• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Coronavirus be the solution to global warming?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if the water rises do you want that 78 million in your back yard or would you teach them how to swim?

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
      Why is it that someone who may have a different opinion is automatically labelled a liberal or a lefty? So those you think are conservatives are righteous? If I call myself a conservative things are good. That is totally idiotic.
      You seem to know it all, next thing your going to probably try and say tom brady will sign with the Buccaneers.

Comment

Never.

Comment

So if the water rises do you want that 78 million in your back yard or would you teach them how to swim?
          Just so you know I read your reply.

Comment

when the sea level rises that much i won't have a back yard and neither will my grandchildren

Comment

Yet another conundrum of a question. What do you mean by IF the water rises? Sea levels have been rising at a steady state since the 1860's? With no sign of stopping yet. It is not a question of if, but when. No CO2 tax is going to stop that process, only the next natural cooling cycle, which hopefully we are not yet in.

Comment

My grandchildren will adapt to changes, and furthermore their grandparents will advise them not to build 10 feet from the water. duh

Comment

And you base your belief that we don't have a problem on what? Tarot cards tea leaves. We have to go with the best information available.what if the spherical earth people are right? Better safe than sorry. The carbon tax may be the wrong approach for some. Come up with a better approach.
                  Agstar one example would be looking at electrical generation from a practical source like a molten salt reactor instead of intermittent sources like wind and solar. Nuclear power makes far more sense and can provide power 24 hrs. a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Farmer4Life View Post
                    Many of the airlines have reduced their number of flights by 75% as of this week. On average there are about 44000 flights a day and an average 4 hour flight including taxi produces 720 kg of CO2 on that flight. With 33000 fewer flights running we are now eliminating 237,600,000 kg per day and 1.6m tons per week. On top of this truck, bus and automobile traffic has decreased from 20 to 70% depending on the country. If you take the conservative number of 20% reduction we are reducing 1.6bn kg per day and 11.2m tons per week
                    Since we produce 36bn tons per year globally in 6 weeks we will reduce CO2 by over 5%. Maybe it's time to eliminate to carbon tax.
                    If reducing travel is all it takes then what are we waiting for? Cut all the wings off the airplanes and take the propellers of the ships and let’s cut back on carbon. Most of the meetings around the world can be done over wifi. No need to travel and pollute the planet and then have Canadian farmers pay for it. Since all the Canadian city people figure that global warming is true let’s start here and see how they like reducing carbon. Should be a good feeling to save the planet.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...