• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone stuck?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STR1 View Post
    I see their ship made the CTV news this morning. Hopefully this gets something happening in their favour!!!
    Possibly will be in the news again after a bunch of “rumbling” from the engine compartment and the starboard prop quit turning today. Dad would probably love to be down in the engine room helping them out feeling useful.

Now it truly is the slow boat to nowhere. Half speed only now.

The fun continues..............

Comment

Woodland - yep bet he could fix the the thing.

For the life of me I can not see how this can be an issue and not solved - dock the ship, take precautions to transport people to airport tarmac and carter planes to fly the passengers to their home country, self isolate at home.

Hoping there is a solution soon...

Comment

Assuming that no one has been let onto the boat in 14 days, and no one is sick, then the passengers and crew should be the safest citizens anywhere, and safe to unload anywhere. Who else can offer such a guarantee that they aren't sick, and haven't been in contact with anyone who has? Probably better off staying there than going through a crowded airport and sitting on an airplane.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
          Possibly will be in the news again after a bunch of “rumbling” from the engine compartment and the starboard prop quit turning today. Dad would probably love to be down in the engine room helping them out feeling useful.

Now it truly is the slow boat to nowhere. Half speed only now.

The fun continues..............
          Are your parents on there way home tomorrow sometime? If that’s the case lucky then boat broke down!!!

Comment

Are your parents on there way home tomorrow sometime? If that’s the case lucky then boat broke down!!!
            🤞
            That’s the plan and hopefully the fourth time is the charm. We put new seals in the hydraulic pump and steering motor on the D8 and it cured a major leak today. Then we got the D6 moved home to check it over too. My dad is probably suffering from cabin fever after being gone a month and he can “self isolate” on one machine for a couple weeks. 😉

I’m feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve ................. is it going to be a lump of coal or the shiny new toy ????

Should be one way or the other by tomorrow night. 🍀

Comment

Are you sure it wasn't your dad(Woodland's, not STR1's) who broke the boat on purpose, threw a spanner in the works as they say?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                Are you sure it wasn't your dad(Woodland's, not STR1's) who broke the boat on purpose, threw a spanner in the works as they say?
                Heyyyyy..............
                That’s confidential information which I can neither confirm nor deny at the time.

How’d the rumour get out so fast😉

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                  Heyyyyy..............
                  That’s confidential information which I can neither confirm nor deny at the time.

How’d the rumour get out so fast😉
                  oooh, you know the saying -

"...my people are watching your people..."

Click image for larger version

Name:	spy glass.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	769501

Comment

Well they just landed in Vancouver. Spending the night and then back to Edmonton in the morning. Just gotta wash up dad’s truck (don’t tell him we used it😉) and put some groceries in their fridge. I guess they made some friends from Ontario so the next trip may be closer to home ........... whenever that is.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...