• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Coronavirus be the solution to global warming?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Coronavirus be the solution to global warming?

Many of the airlines have reduced their number of flights by 75% as of this week. On average there are about 44000 flights a day and an average 4 hour flight including taxi produces 720 kg of CO2 on that flight. With 33000 fewer flights running we are now eliminating 237,600,000 kg per day and 1.6m tons per week. On top of this truck, bus and automobile traffic has decreased from 20 to 70% depending on the country. If you take the conservative number of 20% reduction we are reducing 1.6bn kg per day and 11.2m tons per week
    Since we produce 36bn tons per year globally in 6 weeks we will reduce CO2 by over 5%. Maybe it's time to eliminate to carbon tax.

Sure makes you realize how much travel is not really necessary. Wonder if all these meetings that we are paying for couldn't be done on line or phone.

Comment

Never have we had such an entitled society. Used to be a few folks would go away for a holiday and it was a big deal etc. Now it’s hard to find anyone who DOESN’T.

Not saying it’s a bad thing. I would love to travel. I am pro travel, so don’t take this wrong, as a jealousy kick. I am simply saying that ppl complaining about first world problems, like how am I going to get home is a new thing. Interesting times we live in. I have a relative who has to forgo his vacay. You would think the end of the world has come by the reaction! Frustrating indeed. But I would encourage them to give their trip money to someone in need or to a worthy cause that would help people in need.

If it wasn’t such a me first society, this world would be a better place indeed...

Just benign observations don’t read into them too much. Just fascinating from a historical standpoint I think.

Comment

Will Conovirous be the solution to carbon tax

Well we are getting a taste of 2050 in 2020. Maby not such a smart idea.

Comment

The hope is that real problems like the Corona virus will put a stake through the heart of climate change non sense. The funny thing is that the lieberals need the tax revenue that the travel industry generates to pay off their pals. Now what are they going to do?

Comment

With all the climate alarmist conferences being cancelled this will reduce GHG emissions significantly.
            Maybe some of the climate alarmists will park their private jets and yachts for a few months but their entitlement will lead to thousands of them travelling to their favourite destination party islands.

Comment

Comment

Two more weeks of no activity in China ought to clean up the environment...

Comment

Oh crap you guys! We won't have enough heat to grow a crop if we slow this show down.

Comment

Any smart government will be begging for income soon. Even resource income.

Comment

Yes nothing like a good ole world plague to put:

GAY PARADES,,
                      TRANSGENDER RIGHTS,
                      BLACK LIVES MATTER
                      CLIMATE CHANGE
                      PEOPLE KIND
                      PETA
                      SNOWFLAKES
                      EMOTIONAL SUPPORT ANIMAL
                      EQUAL RIGHTS FOR WOMEN (they have already if someone would just tell them)
                      GREEN NEW DEAL
                      PARIS ACCORD
                      ME TOO
                      POOR POOR INDIGENOUS RIGHTS

......etc

Right where they belong, out on the street withering.

It seems like health. economics, good government, productivity, wealth creation and public safety are slightLY more important after all than all this time wasting bullshit we have had to endure from the overpaid fat and bored left winger woke people looking for an issue to fill their useless lives up with and cause the rest of us hell on earth.

Oh Kay bring it on....I’m racist, xenophobic, homo phobic, chauvinist ......whatever label you can find....I will be busy self quarantining, and playing the stock market....
                      Last edited by Crestliner; Mar 16, 2020, 21:23.

Comment

well said crestliner, we all hope they STFU!

Comment

I will second the well said on your post! Most of the people who post on this site, If you really get down to it , are just plain sick and tired of a bunch of groups and politicians telling them that "we have to change or else" , meanwhile the rest of the free world goes on , business as usual.

33% of the people in this country are paying 100% of the bills. Seniors and war vets are getting half of what they are entitled to , and they paid their dues, period. It is time to cut back where it counts.

When Justin Trudeau said the line " the budget will balance itself " this country should have realized he was a complete entitled rich boy IDIOT !!!!!!!

Comment

Wake up call for all.
                            Nothing in this world is more important than Good health.

Comment

Yeah we are all stupid Corona virus a hoax global climate change a hoax. Listen to the qualified experts not the Alex Jones. You can question the data but don't call all of it a hoax. BE sceptical but don't close your mind. Greta might be out there but totally ignoring her and making fun of her won't make this a better world.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...