on people from this.

There are now people in NYC who found out they have the disease and are asymptotic with no signs the disease will manifest itself and with access to open hospitals in their neighborhood have decided to kill themselves instead of live with the fear.

Comment

Jazz,

I am usually not this paranoid and definitely was never a germ-a-phobe.
              I was raised on a mixed farm. Drank water out of a hand pump, out of a pail, out of a dipper/cup that the whole family used.
              Ate alot of dirt and exposed to alot of animal feces. Unintentionally ate some of that too. Shoveled grain out of wooden bins with deer mice in them.....and swept up later(good thing I missed hantavirus).
              Ate what we raised and butchered. Dirt is not foreign to me! It doesn't scare me.
              But "novel" pandemic viruses get my attention. Examples in China and Italy and now the US NEED TO BE LEARNED FROM...even if you think your own government isn't being completely forthright with you.

Take the necessary precautions to protect yourself, and in doing so, the vulnerable who likely would be a casualty if they contracted it.

I enjoy my seclusion. Unfortunately I live close enough to a Sask major city that we go into for business and groceries, etc. I get an uncomfortable feeling in there. I am out of my safe space and in what could be seen as a Sask hotspot.
              I think we are in the early stages, if people heed some of the warnings hopefully we don't have to experience what some other parts of the world are.

I usually do not get the seasonal "flu"shots, if and when they have a vaccine developed for Covid-19, I will get it.
              This might have to circle the globe more than once before a degree of "herd" immunity is developed without the help of an effective vaccine. I'm not trying to scare monger but you never know....
              In the meantime I hope they find effective treatment plans and therapies for people who have trouble fighting it on their own.

Stay safe and stay positive. This too shall pass.

Take care.

Edit in, my Grandpa lost his brother and that brother's son in the Spanish Flu of 1918, was hard on the surviving spouse and remaining children, upheaval. That farm never survived either in the long run. The loss wasn't brought to my attention lately because of Corvid-19 either.....it was talked about family history.....so this hits home.
              Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 29, 2020, 11:14.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                Keep in mind the test isn't perfect. false negatives exist as well. I don;t think they said the other 98% are actually sick.

Some people in china who have recovered from covid are testing positive again. They are unsure what is going on, whether the test is bad, second wave, second infection by evil mutation....

I'm sure Jazz will tell us lol

Comment

It’s a damned if they do, damned if they don’t situation.

If our governments - provincial and federal - did nothing and we currently had tens of thousands confirmed, tens of thousands more probably infected and a death toll in the thousands with weeks to go before we peak... what would be being said then?

Is the economy worth that much more than human life? Is it scaremongering to take an approach that those models might be a tiny bit accurate. If models are ignored and they even come partly true, what would the fall out be?

It’s easy to be an arm chair judge. “Oh the stats don’t match the predictions. We don’t need to do all this” That’s right, Italy’s stats didn’t match the predictions. They blew them right out of the water.

In a situation with a novel virus that we have absolutely no experience with and can only presume the worst, hope for the best and prepare for what we can, I think we haven’t done too damn badly. It would be interesting to see what alternative approaches people who think this is “just a flu” would call for. Jazz, what would you have done if you were in government. Maybe you would have joined Boris and Trump with their herd immunity approaches?

Comment

all i know is that i am lying low , only one chance at a crop here, and the window is very small in the swamp
                    need to be healthy

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Jazz,

Stay safe and stay positive. This too shall pass.

Take care.

Edit in, my Grandpa lost his brother and that brother's son in the Spanish Flu of 1918, was hard on the surviving spouse and remaining children, upheaval. That farm never survived either in the long run. The loss wasn't brought to my attention lately because of Corvid-19 either.....it was talked about family history.....so this hits home.
                      The prairies were not left unscathed by the Spanish Flu. At the farm graveyard near our farm, I would say half the graves, many tiny gravestones dated 1918-19 with several bearing same family names. (that was before neighbour farmer stubble fire burned the cemetery a few years ago.)
                      Last edited by sumdumguy; Mar 29, 2020, 11:35.

Comment

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
                        Keep in mind the test isn't perfect. false negatives exist as well. I don;t think they said the other 98% are actually sick.

Some people in china who have recovered from covid are testing positive again. They are unsure what is going on, whether the test is bad, second wave, second infection by evil mutation....

I'm sure Jazz will tell us lol
                        Well aren't we told NO tests without symptoms? They are not testing everyone who wants one?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                          Tam and Trudeau playing the political correctness card will cost Canada hundreds of lives.
                          By the way today, March 28th Tam was telling the public wearing face masks wasn’t recommended. I would of thought it would decrease the amount of germs/water droplets transmitted between humans?
                          Dr. Tam Update, April 4th:
                          Face masks are now a good idea in some situations.

The political talking points keep changing for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                            Dr. Tam Update, April 4th:
                            Face masks are now a good idea in some situations.

The political talking points keep changing for her.
                            thats ok , her clip saying not to wear masks and the one now saying to wear masks now , will be played over and over and over on the state broadcaster so everyone can see, lol

Comment

If every American and Canadian resident wanted to wear a face mask starting in February then doctors nurses and all medical and support staff would have run out long ago.

There is not enough masks in the world. You don't need masks if you stay isolated.

The majority of early infections in Canada originated from travel by all the businessmen and tourists coming from other infected areas in the world. For all we know some Agrivillers could have brought it back from down south.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                                If every American and Canadian resident wanted to wear a face mask starting in February then doctors nurses and all medical and support staff would have run out long ago.

There is not enough masks in the world. You don't need masks if you stay isolated.

The majority of early infections in Canada originated from travel by all the businessmen and tourists coming from other infected areas in the world. For all we know some Agrivillers could have brought it back from down south.
                                there are still planes landing in vancouver, toronto , etc from china, rome etc. , even a fellow like you should be able to comprehend that, 5 million people left Wuhan province while China was hiding the virus
                                your jealousy is showing again, its a little embarrassing
                                if you don't want to travel, STFU
                                if you do and can't afford it , and you really do farm , its easy , just get a MC with points on and you can travel for free from your purchases
                                and read the macleans articles on the WHO leader and China dominance that furrow provided
                                Macleans is a trusted news source that hates Trump, these are articles you won't find on the state broadcaster and possibly may broaden your horizons

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...