• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone stuck?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
    Westjet suspends international flights end of March.
    Actually sounds like in a day or two

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
      i bet your parents will never forget that cruise. These cruises can’t float around in the water forever. If no country will allow them to dock, how can they get supplies and fuel?
      Samoa let them dock for fuel and supplies and promptly evicted them from the port. Nobody got on or off.

The Australian embassy in Honolulu has been way more helpful for us than anyone else so far. We don’t have one the there so we piggyback off of them apparently. Tried phoning the Canadian number for there but got transferred to someone in Washington DC that could care less. Some other folks have been talking directly to the port and they’ve been helpful too.

Mallee I owe you a beer if our paths ever cross for the help from your diplomats. 🍻

Fingers crossed🤞

Comment

Whats the update with the world travellers Woodland?

Comment

Whats the update with the world travellers Woodland?
          Never slept hardly as Hawaii just announced they are shutting them out and as usual Norwegian hasn’t said anything to the passengers. I guess they forgot they still have limited contact with the outside world. I guess they get a world cruise now instead. Going to start lining up replacement help for calving and seeding today.

Nobody is sick at least.

Off to feed cows.......... that’s my stress reliever

Fun times.

Comment

Maasdam also refused disimbarkation in Honolulu. Where do they think they will go. It's like voyage of the damned.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
              Maasdam also refused disimbarkation in Honolulu. Where do they think they will go. It's like voyage of the damned.
              They could’ve went back to Australia since they were in the neighbourhood and they were/are accepting returning ships. Most of them are Aussie so they would’ve accepted their own at least. I’ve tried a bunch of avenues but struck out. I don’t know how many hours I’ve spent on the phone and all I know is they still have travel insurance and blue cross says it can be extended at least. I guess they have 17 days of medication left so that’s the next issue.

Truthfully I’ve accepted they’re not coming back anytime soon so plans are being made accordingly. Now with the kids out of school my wife is extra busy. We’re calving out the most cows we’ve had as well. Kinda depressing but too busy to dwell on it much.

I wish Norwegian would at least communicate instead of nothing.

Comment

We have done number of cruises and I can relate. Cruise lines on the verge of insolvency must be in panic mode. They must be short staffed. I hope they get back safely.

Comment

i wonder if this is happening on lots of cruises?

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                    They could’ve went back to Australia since they were in the neighbourhood and they were/are accepting returning ships. Most of them are Aussie so they would’ve accepted their own at least. I’ve tried a bunch of avenues but struck out. I don’t know how many hours I’ve spent on the phone and all I know is they still have travel insurance and blue cross says it can be extended at least. I guess they have 17 days of medication left so that’s the next issue.

Truthfully I’ve accepted they’re not coming back anytime soon so plans are being made accordingly. Now with the kids out of school my wife is extra busy. We’re calving out the most cows we’ve had as well. Kinda depressing but too busy to dwell on it much.

I wish Norwegian would at least communicate instead of nothing.
                    I feel for you Woodland, if I lived closer I would sure be willing to help out for a week. It's a daunting task to calve out a big herd. Hard to come up for air.

Comment

I read an article this morning about Norwegian Jewel, not sure if this is the ship. But the jist of the report was that all passengers were conferring with their home governments except for the Canadians. Are you surprised?

Comment

I see their ship made the CTV news this morning. Hopefully this gets something happening in their favour!!!

Comment

I read an article this morning about Norwegian Jewel, not sure if this is the ship. But the jist of the report was that all passengers were conferring with their home governments except for the Canadians. Are you surprised?
                          There’s 750 Americans onboard and it’s baffling they can’t get off in Hawaii. I phoned the number for the Canadian consulate in Hawaii but the number gets transferred to Washington DC and the lady there couldn’t care less. Then we got the direct line to the Australian consulate (shared with Canada apparently) and they are in contact and trying which is great. I’ve never talked to my MP’s office and the lady was very nice but totally unwilling to do anything.

Nobody is looking for sympathy, they would just like some communication. Norwegian tells me it’s up to the captain for what happens and my folks get told that corporate office plans everything. An email a day and a short phone call every couple days with this much uncertainty doesn’t seem to be much from my folks that I normally see every day.

It is what it is.

Comment

Unfortunately they missed Australia as it is now closed. Probably going to California where the grand princess off loaded since they were set up. Things have worsened so I would expect they will be held on the ship for at least 14 days and tested. When they are allowed off is an open question. I am sorry but that is the only scenario I can think of. Just a terrible situation. The only possible good news is if no one gets sick and they get by the worst of the out break.

Comment

Good luck.

Neighbor in Phoenix finally getting on THE last WestJet flight Sunday night.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                                Good luck.

Neighbor in Phoenix finally getting on THE last WestJet flight Sunday night.
                                My uncle and aunt drove back on Monday from Arizona and there was a 3 hr lineup at coutts. Did 2000km in a day. The interstate system is fantastic.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...